The Education Forum

John Robert Yeargan film

Robin Unger

This is footage of President John F. Kennedy's motorcade in Dallas, Texas, on November 22, 1963, followed by footage shot in Dealey Plaza the next day, November 23. The motorcade footage was shot from the NW corner of Market St. and Main, the last intersection before Houston St., which is where the motorcade would have made a right turn into Dealey Plaza--therefore this footage was probably taken less than a minute before the shots were fired that killed President Kennedy, and wounded Texas Governor John Connally. The original footage is 8mm motion picture film, that has been blown up to a new 16mm preservation negative via a wet-gate transfer; the digital video here was taken from a high-resolution scan made from a 16mm print, that was struck from the new preservation negative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWAAqnv7XAQ

Edited by Robin Unger

On 9/29/2018 at 2:57 PM, Robin Unger said:

This is footage of President John F. Kennedy's motorcade in Dallas, Texas, on November 22, 1963, followed by footage shot in Dealey Plaza the next day, November 23.

Robin,

Did you catch the guy up on top of the pergola? That part of the film must have been taken the next day.

I wonder how he got up there.

Steve Thomas

At 1:01, there's a shot of the front steps of the TSBD, I believe, on Saturday I assume. Funny though that the shadows in the corners don't look nearly as dark as they do in extant films from Friday. Weather conditions seemed to be similar.

1 hour ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

At 1:01, there's a shot of the front steps of the TSBD, I believe, on Saturday I assume. Funny though that the shadows in the corners don't look nearly as dark as they do in extant films from Friday. Weather conditions seemed to be similar.

Andrew,

I thought this was an interesting photo. It looks a little on the coolish side with grey skies.

image.png.822c5f0424d0147953b98a18f9b9fada.png

Steve Thomas