Jump to content
The Education Forum
Mathias Baumann

Why did Oswald not bring his revolver into the Book Depository?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mathias Baumann said:

Good points. And wasn't the rifle hidden so well that it took the Dallas Police a considerable time to find it? I think it was hidden WELL BEFORE the shooting.

Agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy oh boy you are mixing many things into one.

First of ll who said he was completely innocent? Those are your words only.

Secondly  how did the conspirators manage to set him up as the "patsy"? And why did Oswald leave his workplace if he didn't suspect SOMETHING? Good question, which you will be looking for its answering until your dying days and then some.

Third: I am not imagining anything, speculation is what kills this 'thing' And doesn't bring you any closer to solving anything.

Four  Hindsight is always 20:20, look at this thing through a view with 1963 in mind and not 2018/

Five: Please lay out all evidence he owned a revolver, I suppose we are all interested in your evidence.

Six: Plenty shown that the pix are faked, even Marina said she did not take them.

Seven: I refuse to get drawn any further into this. Good day Mathias Baumann. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bart Kamp said:

Boy oh boy you are mixing many things into one.

First of ll who said he was completely innocent? Those are your words only.

Secondly  how did the conspirators manage to set him up as the "patsy"? And why did Oswald leave his workplace if he didn't suspect SOMETHING? Good question, which you will be looking for its answering until your dying days and then some.

Third: I am not imagining anything, speculation is what kills this 'thing' And doesn't bring you any closer to solving anything.

Four  Hindsight is always 20:20, look at this thing through a view with 1963 in mind and not 2018/

Five: Please lay out all evidence he owned a revolver, I suppose we are all interested in your evidence.

Six: Plenty shown that the pix are faked, even Marina said she did not take them.

Seven: I refuse to get drawn any further into this. Good day Mathias Baumann. 

Hello Bart,

what do you mean by your last sentence? I certainly did not mean to "draw you" into anything. I just wanted to elicit some information. Having read some of your interesting articles on "Prayer Man" I was just hoping for an intelligent conversation. If my post has come across as being provocative, I apologize.

Being not an expert on photography I surely don't want to start a pointless discussion on the backyard photos.

Reading your website I've found that you know a great deal about the TSBD employees. I'm sure you're familiar with this article as well:

https://www.facebook.com/322459544515376/posts/this-is-fascinating-article-by-william-weston-about-the-history-of-the-dallas-sc/550127641748564/

I wonder if you've come across any persuasive evidence that the TSBD was indeed used as a front for gun running or other covert intelligence operations as William Weston seems to imply?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EXCELLENT post/ topic. 

Another thing I would add- you MUST get Flip de Mey's book THE LEE HARVEY OSWALD FILES. Anyone in the world, Oswald included, could NOT fire the Mannlicher accurately if it was brought in broken down (assuming it even WAS brought in broken down---where were the tools? No oil marks on the bag, etc.). The rifle could not be sited properly even if reassembled.

I highly recommend this book---Flip, being from Holland, is totally detached from all the lone nut versus conspiracy side nonsense: he views the case dispassionately and goes thru ALL (and I mean ALL) the lone nut evidence; all the issues that can make even the most confident conspiracy advocate uncomfortable- the rifle, the bullets, the mail order form, the bag, etc. etc. etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Lee-Harvey-Oswald-Files-Kennedy/dp/9401432961/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1538262684&sr=1-2

 

Vince

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, David Andrews said:

This is petty but significant:  Oswald, staying at the Paine house, didn't even get in a proper morning wash before work on the 22nd, and throughout his day in jail protested that he wasn't allowed a shower.  That famous, saggy-necked T-shirt looks like yesterday's model as well.

Um, wouldn't you?...

I'd be nervous and sweatin' if I was a patsy.  A shower would be a relief for a few minutes, and refreshing in dealing with the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oswald and his hand guns?  Well there's the one he supposedly ordered but never received from I believe it was Seaport Traders in Los Angeles (possibly being investigated by Senator Byrd's committee on weapons transport (?)).  No required record of receipt by them or the reported shipping company.  Picked up at his Oak Cliff room after the assassination.  Then there's the one that supposedly ejected automatic shells from a revolver at the scene of Tippitt's murder.  Then there's 38 vs 38  Special shells and modification of the gun from a 38 to a 38 Special.   According to Fritz he said he bought it at a pawn shop in Fort Worth.   Someone reputedly said Oswald was given a hand gun after the assassination on the corner of Elm and Houston as Oswald left the TSBD by none other than Jack Ruby.  Then there is the possibility it was planted on him in the TSBD.  He was never questioned publicly about it nor was his questioning recorded.

The gun supposedly misfired or, if you can believe this, when fired in the Texas theater, the hammer landed on the soft skin between the thumb and fore finger of an officer attempting to subdue him and failed to discharge the firing pin.  I'm not making this up (maybe somebody else was, I don't believe it).    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Oswald 'went to Beckley' to change his shirt, not his t-shirt in which he had worked all morning breaking a lil sweat no doubt.

Once frisked for the second (!) time they find his bus ticket.

What is that bus ticket doing in his shirt pocket after changing his shirt over at his rooming house...........right.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Matthias, the Glaze letters are discussed at this forum, and to this day I still have to see any evidence to back any of it up. Duke Lane at the bottom of that post 'takes care' of this unsubstantiated dross.

I also would take anything the OIC propagates with a container of salt, everything is fake and suspicious and never any proof submitted. Plus they tend to rehash already disproved matters until the cows come home.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bart Kamp said:

So Oswald 'went to Beckley' to change his shirt, not his t-shirt in which he had worked all morning breaking a lil sweat no doubt.

Once frisked for the second (!) time they find his bus ticket.

What is that bus ticket doing in his shirt pocket after changing his shirt over at his rooming house...........right.

 

 

I think the legend is that he put on "his jacket" (so that the white Eisenhower windbreaker could be "found") and "his trousers" (or "pants," depending on the delicacy of the WCR historian). 

He's photographed being brought in wearing the controversial (Lovelady v. Oswald) nubby, brown-checked shirt,  So did he "change his jacket (shirt)" or "put on a jacket"?  Or neither?

Edited by David Andrews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole Beckley thing is a fugezi, Oswald made that up while being interrogated.

So is the bus ride, a total make believe.......

He got picked up in that Nash Rambler and had to cover for that.

Edited by Bart Kamp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

 

Matthias, the Glaze letters are discussed at this forum, and to this day I still have to see any evidence to back any of it up. Duke Lane at the bottom of that post 'takes care' of this unsubstantiated dross.

I also would take anything the OIC propagates with a container of salt, everything is fake and suspicious and never any proof submitted. Plus they tend to rehash already disproved matters until the cows come home.

 

Thank you. That's what I thought - a lot of conjecture and little hard evidence.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×