The Education Forum

Robert Groden Interview

Wim Dankbaar

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.blackopradio.com/

Robert Groden is one of the most realistic, objective and knowledgable researchers I know.

Listen to the interview and hear for yourself. He blows away a lot of myths and his comments on Blakey are extremely interesting.

Wim

Bob Groden is a genuine patriot, and a hero in the reseach field. That he has managed to maintain such a calm, generous and decent demeanor through all these years and with upstarts like myself is further tribute to his character.

Tim

I agree that's it's a decent interview & Robert comes across very well. I just love the way these guys remain calm when talking about all the different aspects of this case.

But let's be honest here, he almost lost it talking about David Lifton. Robert is telling the listener that David is more or less crazy & that no one should pay any attention to him, which after reading the epic "Pig on a Leash" strikes me as rather pathetic.

Has Robert made any attempt other than this to deny the claims by David in that piece?

Has anyone here not read Pig on a Leash?

Just curious.

Alan

http://www.blackopradio.com/

Robert Groden is one of the most realistic, objective and knowledgable researchers I know.

Listen to the interview and hear for yourself. He blows away a lot of myths and his comments on Blakey are extremely interesting.

Wim

Bob Groden is a genuine patriot, and a hero in the reseach field. That he has managed to maintain such a calm, generous and decent demeanor through all these years and with upstarts like myself is further tribute to his character.

Tim

Unfortunate Bob had to get involved in that OJ civil trial mess. What a disaster.

I agree that's it's a decent interview & Robert comes across very well.

I just love the way these guys remain calm when talking about all the different aspects of this case.

But let's be honest here, he almost lost it talking about David Lifton.

Robert is telling the listener that David is more or less crazy & that no one should pay any attention to him, which after reading the epic "Pig on a Leash" strikes me as rather pathetic.

Has Robert made any attempt other than this to deny the claims by David in that piece?

Has anyone here not read Pig on a Leash?

Just curious.

Alan

I did not, but I am very interested in doing so.

http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~jpc/hoax/lifton1.html

Bob Groden is a genuine patriot, and a hero in the reseach field.  That he has managed to maintain such a calm, generous and decent demeanor through all these years and with upstarts like myself is further tribute to his character.

I have tried a couple of time to persuade Robert Groden to join this forum. I will try again today.

Bob Groden is a genuine patriot, and a hero in the reseach field.  That he has managed to maintain such a calm, generous and decent demeanor through all these years and with upstarts like myself is further tribute to his character.

I have tried a couple of time to persuade Robert Groden to join this forum. I will try again today.

John,

I put Groden at the level of Harold Weisberg on a scale of dedicated and respected researchers. To me, it is the highest level one can reach. To bring Robert Groden here would be fantastic to further forum discussion and research.

Al

John,

I put Groden at the level of Harold Weisberg on a scale of dedicated and respected researchers. To me, it is the highest level one can reach. To bring Robert Groden here would be fantastic to further forum discussion and research.

Al

I was honored to have dinner with Bob a few weeks ago, when we discussed Brian Wilson's great tour and John Lennon's death at the Dakota. He has shown, over all these years, incredible grace under pressure, the Kennedy standard of class.

Tim

John,

Al

I was honored to have dinner with Bob a few weeks ago, when we discussed Brian Wilson's great tour and John Lennon's death at the Dakota. He has shown, over all these years, incredible grace under pressure, the Kennedy standard of class.

Tim

"Grace under pressure" was a Hemingway quotation but I have no doubt JFK may have adopted it. There is no question JFK must have been under consideable pressure (not only from his presidential duties but from his personal life). One would have never suspected it from the humour and wit of his press conferences and other public appearances.

• 2 weeks later...

While Robert Groden has undoubtedly been a leader within the research community, he has also been prone to offer theories without much thought. He testified before the HSCA, for instance, that he believed the autopsy photos indicated there was an entrance wound on the LEFT side of Kennedy's head, an allegation he failed to repeat in any of his books.

As recounted in my online seminar, The Autopsy Photos: A New Perspective, Robert Groden acknowledged just last month that the autopsy photos show an entrance wound in the location described by Humes, Finck, and Boswell. He went even further, however, and insisted that he's always said so. A quick review of The Killing of the President, however, reveals that he offers up ten possible shots, NONE of which entered low on the back of Kennedy's skull from behind. In short, his memory of his own theory is erratic.

I met many in Dallas who might say far worse things about Groden. To me, he seemed extremely passionate and sincere. While his appearance on this Forum would be a plus, by no means should anyone here accept Groden's word as definitive. But perhaps I've judged him prematurely.

While Robert Groden has undoubtedly been a leader within the research community, he has also been prone to offer theories without much thought....  While his appearance on this Forum would be a plus, by no means should anyone here accept Groden's word as definitive. 

By no means should anyone here accept anyone's word as definitive. Of course, I invite Pat to name some such person.

Tim Carroll

Edited by Tim Carroll

I was trolling the Celebrity Autopsy sites after googling "Kennedy Autopsy" and saw a rarely published JFK autopsy photo.

He's laying on his back, head supported and the camera is to his left, taking his left profile. His left forehead and hairline look strangely uniform, a bright unbroken field of skin below a suspiciously high hairline.

If the real exit wound was in the lower right of his skull,

the upper left forehead is a good place to look for an entrance wound.

I was trolling the Celebrity Autopsy sites after googling "Kennedy Autopsy" and saw a rarely published JFK autopsy photo.

He's laying on his back, head supported and the camera is to his left, taking his left profile. His left forehead and hairline look strangely uniform, a bright unbroken field of skin below a suspiciously high hairline.

If the real exit wound was in the lower right of his skull,

the upper left forehead is a good place to look for an entrance wound.

If this is the photo, one of the interesting things to note is the narrower column of tiles in the background:

Tim

I will confess my ignorance. Can someone tell me what Pig on a Leash is?

As best I can determine from the link provided by Denis, Pig on a Leash is the title of a chapter written by Lifton for someone's book. If so, what is the book title?

Ron