The Education Forum

The Cover Up Continues

I stumbled across the following two articles in the MSM.  They are not featured repeatedly as big news.  I think this illustrates the continued  coverup of information important to the people of the United States by the MSM since the JFK Assassination.  Important to someone obviously or it wouldn't have been published at all but quickly squelched by owners.  The articles are subsequently buried in insubstantial BS.  There's a pattern here.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/03/opinion/kavanaugh-law-professors-letter.html

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/2018/10/the_latest_church_council_calls_for_kavanaugh_withdrawal

I'm not trying to make a political statement here but trying to illustrate a fact regarding the control of the MSM for well over the last 100 years.  

Edited by Ron Bulman

I have been hearing of the Law Professor's letter and the Church Council one just today on the radio news ( twice) but agree the reporting of this story seems to be quite limited relative to the huge amount of representation numbers indicated.

This church council says they represent 40 million church goers ?!

Keeping this JFK connected, yes, one could compare the control over the MSM today to 55 years of similar manipulation and control regards the JFK assassination.

Heck, about the only thing we haven't seen in nationwide protest against the Kavanaugh confirmation are million person marches in all our major cities.

And I think we are very, very close to this unprecedented show of huge number protest.

Never before have we seen such a huge national expression of doubt and mistrust regarding a SCOTUS nominee. I will be dumbfounded if Kavanaugh is confirmed despite this unprecedented majority held unsureness.

Edited by Joe Bauer

"Important to someone obliviously or it wouldn't have been published at all but quickly squelched by owners.  The articles are subsequently buried in insubstantial BS."

Ron,  By  "obliviously" did you meant "obviously"? I'm not sure I understand. So you're saying the MSM are running these stories and then squelching them and not following them up and then on to something else. (buried in insubstantial B.S.?)

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Kirk, just some thoughts on the point I "think" Ron is making regarding manipulation ( downplaying and/or ignoring ) of certain national news stories versus others that effect us all so importantly as this SCOTUS one does.

MSNBC covers almost every story about the Kavanaugh hearings and in great depth.

The main traditional television news organization broadcasts however ( ABC, CBS, and regular NBC) not nearly as much.

Fox news reports the "opposite" of MSNBC in their extreme right wing political slant and often does not even mention certain news stories about Kavanaugh, some of which are national news on the other networks.

I notice this same pattern on the radio news.

ABC and CBS have their own radio affiliates and their news reports about the Kavanaugh hearings is even more restricted than what they share on their national TV news.

Radio news in America gets huge coverage. One hundred million adult Americans are in their cars every day and most listen to the radio while driving.

American radio is full of political commentary. And this is 90% dominated by right wing commentators. They express a slanted view of every political story and they just pound and pound away with this view and they are on the radio 24/7, 52 weeks a year.

The right wing radio political commentary world is one big propaganda machine. And this machine also controls and restricts certain stories that don't enhance their point of view.

With few exceptions ( Coast To Coast AM  for instance)  the JFK conspiracy story does not make it to 95% of the "national" radio talk and political commentary shows and never has.

Edited by Joe Bauer

22 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

"Important to someone obliviously or it wouldn't have been published at all but quickly squelched by owners.  The articles are subsequently buried in insubstantial BS."

Ron,  By  "obliviously" did you meant "obviously"? I'm not sure I understand. So you're saying the MSM are running these stories and then squelching them and not following them up and then on to something else. (buried in insubstantial B.S.?)

Corrected and correct.  Today I saw one non headline story on the law professors letter to the Senate on MSN.  It's up to 650 now with several from Harvard, where he now used to teach, and I believe a few from Yale.  You'd think the opinion of such distinguished professionals would carry more weight with such an august body.  Though the letter has yet to be delivered, perhaps it will receive more recognition when it does.  Nothing I saw on the Ministers today.  Considering the power of the religious right might the media be perplexed on what to do with this?  (As opposed to their owners wishes).

This topic is VERY JFKA-related.  The news coverage of the Kavanaugh nomination and the Senate Judiciary Committee is perfect proof that we can no longer make simple distinctions, let alone fine distinctions.  That we can be distracted by any shiny object.

