The Education Forum

Michele Metta's CMC. THE ITALIAN UNDERCOVER CIA AND MOSSAD STATION AND THE ASSASSINATION OF JFK

Michele Metta's JFK book was recently published and is available on Amazon now.

https://www.amazon.com/ITALIAN-UNDER...=Michele+metta

It runs for 164 pages and includes the (Italian language) CMC documentation in the back of the volume. The Amazon preview arbitrarily doesn't show the contents page, but offers a preview of the opening chapter. The translation looks pretty good and - happily - the book is heavily footnoted, which is a big plus in any volume discussing political events from that region and that era. UK author Richard Cottrell wrote a fat book on Gladio several years back. It was barely footnoted at all and jumbled together lots of undocumented assertions. UK journalist Robin Ramsay was less than impressed.

Metta's book is now on my get list, I'll be curious to see further reviews of it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/17/2018 at 1:29 AM, Anthony Thorne said:

Robin Ramsay

Really? The one smearing Paese Sera, a great Italian newspaper, as Soviet propaganda? Paese Sera was one of the best newspapers in the world, and I am not just referring to the astonishingly well done inquest on Clay Shaw and JFK, which Metta's book demonstrates was absolutely true and perfect. I am also referring, just to give another example, to its articles on the coup in Greece; articles that should be cited in whatever school worldwide as among the best pieces of good and brave journalism ever. But I am sure Ramsay will say that there was no coup at all in Greece; that is was just Soviet propaganda ...

Edited by Paz Marverde

I’m reading it now. One thing it reinforces for sure is that good old George DeMohrenschildt was up to something other than sisal plantations or overthrowing Duvalier when he went to Haiti and then NYC and DC. His meetings are suspicious on their own, intersecting with Dorothe Matlack of ACSI and the DUBRINY CIA agents Thomas Devine and whoever the other one was (George Bush?). 

The first time I heard about the mysterious George DeM I recall the shock, the aha moment. Then when I delved into it I came to the conclusion that it was just one of those weird unknowable associations. But lately, after reading Our Man in Haiti, the Skorzeny Papers, and now Metta’s book, I’ve changed my mind. The question I have now is who was George working for? Alan Dulles? The Skorzeny Network? The Solidarists? I’m beginning to see that it’s all of the above, because they are all connected. 

As dense as this new book is, as difficult it is to read in English and make sense of all the Italian names over decades, I think it’s incredible research, and very important. Mort Sahl said to me that Garrison was a great American, a hero, who solved the case. I am convinced he is right. Garrison would have put things right if he’d been given the chance. 

42 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I think it’s incredible research, and very important. Mort Sahl said to me that Garrison was a great American, a hero, who solved the case. I am convinced he is right. Garrison would have put things right if he’d been given the chance. 

Thank you very much, Paul. Really appreciated. Really 

If Ramsey made those dumb comments about Paese Sera, he’s way off target. I know Paese Sera is respected. Didn’t Dario Argento write film reviews for it before his directorial career?

i mentioned the documentation was Italian-language as a heads up for any reader unaware who might have suspected otherwise. Ramsey has frequently attacked books for not including sufficient footnotes or documentation. In my Tweet to him I stressed this volume does not have that problem.

I’m looking forward to reading the book.

Edited by Anthony Thorne

Robin is a decent guy, but he used to partner with someone named Steve Dorrill.

Dorrill was one of the earliest writers to try and say that Permindex was a disinformation story that Jim Garrison fell for.

If I recall, that story ran in their magazine, Lobster.  And he blamed it on Pease Sera.

In other words, this was a preview of what Helms would say, and then what Max Holland would reshuffle through all that ex KGB agent BS.

It has all been proven to be utter baloney.  And we have it sourced in so many ways now that its ridiculous:  State Dept docs, Bloomfield archives, and this book.

Permindex/CMC was just what Garrison thought it was many years ago.  And that is why Clay Shaw was on the board and that is why he later tried to hide his association with that body.

Edited by James DiEugenio

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

And we have it sourced in so many ways now that its ridiculous:  State Dept docs, Bloomfield archives, and this book.

Permindex/CMC was just what Garrison thought it was many years ago.  And that is why Clay Shaw was on the board and that is why he later tried to hide his association with that body.

Thank you very much, Jim, for your appreciation of Michele's book, for what you say about Garrison. Yes, absolutely: "Permindex/CMC was just what Garrison thought it was many years ago". They should put a monument of him in Washington D.C.. He is a national hero, and Michele and I will be always upset with whoever tries to smear him. Always.

8 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Ramsey has frequently attacked books for not including sufficient footnotes or documentation.

No: Ramsay frequently smears people who, as I said before, should be considered national heroes! 

From Ramsay "Who shot JFK?"

Shaw was a director of the World Trade Centre in New Orleans and was brought into a similar project in Italy involving a company called Permindex (Permanent Industrial Exhibitions), which proposed to create a network of World Trade Centres: propagandising for American business. Around these bare facts was created a story in which all these companies were CIA fronts for covert operations and assassinations. Permindex had been involved in trying to assassinate General de Gaulle and then had killed JFK. This story was planted on a Soviet-sympathising Italian newspaper; was then picked up by a left-wing magazine in New York and a magazine in Canada; and thence made its way to the Garrison investigation. And Garrison believed it without checking it.

Shame on Ramsay for these words. Shame on him. Shame on him

Edited by Paz Marverde

I’ve never found the JFK assassination to be Ramsey’s strong point. I think I have an earlier edition of that book, which uses the Madeline Brown heresay story as ‘proof’ that LBJ was the kingpin behind JFK’s death.

I saw the Dorrill reference archived on Ramsey’s site, but was unfamiliar with RR’s later repetition of the commentary in WHO SHOT JFK? I hope Metta’s new volume gets the attention it deserves.