The Education Forum

THE INHERITANCE: fantastic book on the JFK assassination

On 11/12/2018 at 12:28 AM, Joe Bauer said:

Paradise California was leveled in less than 24 hours after the fire first started.

I was saddened to read this as I have been equally stunned by images from California. I lived for a decade in the Hollywood Hills, so I am familiar with the constancy of the fire issue there and the excellence of those who fight them. I join others in wishing you and family members well. Hope you have backgammon games.

In 1996, I worked on the telefilm Ruby Ridge, drawn from transcripts and documents and the reporting of a local journalist. Northern California around Chico served as the Idaho forests needed for the shoot. During our time there, I visited Paradise and didn't feel that they had exaggerated the appeal of the place by naming it such. It was wonderful to see the almond trees growing up there and seeing the area I "almost" attended - UC, Davis - where I was heading for graduate school, before shifting to the professional stage. I enjoyed visiting the campus at  Cal State ,Chico and also recall telling friends back East - who stop and pay tolls on a continual basis, that when I drove back home from filming, I drove 495 miles without stopping once. That day I understood the meaning of a "freeway."

If the feelings I sense from 7000 miles away are real, the country is looking and praying and offering condolences. This Thanksgiving your kin have special reason to  be grateful; they are living to recall the horror around them.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not fiction but is a memoir and presented as a story so that the whole of it could be understood.

I'm assuming Christopher Fulton doesn't personally remember the two excerpts I quoted. And making up stuff - like Clinton personally urging the ARRB to bury evidence, spurred by a quoted CIA daily brief that never existed - won't lead to much understanding. 

That fictional CIA daily brief described on page 11 of the book concludes with the name of a - again presumably fictional - CIA project name encompassing the agency's efforts to bury the evidence apparently detailed in THE INHERITANCE. I was going to quote that fictional project name, to ponder whether unwary researchers in future would be wasting limited FOIA time and resources to find out more about it - but you've now excluded that page from the Amazon preview. Fair enough.

2 hours ago, Robert Harper said:

I was saddened to read this as I have been equally stunned by images from California. I lived for a decade in the Hollywood Hills, so I am familiar with the constancy of the fire issue there and the excellence of those who fight them. I join others in wishing you and family members well. Hope you have backgammon games.

In 1996, I worked on the telefilm Ruby Ridge, drawn from transcripts and documents and the reporting of a local journalist. Northern California around Chico served as the Idaho forests needed for the shoot. During our time there, I visited Paradise and didn't feel that they had exaggerated the appeal of the place by naming it such. It was wonderful to see the almond trees growing up there and seeing the area I "almost" attended - UC, Davis - where I was heading for graduate school, before shifting to the professional stage. I enjoyed visiting the campus at  Cal State ,Chico and also recall telling friends back East - who stop and pay tolls on a continual basis, that when I drove back home from filming, I drove 495 miles without stopping once. That day I understood the meaning of a "freeway."

If the feelings I sense from 7000 miles away are real, the country is looking and praying and offering condolences. This Thanksgiving your kin have special reason to  be grateful; they are living to recall the horror around them.

Not to detract from topic or the relevance of the fire(s), a subject I know personally about, but.  My bladder's never been worth more than 300-350 miles without a stop.  Less these days.  Maybe in my 20's with them little white trucker pills.  I admire your stamina. 

10 hours ago, François Carlier said:

It's easy to have an opinion.
Vince Palamara said it's a fantastic book, well-written, with new information ?
Hence, I automatically know that it's a bad book, poorly-written and full of old, tired conspiracy foolishness !

Cheerios yes I say Cheerios...ergo it is henceforth self evident that a logical axiom can be stated thusly, anyone who disagrees with my learned opinion is foolish. Yes Cheerios on that analysis. 

15 hours ago, Kris Millegan said:

All I see is blather discussion.

No, you don't.  You see a direct challenge to your author to provide sufficient information for someone with investigative skills to independently verify who actually is - because so far nothing, including his grandiose claims about himself ("Many of that city’s [Vancouver's] finest skyscrapers are monuments to his work," "He spent years in federal prison for his possession of material evidence in JFK’s assassination"), has checked out.  You see a direct challenge to you as the publisher to establish the due diligence you undertook, as any reputable publisher would, to verify at least the minimal the bona fides of your author and his claims.

We're talking pretty basic stuff here:  Your author insists he was a high-rise construction magnate in Vancouver, Canada, by the age of 33.  Prove it, with materials we can independently verify.  He claims he was sent to federal prison for possessing material evidence in the JFK assassination.  Prove it, with materials we can independently verify.  He claims to have received insider information via encounters with the Russian Government, President Reagan, Donald Trump, the Clinton White House, the U.S. Justice Department, the Secret Service, and the Kennedy family.  Prove those encounters at least took place, with materials we can independently verify.

