The Education Forum

Are there any JFK protests similar to Umbrella Man's heckling?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Darren Hastings said:

So you are dismissing or ignoring Dr Malcolm Perry (the first surgeon who worked on Kennedy at Parkland)?

I will just say that Perry speculated without having all of the information which he shouldn't have done. But I don't really debate the medical evidence at this point in time. I have narrowed my research focus to LHO's life and related issues. David Von Pein has done a fantastic job at his site and I will refer you there.

13 hours ago, Rich Pope said:

Again, let me point out in the most kind way...Oswald kept a small, green address book.  On page 17 he had the names of the people he hated:

1.  John Connally

2.  Richard Nixon

3.  General Walker

4.  James Hosty

Even the words, I WILL KILL with a bloody dagger through John Connally's name.

JFK was not on the list.  JFK's wife Marina told of how Oswald admired JFK.  

There is no motive for Oswald.  

It also makes you wonder why, if Oswald really wanted to kill Connally, why he didn't just fill him full of lead as the limo was going north on Houston?

You have to give it to Oswald, he truly was a bipartisan assassin.

Not exactly an open umbrella, but I have seen pictures of this "heckling" out in front of the Trade mart, where the Joiners, et.al. have duct tape over their mouths.

And wouldn't this be ironic...

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/ofstein.htm

Mr. OFSTEIN. For the past 2 years I have been with Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall as a cameraman.
Mr. JENNER As a cameraman?
Mr. OFSTEIN. Yes, sir.
Mr. JENNER. What was your work immediately prior to that, by whom, were you employed?
Mr. OFSTEIN. I was working for Sinclair Refining Co. at a local service station.

When George de Mohrenschildt first visited Haiti in 1956, he was working for the Sinclair Oil Company.

Department of State Incoming Telegram No. 013865, Dec. 19, 1963, House Select Committee on Assassinations (contained in JFK Document No. 009963)

de Mohrenschildt would help Oswald get a job at Jaggers-Chiles-Stovall in 1962.

Wouldn't this be ironic if this is where Ofstein worked?

(There was a Sinclair Service Station at 1820 N. Beckley in Dallas).

At 12:45 PM on November 22, 1963 Gene Andre Guinn, age 31 of 636 Lacewood was arrested along with the Joiners for picketing at the Dallas Trade Mart. Guinn was a member of the White Indignant Citizens Council. . Guinn was also suspected of printing the “Wanted For Treason” leaflets.

DPD Archives Box 7, Folder# 7, Item# 18

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box7.htm

According to the Mary Ferrell Chronologies, “Guinn runs for political offices and seems to be a right winger” (He ran for City Council in 1965.) His address would be in Police District 84, which Officer Tippitt had been assigned in the past. This street is near O'Bannon street where Mrs. Stella Jacob lives. She formerly lived at 508 S. Marsalis and she works at the TSBD.”

In a handwritten note to the Guinn citation, Ferrell adds, “He owned Sinclair Station, 1820 N. Beckley; member of hate group; did Rockwell's printing?”.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=40392&relPageId=183&search=Gene_Guinn

Jack Revill wrote a memo to Captain Gannaway about the subversive groups under surveillance prior to Kennedy's visit.

Dallas Municipal Archives and Records Center : Box 13, Folder 4, Item 52

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/27/2705-002.gif and

jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/.../Poster%205.doc

The only demonstrators observed at the DALLAS TRADE MART were members of the INDIGNANT WHITE CITIZENS COUNCIL. Six of those individuals were taken into custody shortly after knowledge of the assassination became known. This step was taken to prevent theses persons from being assaulted by spectators at the scene. The arrested persons of this group are as follows:

BOBBY JOINER

RAYMOND LEE JOINER

GARY DWAYNE JOINER

ROY EUGENE JOINER

GENE AURORA GUINN

WILLIAM L E CUMMINGS”

(I have seen his name spelled Gene Andre Guinn, Gene Audra Guinn, and Gene Aurora Guinn).

Steve Thomas

Son of umbrella man?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=andy+cohen+umbrella&view=detail&mid=6ABC4BD9BEE924E2CEC96ABC4BD9BEE924E2CEC9&FORM=VIRE

BTW, I just read a week or two ago Anderson Cooper interned a couple of summers in college with the CIA.  Does that make him an official mockingbird?

On 1/1/2019 at 10:44 AM, Steve Thomas said:

Not exactly an open umbrella, but I have seen pictures of this "heckling" out in front of the Trade mart, where the Joiners, et.al. have duct tape over their mouths.

And wouldn't this be ironic...

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/ofstein.htm

Mr. OFSTEIN. For the past 2 years I have been with Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall as a cameraman.
Mr. JENNER As a cameraman?
Mr. OFSTEIN. Yes, sir.
Mr. JENNER. What was your work immediately prior to that, by whom, were you employed?
Mr. OFSTEIN. I was working for Sinclair Refining Co. at a local service station.