The sexual assault charges are a diversion.  It is the snowball on the tip of the iceberg that sank the Titanic.  The rest of the tip: his underage heavy drinking that pickled his privileged, arrogant little brain; and his gambling problem that caused him to go 200K into credit card debt.

The rest of the iceberg: Kavanaugh is the most anti-labor and anti-consumer judicial nominee in our lifetime.  His decisions in those two areas would curl your hair.  Too long to go into here.  Google K. anti-labor if you're interested.  Also, he gives carte blanche to any agency, government or private, that seeks to wiretap.  Any and all firearms have more rights and protections than a defenseless babe.  Loves private prisons and white supremacists.  His decisions are often reversed, indicating something seriously wrong.  His buddy Kozinski was kicked off the bench, just as he should be.

He's a flunky of the plutocratic and right-wing religion conspiracy.  His decision for Hobby Lobby, exempting any corporation from including women's health ("birth control") on religious grounds, says a bunch.  It's all too much.  It could be the end of Amerikkka.

Edited by Roy Wieselquist

7 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Corrected and correct.  Today I saw one non headline story on the law professors letter to the Senate on MSN.  It's up to 650 now with several from Harvard, where he now used to teach, and I believe a few from Yale.

Ron,

As of Friday morning, this had grown to more than 2,400 law professors.

Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, Roy Wieselquist said:

This topic is VERY JFKA-related.  The news coverage of the Kavanaugh nomination and the Senate Judiciary Committee is perfect proof that we can no longer make simple distinctions, let alone fine distinctions.  That we can be distracted by any shiny object.

The sexual assault charges are a diversion.  It is the snowball on the tip of the iceberg that sank the Titanic.  The rest of the tip: his underage heavy drinking that pickled his privileged, arrogant little brain; and his gambling problem that caused him to go 200K into credit card debt.

The rest of the iceberg: Kavanaugh is the most anti-labor and anti-consumer judicial nominee in our lifetime.  His decisions in those two areas would curl your hair.  Too long to go into here.  Google K. anti-labor if you're interested.  Also, he gives carte blanche to any agency, government or private, that seeks to wiretap.  Any and all firearms have more rights and protections than a defenseless babe.  Loves private prisons and white supremacists.  His decisions are often reversed, indicating something seriously wrong.  His buddy Kozinski was kicked off the bench, just as he should be.

He's a flunky of the plutocratic and right-wing religion conspiracy.  His decision for Hobby Lobby, exempting any corporation from including women's health ("birth control") on religious grounds, says a bunch.  It's all too much.  It could be the end of Amerikkka.

The average middle income working class American has no clue as to what they and their families will lose for the next three decades if Kavanaugh is confirmed.

Roy W. lays it out in the above post. The info about Kavanaugh he shares is something every American should know, but doesn't for many reasons.

It's this massive disconnect between average Americans and truths they should know that keeps the power and control and loss of rights division ( the 1% versus the rest of us ) growing.

Edited by Joe Bauer

The 2017 snapshot also would appear to imply that Kavanaugh had managed to pay off the substantial credit card debts he reported in his 2016 disclosure or paid the debts down enough that he wasn’t required to report the details. In 2016, he had $60,000 to $200,000 in debt that he reportedly accrued largely by purchasing baseball tickets for himself and his friends to Washington Nationals games.

$60,000 to $200,000 "accrued largely by purchasing baseball tickets for himself and his friends to Washington Nationals games" ???

Did Kavanaugh buy 100 tickets at a time and for most of his teams home games? 

For that kind of money Kavanaugh could have treated half the Senate to 50 games with hot dogs and beer included!

The dollar amount numbers are so incongruous one is forced to consider the possibility that the ticket purchase listing is a cover for some other expense.

One that Kavanaugh just can't honestly reveal.

This by one of Kavanaugh's buddies."

We were college classmates and drinking buddies with Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. In the past week, all three of us decided separately to respond to questions from the media regarding Brett's honesty, or lack thereof. In each of our cases, it was his public statements during a Fox News TV interview and his sworn testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee that prompted us to speak out.

We each asserted that Brett lied to the Senate by stating, under oath, that he never drank to the point of forgetting what he was doing. We said, unequivocally, that each of us, on numerous occasions, had seen Brett stumbling drunk to the point that it would be impossible for him to state with any degree of certainty that he remembered everything that he did when drunk.