I've played this game before.  I played it with Bob "Area 51" Lazar when he first surfaced 30 years ago.  I've seen it played by others with better investigative skills than mine who have eventually exposed charlatan after charlatan.  I know how it ends.  I also know the game authors like Fulton and publishers like you are playing:  In all areas of weirdness, including the JFK assassination, there is a segment of gee-whiz true believers who will lap up anything regardless of how patently absurd it is.  Authors like Fulton and JVB achieve their 15 minutes of mini-celebrity feeding the fantasies of this lunatic fringe.  The publishers of books such as this one collect their shekels, shrug when the claims collapse, and move on to the next great expose of "suppressed history" - knowing that their target audience will lap that up, too.

15 hours ago, Robert Harper said:

Generally good advice about anything. I too own a number of books published by Trine and am grateful for any publisher that makes an effort to reach people with informed opinions.

That is just what the publishers of books like this are hoping people will say:  "It sounds pretty goofy, but I'll buy the book, look at the documents and judge for myself."  Bingo, the publisher's sole objective - and to some extent the author's - has been achieved.  The problem is, you can't judge for yourself.  We have reached a stage of technological sophistication where photos and documents, especially non-original photos and documents, tell us absolutely nothing.  The MJ-12 documents of UFO fame surfaced 30 years ago, and they are damn good fakes that are still debated.  Some of them were purportedly found in the National Archives.  As I said previously, the "alien slides" were on 1947 Kodak film and stock.  Hoaxes today are at a level of sophistication that defies easy detection.

The UFO community and the paranormal community in general have been burnt so many times by convincing-sounding hoaxers that it sometimes seems impossible.  People do this sort of stuff for motives that are all over the map.  But they do indeed do it, often they are very good at it, and often they are so good that true believers continue to believe even after the hoax has been exposed.  "This guy has impeccable professional credentials, he gained nothing by coming forward, and there is no earthly reason he would make up something like this."  Yes, there is.  We may never know what the reason was, but there was one.  Hence my personal guiding principle:  "Just because someone is seemingly sane, reasonable and high-functioning in all other areas of his life, do not assume that he is not completely insane in some dark little corner of it."

This is why I say:  Forget the book, forget the claims, UNTIL YOU ARE DAMN SURE WHO THE AUTHOR REALLY IS.  If he won't provide full and complete details that can be independently verified, run as fast as you can in the other direction.  Could I be wrong in this instance?  Sure, it's possible.  But so far THE INHERITANCE has just every possible red flag associated with it.  I'd give pretty good odds that it's a hoax (with some kernels of truth associated with it, as is required for any good hoax).  If it is, you won't discover this by buying it and looking at the documents.  You will discover it by holding the author's and publisher's feet to the fire.

Publisher’s Foreword

No matter what the progress
Or what may yet be proved
The simple facts of life are such
They cannot be removed.

– Herman Hupfield,
As Time Goes By

Most welcome, bondage! for thou art away,
think, to liberty: yet am I better
Than one that’s sick o’ the gout; since he had rather
Groan so in perpetuity than be cured…

– William Shakespeare
Cymbeline, King of Britain

A Republic, if you can keep it.

– Ben Franklin

Personal testimony is something that TrineDay values highly.

I first heard about Chistopher Fulton from Robert Groden. Later I spoke with Christopher myself. We talked about the book business and the JFK assassination. I wisecracked that unless he was writing a book that said “Lee did it,” there wouldn’t be much press coverage. We didn’t talk much about his particular story. I asked if he had a manuscript. He said he was working on one. I told him that the Internet had roiled the publishing industry as much as anything, and there were now new ways to get a book to market that make self-publishing a viable option, mentioned other publishers that might be interested, and said to contact me once he had a manuscript.

Years later that happened, we talked some more, I asked him to send me his story. I received, sat down and read. Opened up Google, read, check, read, check. Wow! I was amazed that such an unknown narrative existed and appalled at the tortuous methods used by my government. Fulton’s story expanded and confirmed my understanding of the dynamics of the assassination, so I said, “Yes, let’s do it, it needs to be done, for our country and . . . for our children and theirs.”

The Inheritance: Poisoned Fruit of JFK’s Assassination is a must-read for anyone concerned about the future . . . and the past, for that is where our fortunes lie. Only with a true understanding of our history can we move forward in a proper way.

