The Education Forum

Beto's Bobby Vibe

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Beto is going to skip the first 4 states -- Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and So. Carolina -- then bank on winning Texas on Super Tuesday to propel his campaign.

All I know is that I had to get rid of my crystal ball.  Sold it for scrap, alas...

You want gun control because we're the worst nation in the world on dealing with it?  That's the issue at the moment.  Though it will quickly be diverted.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/orourke-visits-arkansas-gun-show-after-releasing-gun-control-platform/ar-AAFWTqz?ocid=spartanntp

2 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

Beto's idea of a vibe is pathetic and hardly an heir to the Kennedy I liked most.

<sigh> Yeah...yeah, I know...

Can you imagine Bobby Kennedy taking the beat-down Beto took from Julian Castro during the First Dem Debate?

No, I can't imagine Bobby getting rolled like that, no...

Beto's not Bobby.  Trouble is among 20 plus candidates nobody else is either.  Who can beat the anti JFK, trump?  Biden stumbles over his words these day's in addition to his cfr ties.  Warren or Sanders might be a better choice on policies but are either electable?  A younger generation may decide this election if they do in fact turn out but a candidate who appeals to them, their parents and grandparents is necessary to win.  Apathy could be a problem.  Among the top five, or ten, who is inspiring, Harris?  Whoever the democrats throw out there May overwhelm trump.  Would the country support a woman from Hawaii of a "different" religion, or one with roots in the middle east?  Unfortunately,  I don't think so.  Maybe Booker will rise as "electable."  I don't know.

He's inexperienced in foreign affairs, but probably can't do worse than trump.  He has made some logical statements regarding plans for internal U S affairs. Gun control is a big issue right now.  One that could influence the election significantly.  He's on the Right side of that now imo (pun intended).

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/its-now-biden-warren-sanders-—-and-everyone-else/ar-AAGHQy2?li=BBnb7Kz

Of the top 3.  Biden is perceived as old, bumbling and the past.  Bernie as old, too far left and un photogenic.  Warren is a teacher from Oklahoma, as well as a Harvard Professor and Senator from Massachusetts.  Grandmotherly but old enough to understand World and US affairs, but not too old.  Can she argue persuasively with Orange hair?

Between a black president in Obama, and Hillary winning the popular vote the US  would support a Woman president.

Beto's name recognition from his almost beating Cruz, Congressional experience, and recent exposure regarding the hot topic of gun violence as well as his "Bobby Vibe" and his youthful appeal to younger voters could make for a winning ticket with him as VP.  Not ideal for many, but winnable.  JMO.  

16 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

Beto is a POS. He is that nowadays Democrat that you're not sure if he is pro-America. 

But, but, but, he's got that Bobby vibe.  The name, Robert Francis and the Irishness of O'Rourke.  He was raised on the border and get's along with Latino's.  I guess Irishmen, and women, along with Hispanic's are un American.