The Education Forum

Umbrella Man pic?

So, the hand waving DCM in the UBM photos is this "Felipe Vidal Santiago?"

And he ( Santiago ) was connected to the Umbrella Man ( claimed to be Louis Witt ) as his friend?

Was this a close or casual friendship?

Odd pairing on it's face without some background info explaining this friendship or acquaintanceship.

A connection "of any nature or degree " between the UBM and DCM  would explain the close standing location proximity of the two men and especially their sitting next to each other proximity ( as close as movie theater seat mates ) on the grass abutting curb right after the shooting when most others in the crowd were frantically running to and fro.

But then why would these two men who reportedly knew each other and sat so close to each other they could have held hands, then totally separate and go in different directions seconds or minutes later?

Who was Santiago?

Was Santiago a Castro hating Cuban?

Was Santiago involved in the Bay Of Pigs?

The whole scene of the opened black umbrella waving around with it's stiffly erect standing owner's anti-JFK - Joe Kennedy Nazi appeasement  protest motive was so uniquely weird and odd and out-of-place, relative to "every other person" in that crowd of hundreds, any half-way curious person studying the pictures of the scene that day would be stopped by this ominous looking anomaly.

This weird and brazen protest behavior happening right during the 6 second time frame shooting and within feet of the kill zone ( whether coincidence or not ) quite logically takes it to a level beyond curious...to suspicious.

And if the photos of the DCM  leaving the scene do indeed show a walkie-talkie type device on his person, then how can anyone "not" seriously consider he was involved as a ground control participant in the shooting?

Reading the linked article in an earlier post graphically describing the killing of trapped anti-Castro forces in the Bay Of Pigs, you are reminded again of the deep hatred of JFK  by so many invested in that failed invasion.

A hatred so visceral it just seethed with revengeful rage.

JFK was hated to a murderous degree by so many - anti-Castro zealots, their American mentors, violent segregationist, world's wealthiest oil men and their power structure, extreme right wing anti-communists, Mafia, old established power men such as Dulles, Hoover, insanely jealous LBJ, spurned former husbands such as Cord Meyer and throw in another hundred others and groups who hated or at least greatly disliked JFK to varying degrees such as Curtis LeMay, Richard Nixon, Edward Lansdale, etc... and his murder seemed almost expected.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

The whole scene of the opened black umbrella waving around with it's stiffly erect standing owner's anti-JFK protest motive was so uniquely weird and odd and out-of-place, relative to "every other person" in that crowd of hundreds, any half-way curious person studying the pictures of the scene that day would be stopped by this ominous looking anomaly.

This weird and brazen protest behavior happening right during the 6 second time frame shooting and within feet of the kill zone ( whether coincidence or not ) quite logically takes it to a level beyond curious...to suspicious.

Joe,

As always, I appreciate your revealing and reasonable posts / replies.  I think you can add to this odd behavior the DCM pumping his fist up and down at the same time as UM is pumping the umbrella up and down, right at the section of Elm marked by the yellow painted curbs and right at the kill zone where a "flurry of shots" entered the limo right as Greer slowed to nearly a stop as complicit in the plot, guiding the shooters to keep firing.

Thanks

Regarding the 3rd link above provided by David Boylan.

If the picture shown in that link is the true Felipe Vidal Santiago then the DCM in the UMB man photos is not this person.

The hand thrusting man in front of UBM is negroid.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, Micah Mileto said:

%20isley_umbrellaman.jpg

Havean't seen much discussion on his image. Where does this image place the 7 spokes/8 spokes umbrella debate?

I have never seen this picture either.  I assume it is a reenactment for several reasons.  First, the clarity.  Second, I don't recall seeing Beavis and Butthead in the blue varsity jackets.  Lastly, notice DCM has something in his back pocket.  He is holding his hand out to waive.  That is not how the other pictures show him.  The cars in the backgound appear stopped and not moving and coincidently, I don't see drivers in them.  My guess is reenactment.  If I am wrong, lets hear it.  That would be interesting.

How do we know its him if there is no photo comparison of Roy H.?

Or Vidal?

Can we see some work from someone elite Robin Unger or Groden?

I agree this the first photo is not original. Judging from the lamppost in the background we should see Fosters in the background. Second the North plaque above the route 77 sign on the Stemmons pole has way more space between it and the 77 sign and between it and the Stemmons sign above.
And I just noticed the big giveaway, Moorman and Jean hills positions are reversed, Moorman should be on the right of Hill with her orange coat. 

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:05 AM, Robert Harper said:

It is the first time this whole umbrella thing made any sense; I never believed the guy showing up with the same umbrella at the HSCA 15 years later. It's spooky and evokes anger, but it's far more plausible, imho, than a guy protesting JFK's father's support of Anthony Eden.

ANTHONY EDEN???  I wouldn't care, but Sir Anthony Eden was a distant relative of mine.  (This should solidify that I am a CIA disinformation plant.)  "Achieving rapid promotion as a young Member of Parliament, he became Foreign Secretary aged 38, before resigning in protest at Neville Chamberlain's appeasement policy towards Mussolini's Italy."  You mean Neville Chamberlain.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, David Boylan said:

Based upon James Richards research and things I've learned subsequently,  Umbrella Man was Roy Hargraves. His companion and good friend was Felipe Vidal Santiago. The reason for the umbrella was an F-you for the "umbrella" of air protection being removed from the BOP landing site.

http://www.historynet.com/cold-war-bay-of-pigs-invasion.htm

‘Colonel Frank,’ the American commander in Guatemala, confided: ‘We’ll protect the invasion with an umbrella,’ he said. ‘The air will belong to us. No car can travel without being bombed. We don’t need more men.’

Disaster predicted became disaster realized. Although the invasion was on, JFK was keeping his word to the Alliance for Progress that the United States would not be openly involved in it. He reneged on the CIA promise that an ‘umbrella’ of U.S. fighters would protect the landing; the Navy would perform only picket duty off the Cuban coast; and there would be no follow-up strikes against Castro’s airfields.

1.  JFK's head was going to explode in 8 nanoseconds.

2.  The umbrella was intended to bring to mind his failure to provide an umbrella of air coverage at the Bay of Pigs.

3.  As his head was exploding, he would have 2 nanoseconds to realize "Ah, it's because I failed to provide umbrella coverage at the Bay of Pigs!"

4.  And to make this obscure point, the conspirators were willing to take all the risks associated with having Umbrella Man and Walkie Talkie Man, two rabid anti-Castro zealots, in full view of any and all photo, film and TV cameras, not to mention hundreds of bystanders, thereby jeopardizing the entire conspiracy to pin the assassination on a pro-Castro commie punk.

Ya think?  I personally like it, but I've had three Guinness Stouts and fear that those who are thinking more clearly might view it as highly unlikely.