Yes, some names have been changed, some dialogue recreated, and there is some conflation of characters and minor events, but the story is very real. The question being: What will become of it? What will we do?

There will be those who disparage, those who will throw cold water on Fulton’s tale, but then we have to deal, everyday with those who say, “Lee did it,” and those who wonder why anyone even cares about a murder that happened over 50 years ago.

Few of us who were alive when “it” happened, can honestly not forget what happened that day . . . and what has changed. For some, it gnaws at our souls, lurks in our minds and can keep us up at night.

There is so much controversy and divisiveness within our polity today. I welcome opportunities for a new grasp of reality, giving us a much-needed foundation upon which to act.

I heartily applaud the outstanding courage, fortitude, and downright grit that the Fultons have shown and their hard-won contribution to our ongoing quest for truth, liberty, and justice.

Being almost threescore and ten, which I grant is no great feat, has taught me, generally through hindsight, a few things: Listen to what folks have to say. Do not sell yourself short. And remember, there are many among us who wish a better world, a brighter future . . . a more perfect union.

TrineDay is humbled to have the pleasure to present Christopher Fulton’s saga, The Inheritance: Poisoned Fruit of JFK’s Assassination. Our hope is that it will help us understand our history, behold our destiny, heal our nation, and revive our republic!

Onwards to the Utmost of Futures!

Peace,

RA Kris Millegan

Publisher

TrineDay

44 minutes ago, Kris Millegan said:

Publisher’s Foreword

No matter what the progress
Or what may yet be proved
The simple facts of life are such
They cannot be removed.

– Herman Hupfield,
As Time Goes By

Most welcome, bondage! for thou art away,
think, to liberty: yet am I better
Than one that’s sick o’ the gout; since he had rather
Groan so in perpetuity than be cured…

– William Shakespeare
Cymbeline, King of Britain

A Republic, if you can keep it.

– Ben Franklin

Personal testimony is something that TrineDay values highly.

I first heard about Chistopher Fulton from Robert Groden. Later I spoke with Christopher myself. We talked about the book business and the JFK assassination. I wisecracked that unless he was writing a book that said “Lee did it,” there wouldn’t be much press coverage. We didn’t talk much about his particular story. I asked if he had a manuscript. He said he was working on one. I told him that the Internet had roiled the publishing industry as much as anything, and there were now new ways to get a book to market that make self-publishing a viable option, mentioned other publishers that might be interested, and said to contact me once he had a manuscript.

Years later that happened, we talked some more, I asked him to send me his story. I received, sat down and read. Opened up Google, read, check, read, check. Wow! I was amazed that such an unknown narrative existed and appalled at the tortuous methods used by my government. Fulton’s story expanded and confirmed my understanding of the dynamics of the assassination, so I said, “Yes, let’s do it, it needs to be done, for our country and . . . for our children and theirs.”

The Inheritance: Poisoned Fruit of JFK’s Assassination is a must-read for anyone concerned about the future . . . and the past, for that is where our fortunes lie. Only with a true understanding of our history can we move forward in a proper way.

Yes, some names have been changed, some dialogue recreated, and there is some conflation of characters and minor events, but the story is very real. The question being: What will become of it? What will we do?

There will be those who disparage, those who will throw cold water on Fulton’s tale, but then we have to deal, everyday with those who say, “Lee did it,” and those who wonder why anyone even cares about a murder that happened over 50 years ago.

Few of us who were alive when “it” happened, can honestly not forget what happened that day . . . and what has changed. For some, it gnaws at our souls, lurks in our minds and can keep us up at night.

There is so much controversy and divisiveness within our polity today. I welcome opportunities for a new grasp of reality, giving us a much-needed foundation upon which to act.

I heartily applaud the outstanding courage, fortitude, and downright grit that the Fultons have shown and their hard-won contribution to our ongoing quest for truth, liberty, and justice.

Being almost threescore and ten, which I grant is no great feat, has taught me, generally through hindsight, a few things: Listen to what folks have to say. Do not sell yourself short. And remember, there are many among us who wish a better world, a brighter future . . . a more perfect union.

TrineDay is humbled to have the pleasure to present Christopher Fulton’s saga, The Inheritance: Poisoned Fruit of JFK’s Assassination. Our hope is that it will help us understand our history, behold our destiny, heal our nation, and revive our republic!

Onwards to the Utmost of Futures!

Peace,

RA Kris Millegan

Publisher

TrineDay

Kris - was RFK jr shown this evidence? 