Watch more

Since coming forward, we each have received numerous angry messages accusing us of attempting to ruin a man's life because of his drunken antics as a college student. In fact, none of us condemned Brett for his frequent drunkenness. We drank too much in college as well. It is true that Brett acknowledged he sometimes drank "too many beers." But he also stated that he never drank to the point of blacking out.

By coming forward, each of us has disrupted our own lives and those of our families. As well as navigating the intense media interest, including having news vans and reporters set up in front of the home of one of us, we have received large amounts of hate mail, including threats of violence. We have lost friendships. The work servers of one of us were hacked.

He's just won the vote. Seems you will be getting a li ar on the bench of the Supreme Court.

"

Edited by Ray Mitcham

All Hail the Plutocracy.  Citizens United was bad?  The supreme court can now fulfill the wishes of the 1% at will.  Who's going to stop them.  They and the senate kowtow to their masters.  The rest of us, our children and grandchildren are screwed.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/appointment-special-counsel

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/09/why-kavanaugh-wasnt-on-trumps-original-lists-and-why-he-was-added.php

"Don The Con" setting up his "ace in the hole" once Mueller's report is issued.

As for Kavanaugh's debt, no doubt, paid off by the same B.S. shell company structure as "Mushroom Man" used to pay off Stormy and other women.

Our "Pssy grabber in chief" day of reckoning is fast approaching.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:18 PM, Ron Bulman said:

I stumbled across the following two articles in the MSM.  They are not featured repeatedly as big news.  I think this illustrates the continued  coverup of information important to the people of the United States by the MSM since the JFK Assassination.  Important to someone obviously or it wouldn't have been published at all but quickly squelched by owners.  The articles are subsequently buried in insubstantial BS.  There's a pattern here.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/03/opinion/kavanaugh-law-professors-letter.html

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/2018/10/the_latest_church_council_calls_for_kavanaugh_withdrawal

I'm not trying to make a political statement here but trying to illustrate a fact regarding the control of the MSM for well over the last 100 years.  

I guess the senators don't care what the law professors or clergy think.  At least after JFK's death enough cared to pass equal rights and other progressive legislation.  Union's are History.  RFK supporting Cesar Chavez is probably a funny joke on the right.

On 10/4/2018 at 11:49 PM, Ron Bulman said:

You'd think the opinion of such distinguished professionals would carry more weight with such an august body. 

The fallacy in your statement is to call the Senate "an august body." It may have been that at some past point in history. Today try an "aw-disgusting" body (like virtually the entire federal government) and all this crap is more understandable. 

I will be dumbfounded if Kavanaugh is confirmed despite this unprecedented majority held unsureness.

Joe, I've been gone, but I l knew last week it would sound glib, but I was going to tell you  to prepare to be dumbfounded. Getting back to Ron's topic, don't you realize that the other side would say you were so swept up into the "liberal media" storyline that you couldn't even imagine Kavanaugh being confirmed and you were wrong.. It does cut both ways.

Keeping this JFK connected, yes, one could compare the control over the MSM today to 55 years of similar manipulation and control regards the JFK assassination.

Absolutely no connection to the Kennedy assassination whatsoever!. Nobody from high interceded to tell the New York Times to not follow up the story.The control over the media by who? You're blaming the media for this? What would you change in the coverage? Re: radio.Joe you must listen to SF radio, isn't it mostly like MSNBC? LA radio is definitely more conservative and middle American radio is even more conservative, but many more people watch TV and get news on the internet..

MSNBC covers almost every story about the Kavanaugh hearings and in great depth. The main traditional television news organization broadcasts however ( ABC, CBS, and regular NBC) not nearly as much.

MSNBC  covers almost nothing but Trump and recently the Kavanaugh hearings. So the major new networks didn't cover the Kavanaugh confirmation enough for you Joe? It was everywhere!, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, FOX, MSNBC! If you're saying that CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, and MSNBC want Kavanaugh, are against women's rights and against Roe vs. Wade, you're just plain wrong. Or what are you saying?

I think the point you and Ron are making is that it's not covered the way we would like it. But do you really think if they were more of an advocate that it would make any difference? I disagree. And don't be surprised that there are people here, who probably disagree with our general viewpoints.