The Education Forum
W. Tracy Parnell

Book Excerpt-Fred Litwin

After reading Chapter two, I'm glad I didn't buy the whole book.

Edited by Ray Mitcham

9 hours ago, Mathias Baumann said:

Free? Because nobody would buy it?

It is not unusual for an author to release one chapter free to promote a book.

I don't understand the point of devoting a full chapter to someone (Garrison in this case) who wasn't even involved in the JFK assassination or investigation. How could that possibly enlighten the readers to anything relevant to the incident?

Garrison got too close to the truth, Sandy. The powers that be have to continue to try to destroy his legacy.

2 hours ago, Ray Mitcham said:

Garrison got too close to the truth, Sandy. The powers that be have to continue to try to destroy his legacy.

Do you really believe that Fred Litwin is one of the "powers that be?" Speaking for myself, I am just a guy in my pajamas posting on forums for my own entertainment and to hopefully sway folks away from silly theories.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:21 AM, W. Tracy Parnell said:

It is not unusual for an author to release one chapter free to promote a book.

Well, that would explain why he chose a chapter that had the letters "SEX" in it.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Do you really believe that Fred Litwin is one of the "powers that be?" Speaking for myself, I am just a guy in my pajamas posting on forums for my own entertainment and to hopefully sway folks away from silly theories.

Some of Garrison's "silly theories" were even endorsed by the House Select Committe, such as Oswald's connection to Guy Bannister and David Ferrie.

If this is an example of Litwin's book, then what a waste of trees.  And it explains why no one is buying it. And why Parnell likes it.

That excerpt is nothing but a collection of discredited anti Garrison cliches that are older than the hills.

There is not one sentence based on any of the remarkably important documents that the ARRB has already released on the subject.

Garrison raided gay bars?  What  a howler.  Garrison raided the B girl drinking saloons, and he did it quite effectively.  Because they sold watered down liquor in a cheap hustle for sex and booze.  He deliberately did not use the police, since they protected the scam.  No one had ever done anything that effective against this kind of vice charge. All prior attempts had been half hearted or had failed when they raised too much controversy.  No one thought Garrison would keep it up in the face of that. But he did. In one night Garrison arrested 33 people.  In two days he shut down nine clubs.  It went on for months.  Garrison hired completely new people who would not be recognized by the patrons of the clubs.

Litwin completely misses the point of how this impacted Garrison's search for Bertrand.  Garrison did so much economic damage to the Quarter that people who knew that Bertrand was Clay Shaw would not tell him so.  Therefore, when Lou Ivon now told him that this was probably why they were not getting any cooperation, Garrison decided not to be on the searches anymore.  So now they did get some people to talk to them about who Bertrand was. 

Today, there are now fourteen witnesses on the record who certify that Shaw was Bertrand. You can find them in Bill Davy's book, or in the second edition of Destiny Betrayed. (pp. 210-11) Litwin's book, if this is an example, is another cover up book.