5 hours ago, Lance Payette said:

That is just what the publishers of books like this are hoping people will say:  "It sounds pretty goofy, but I'll buy the book, look at the documents and judge for myself."  Bingo, the publisher's sole objective - and to some extent the author's - has been achieved.  The problem is, you can't judge for yourself.  We have reached a stage of technological sophistication where photos and documents, especially non-original photos and documents, tell us absolutely nothing.  The MJ-12 documents of UFO fame surfaced 30 years ago, and they are damn good fakes that are still debated.  Some of them were purportedly found in the National Archives.  As I said previously, the "alien slides" were on 1947 Kodak film and stock.  Hoaxes today are at a level of sophistication that defies easy detection.

The UFO community and the paranormal community in general have been burnt so many times by convincing-sounding hoaxers that it sometimes seems impossible.  People do this sort of stuff for motives that are all over the map.  But they do indeed do it, often they are very good at it, and often they are so good that true believers continue to believe even after the hoax has been exposed.  "This guy has impeccable professional credentials, he gained nothing by coming forward, and there is no earthly reason he would make up something like this."  Yes, there is.  We may never know what the reason was, but there was one.  Hence my personal guiding principle:  "Just because someone is seemingly sane, reasonable and high-functioning in all other areas of his life, do not assume that he is not completely insane in some dark little corner of it."

This is why I say:  Forget the book, forget the claims, UNTIL YOU ARE DAMN SURE WHO THE AUTHOR REALLY IS.  If he won't provide full and complete details that can be independently verified, run as fast as you can in the other direction.  Could I be wrong in this instance?  Sure, it's possible.  But so far THE INHERITANCE has just every possible red flag associated with it.  I'd give pretty good odds that it's a hoax (with some kernels of truth associated with it, as is required for any good hoax).  If it is, you won't discover this by buying it and looking at the documents.  You will discover it by holding the author's and publisher's feet to the fire.

Ughhhh ok Lance I will bite. I have not heard many criticisms of Bob L. Can you link to a website video or a short description of why you feel he is a fraud. I am interested in hearing another side to the story. 

3 hours ago, Kris Millegan said:

I welcome opportunities for a new grasp of reality, giving us a much-needed foundation upon which to act.

Oh, I do too.  I just like the foundation for any new grasp of reality to based in reality itself.  That's the problem I'm having here.  You must have a different version of Google than I do, because your check-check-check was my nothing-nothing-nothing.  And I do mean NOTHING.  Mr. Fulton has achieved a level of Google invisibility that I frankly envy and find remarkable for someone who has done all that he has supposedly done.

I also like any new grasp of reality to square with common sense and logical thinking.  I haven't read the book, but that's another problem I'm having here.  "Mercury on the head shot bullet" sounds to me frankly nonsensical.  "The blood on the watch and watchband was the key to the mystery" when there was blood from the head shot everywhere sounds to me frankly nonsensical.  "The author was imprisoned because he knew too much" but now he's writing this book and promoting himself like Madonna sounds to me frankly nonsensical.  Perhaps the blogger I quoted, who claimed to have read the book and to deeply hope it was all true, completely misunderstood what it was saying.

I appreciate that independent publishing has become a very challenging enterprise in the era of rampant self-publishing.  I appreciate your need to promote and stand by the books you publish.  I don't fault you for this.  I just have a strong suspicion that you've been had and weren't especially careful about being had.  Do let us know how that whole Pulitzer Prize thing works out.

I won't beat this to death, but hopefully careful readers will have noticed that Mr. Millegan's impassioned response DOES NOT ADDRESS ANY OF THE CONCERNS I HAVE RAISED.  As I said, I know the game.  I don't expect any of my concerns to be addressed.  Ever.  The true believers - and you know who you are - will not be fazed.

1 minute ago, Cory Santos said:

Ughhhh ok Lance I will bite. I have not heard many criticisms of Bob L. Can you link to a website video or a short description of why you feel he is a fraud. I am interested in hearing another side to the story. 

Ask John Lear, I'm sure he'll have a lot to say about Bob Lazar.  🤣  No, I'm not going there.  Suffice it to say that when Lazar was first being promoted by KLAS-TV reporter George Knapp (who had not yet established himself as a self-promoting clown of the first magnitude) way back in 1988 or so, I (who was then the city attorney in a nearby city) offered to Knapp both by letter and voice mail to fund a serious background investigation of Lazar by a serious background-research firm.  I explained who I was, what my interest was, and what resources were available to me as a lawyer that might not have occurred to Knapp.  I was after what I am after here - WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY, REALLY?  I never received so much as a response from Knapp, who had no interest whatsoever in learning the truth about his meal ticket.  My own minor league investigation satisfied me that Lazar was the classic hoaxer who had just enough kernels of truth associated with his tale to give it the ring of superficial plausibility.  These days I really don't know anyone this side of the UFO lunatic fringe who takes Lazar (or Knapp for that matter) any more seriously than they take John Lear or David Icke - but the UFO community does have a sizable lunatic fringe and they are indeed enthusiastic world-class loons.  I'm sure Lazar, Knapp and Lear would all be fascinating guys to have a beer with, just as are other high-profile prophets of the UFO lunatic fringe with whom I actually have had a beer, but in my informed opinion they are all just tellers of tall tales.  I won't try to convince you otherwise.  God knows there is enough about Lazar on the Internet for anyone with a sincere interest to form his or her own opinion.

