The Education Forum

The Skorzeny Papers reviewed by Michael LeFlem

One of our most valued contributors, Michael LeFlem, takes  look at Major Ganis' The Skorzeny Papers.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/major-ralph-p-ganis-the-skorzeny-papers-evidence-for-the-plot-to-kill-jfk

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

One of our most valued contributors, Michael LeFlem, takes  look at Major Ganis' The Skorzeny Papers.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/major-ralph-p-ganis-the-skorzeny-papers-evidence-for-the-plot-to-kill-jfk

Jim,

Thanks. I personally agree with LeFlem in his conclusions about Souetre.

Ganis wrote, " “The actual sniper, or team of snipers, was directed by Jean René Souètre..."

I just have never found any evidence of that.

LeFlem writes, " To suggest, as Ganis does, that he (Jean René Souètre) was the lynchpin of the ground operations in and around Dealey Plaza, while ignoring the more probable Cuban exile culprits, seems strained."

I agree.

Steve Thomas

Thanks Steve.

I also like the way he made the point about QJ WIN also.

One of the more disappointing aspects of the recent crop of literature on the JFK assassination itself, is the fact that it makes little or no use of the ARRB documents. I have said that before but since it continues, I have to say it again.

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

One of the more disappointing aspects of the recent crop of literature on the JFK assassination itself, is the fact that it makes little or no use of the ARRB documents. I have said that before but since it continues, I have to say it again.

Jim,

I just wish they were keyword searchable.

It just seems like in this day and age, that's inexcusable.

Steve Thomas

It would save us all a lot of money would it not?

Plus time.

While I agree with most of the critique, I wouldn’t throw the baby out with the bathwater. I certainly think his brief explanation for why JFK was killed is absurd, as well as his too glib assumption that Souetre was the hitman. I would not rule out the QJWIN conjecture.The author doesn’t give any credence to the Arnold Silver connection. 

I know the auction was real. Too soon to say what’s in the letters, but all of us wish he had provided them with the publication of the book.

Did either of you read the Skorzeny Papers? Are you going to the Lancer conference where I understand Ganis is speaking? I would if I could. 

Paul:

Why would you use a 6 foot four, infamous ex Nazi as QJ Win?

Its one thing for Skorzeny to have been in the Congo, as so many mercenaries were.  Its quite another to have him sneaking around the UN guarded house where Lumumba was being protected by a detachment of soldiers.

And if that were the case, how could it have remained  a secret for fifty years?

The fact that it did remain a secret, does that not argue that QJ Win was someone who we did not hear of before? 

13 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Did either of you read the Skorzeny Papers?

Paul,

I think Michael LeFlem demonstrates once again the importance of doing primary research. It's just not good enough for someone to say, "It's true because someone said somebody said".

If the rest on Ganis' book is similar to what he wrote about Souetre, I don't think I'll be wasting my time.

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Paul,

I think Michael LeFlem demonstrates once again the importance of doing primary research. It's just not good enough for someone to say, "It's true because someone said somebody said".

If the rest on Ganis' book is similar to what he wrote about Souetre, I don't think I'll be wasting my time.

Steve Thomas

Let’s see what documents Ganis brings to Lancer.

His suppositions on Souetre are not based on the Skorzeny correspondence, and they do no more than repeat what we already have heard.

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Paul:

Why would you use a 6 foot four, infamous ex Nazi as QJ Win?

Its one thing for Skorzeny to have been in the Congo, as so many mercenaries were.  Its quite another to have him sneaking around the UN guarded house where Lumumba was being protected by a detachment of soldiers.

And if that were the case, how could it have remained  a secret for fifty years?

The fact that it did remain a secret, does that not argue that QJ Win was someone who we did not hear of before? 

I think mr. Hancock has suggested that QJWIN may not be an individual. The question is did the CIA, Harvey in particular, use Skorzeny as a contact? I’m still waiting for any docs on Mankel that don’t originate from CIA files. 

I know you don’t dismiss the OAS connection. Garrison didn’t. What we know more about now than in 1967 is that the right wing nexus spanned oceans, had many organizational names, was peopled by Nazis, fascists, and high level Americans. Skorzeny was in the thick of it. Madrid was a major headquarter, as was Rome. 

Paul, the only contact that we I can document (as far as such things can be) between Harvey and QJ/WIN is the trip that Harvey took to Florida in the spring of 1963. Harvey charged the trip expenses to that crypt under the the QJ/WIN funds Helms had approved for it that year.  As Twyman first demonstrated, based on AMKW's research, in his book and as several of us has chased down further, the individual Harvey was meeting with was John Roselli. 

I plan to ask Dr. Newman personally about the other QJ/WIN documents that he has found once we are all together in Dallas.

Just as Russell did a blurb of praise for the Ganis book, he's also lent his support to an upcoming JFK book from Trine Day - Christopher Fulton's THE INHERITANCE - which purports to reveal earth-shaking revelations pertaining to the JFK assassination from papers given to Evelyn Lincoln, then passed down to some guy in Canada.

http://trineday.com/paypal_store/product_pages/9781634242172-The_INHERITANCE/index.html

I'm personally not expecting any of these volumes advertising previously unseen, privately-held documents to be of much use to researchers of the case.

John Newman does have docs on QJ WIN and he does drop a name in his second volume and its not Skorzeny.

1 minute ago, James DiEugenio said:

John Newman does have docs on QJ WIN and he does drop a name in his second volume and its not Skorzeny.

Is it Mankel?