When George de Mohrenschildt first visited Haiti in 1956, he was working for the Sinclair Oil Company.

Department of State Incoming Telegram No. 013865, Dec. 19, 1963, House Select Committee on Assassinations (contained in JFK Document No. 009963)

de Mohrenschildt would help Oswald get a job at Jaggers-Chiles-Stovall in 1962.

Wouldn't this be ironic if this is where Ofstein worked?

(There was a Sinclair Service Station at 1820 N. Beckley in Dallas).

At 12:45 PM on November 22, 1963 Gene Andre Guinn, age 31 of 636 Lacewood was arrested along with the Joiners for picketing at the Dallas Trade Mart. Guinn was a member of the White Indignant Citizens Council. . Guinn was also suspected of printing the “Wanted For Treason” leaflets.

DPD Archives Box 7, Folder# 7, Item# 18

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box7.htm

According to the Mary Ferrell Chronologies, “Guinn runs for political offices and seems to be a right winger” (He ran for City Council in 1965.) His address would be in Police District 84, which Officer Tippitt had been assigned in the past. This street is near O'Bannon street where Mrs. Stella Jacob lives. She formerly lived at 508 S. Marsalis and she works at the TSBD.”

In a handwritten note to the Guinn citation, Ferrell adds, “He owned Sinclair Station, 1820 N. Beckley; member of hate group; did Rockwell's printing?”.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=40392&relPageId=183&search=Gene_Guinn

Jack Revill wrote a memo to Captain Gannaway about the subversive groups under surveillance prior to Kennedy's visit.

Dallas Municipal Archives and Records Center : Box 13, Folder 4, Item 52

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/27/2705-002.gif and

jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/.../Poster%205.doc

The only demonstrators observed at the DALLAS TRADE MART were members of the INDIGNANT WHITE CITIZENS COUNCIL. Six of those individuals were taken into custody shortly after knowledge of the assassination became known. This step was taken to prevent theses persons from being assaulted by spectators at the scene. The arrested persons of this group are as follows:

BOBBY JOINER

RAYMOND LEE JOINER

GARY DWAYNE JOINER

ROY EUGENE JOINER

GENE AURORA GUINN

WILLIAM L E CUMMINGS”

(I have seen his name spelled Gene Andre Guinn, Gene Audra Guinn, and Gene Aurora Guinn).

Steve Thomas

Not a very deep gene pool among that group.

On 1/1/2019 at 12:44 PM, Steve Thomas said:

That's the thing about protests: they're not very effective if people don't know you're protesting. Duct tape over the mouth or a sign or something like that, is recognizable as a protest. There's no question about it. But, holding up an open umbrella on a sunny day could also be interpreted simply as someone with sensitive skin protecting themselves from a potential sunburn.

And it seems that most of the images of Neville Chamberlain with his umbrella show it closed. Brandishing a closed umbrella would have slightly more impact as a protest if that protest were truly meant to visually evoke Neville Chamberlain. In fact, wouldn't it be more effective to wave a piece of paper in the air if a protester really wanted to protest evoking Chamberlain's appeasement policy?

Umbrellas were not a common method of protesting JFK, yet some random office worker in Dallas believed that the Kennedy's were easily annoyed at the sight of an umbrella, and that was enough for the self-described apolitical Witt to make the only political protest in his lifetime. Then Witt lies and says the umbrella was blocking his view when anyone can see for themselves that's just not true.

In my opinion, it takes a lot of gullibility to believe Witt was telling the truth. I'm not convinced he was Umbrella Man in the first place. I am convinced that Umbrella Man was a conspirator.

1 hour ago, Denny Zartman said:

That's the thing about protests: they're not very effective if people don't know you're protesting. Duct tape over the mouth or a sign or something like that, is recognizable as a protest. There's no question about it. But, holding up an open umbrella on a sunny day could also be interpreted simply as someone with sensitive skin protecting themselves from a potential sunburn.

And it seems that most of the images of Neville Chamberlain with his umbrella show it closed. Brandishing a closed umbrella would have slightly more impact as a protest if that protest were truly meant to visually evoke Neville Chamberlain. In fact, wouldn't it be more effective to wave a piece of paper in the air if a protester really wanted to protest evoking Chamberlain's appeasement policy?

Umbrellas were not a common method of protesting JFK, yet some random office worker in Dallas believed that the Kennedy's were easily annoyed at the sight of an umbrella, and that was enough for the self-described apolitical Witt to make the only political protest in his lifetime. Then Witt lies and says the umbrella was blocking his view when anyone can see for themselves that's just not true.

In my opinion, it takes a lot of gullibility to believe Witt was telling the truth. I'm not convinced he was Umbrella Man in the first place. I am convinced that Umbrella Man was a conspirator.

Excellent analysis Imho Denny.    

10 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

A top hat would have been helpful as well.

• 9 months later...