1 hour ago, Lance Payette said:

Ask John Lear, I'm sure he'll have a lot to say about Bob Lazar.  🤣  No, I'm not going there.  Suffice it to say that when Lazar was first being promoted by KLAS-TV reporter George Knapp (who had not yet established himself as a self-promoting clown of the first magnitude) way back in 1988 or so, I (who was then the city attorney in a nearby city) offered to Knapp both by letter and voice mail to fund a serious background investigation of Lazar by a serious background-research firm.  I explained who I was, what my interest was, and what resources were available to me as a lawyer that might not have occurred to Knapp.  I was after what I am after here - WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY, REALLY?  I never received so much as a response from Knapp, who had no interest whatsoever in learning the truth about his meal ticket.  My own minor league investigation satisfied me that Lazar was the classic hoaxer who had just enough kernels of truth associated with his tale to give it the ring of superficial plausibility.  These days I really don't know anyone this side of the UFO lunatic fringe who takes Lazar (or Knapp for that matter) any more seriously than they take John Lear or David Icke - but the UFO community does have a sizable lunatic fringe and they are indeed enthusiastic world-class loons.  I'm sure Lazar, Knapp and Lear would all be fascinating guys to have a beer with, just as are other high-profile prophets of the UFO lunatic fringe with whom I actually have had a beer, but in my informed opinion they are all just tellers of tall tales.  I won't try to convince you otherwise.  God knows there is enough about Lazar on the Internet for anyone with a sincere interest to form his or her own opinion.

Blasphemy, you question Icke too? Jk.   I did not know he was In the UFO realm. Do you feel Majestic papers are real or a hoax. Also your thoughts on Stanton Friedman?  Michael Greer?   Alright well I don’t have time to research Bob L but I understand your position. 

Edited by Cory Santos

I did gain one useful nugget of information from this discussion.  I truly had no idea that authors and publishers could submit their own books for consideration for the Pulitzer Prize.  But I have learned on the PP website that this is indeed the case.  Ergo, when we see prominently featured on the author's site that The Inheritance has been submitted for the Pulitzer Prize for its history changing narrative,this is meaningless.  This is apparently a fairly common, albeit deceptive, practice, especially among the self-publishing crowd.  See "The Pulitzer Scam," https://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-lehto/the-pulitzer-scam_b_897320.html .   Does this not strike you as at least slightly dishonest, sort of in the vein of having other authors from the publisher's own stable post "Fantastic!" reviews without disclosing the connection?  Oh, it doesn't?  Then you're precisely the sort of sophisticated and discerning reader at which the book is aimed.

FYI, the process is:  If your dear Aunt Harriet pays $50 and mails in her self-published Aunt Hattie's Favorite Recipes, her book has been SUBMITTED for a PP, which means only that she paid $50 and sent it in … if one of the PP juries includes her book in its three nominations (don't hold your breath, Aunt Hattie), her book has been NOMINATED for a PP, which is indeed an honor and means that someone other than Hattie thinks the book has special merit … if the PP board picks her book from among the nominees (or otherwise), the book is a PP WINNER, which is indeed a big deal (interested in co-authoring a book about the JFK assassination, Aunt Hattie?).  To say that a book has been submitted FOR ITS HISTORY CHANGING NARRATIVE is pretty misleading.  Books aren't submitted "for" anything other than $50.  Here's the entry form  - https://www.pulitzer.org/files/entryforms/lentform08.pdf.

In an unrelated development, I am pleased and flattered to announce that three of my humble posts from these very forums have been submitted for the Pulitzer Prize IN JOURNALISM FOR THEIR SIGNIFICANT ADVANCEMENT OF THE EXERCISE OF CRITICAL-THINKING SKILLS IN THE ANALYSIS OF HISTORICAL EVENTS.  Please hold your applause, I am unworthy.  I had to loan my Cousin Vern $150 to get this done, which shows you how serious we are about our chances.