The Education Forum

Earlene Roberts WC Testimony Amazing To Me Yet Disturbingly Ignored.

Joe Bauer

Oswald's landlady at his 1026 North Beckley Oak Cliff address on 11,22,1963 was Earlene Roberts.

She testified to the Warren Commission on April 8, 1964. Just 5 months after President Kennedy was killed.

I would like to ask some of our researcher members a few questions about Ms. Robert's testimony and the Warren Commission's reactions to it.

I do so because I would like some feedback regarding my take that the WC's reaction to Ms. Robert's testimony was so purposefully avoiding of seeking more of the full truth of her story that it reeked of cover-up.

I have read many of the WC witness testimonies.  I do so because there are often great contradictions in them as well as disturbingly illogical reactions or non-reactions to these contradictions by the WC.

One great example is the WC illogically deciding to believe emotional basket case and lying Jack Ruby over emotionally stable, respected, intelligent and honest newspaper reporter Seth Kantor, regarding Kantor stating he clearly remembered running into and talking to Jack Ruby in the Parkland hospital the afternoon JFK was brought there versus Ruby claiming he never went to Parkland that day.

Regards Earlene Robert's WC testimony (which I will paste the relevant part of here ) I am blown away by the lack of follow up questions by the WC which seems almost unbelievable considering what Ms Roberts was claiming and how important her recollections potentially were.

Are we to believe, once again, this mind boggling fact of two uniformed Dallas police officers stopping their car "right in front" of Oswald's rooming house and honking their horn " tit-tit" twice at the exact same super brief moment the hottest criminal suspect in their history is in his room there  ( 50 feet away! ) ... was just another incredible JFK event coincidence?

Was there any higher priority instructions for all available units in the Dallas Police vehicle force at that exact time that day besides "be on the lookout" in their frantic search for a suspect fitting Lee Harvey Oswald's physical description...as Tippit was racing around doing?

Of all the places two cruising DPD officers decide to pull over and stop their car ( besides a stop sign ) that afternoon and play with their horn in that large city...they chose to do so in a specific residential location which just happened to have been right in front of and a mere 50 feet from their suspect's room and the suspect himself?  

Earlene Roberts stated she used to work for some policemen without explaining what she did in this employ. And the WC doesn't even want to know about this part of her life?

Ms. Robert's stated that occasionally a police car she knew on sight would stop in front of her house like this one did. She stated she would talk to these police officers ( whom she knew by name ) during these previous stops.

She also said she knew well the car number of those previous police car stop encounters and the one that stopped in front of her residence on 11,22,1963 had a different number and was also different in that it wasn't a Dallas PD "accident squad car" which one assumes she was used to seeing. Maybe a DPD car without all the lights and side printing? A higher ranking officer's car?

Wouldn't the WC want to know more about Ms. Roberts previous talking to these other two DPD police officers whom she knew by name?  Whom she said she "worked for?"

To ask them if they did indeed know Mrs. Roberts and if they ever stopped to talk to her and what they would talk about? 

Was Mrs. Roberts some type of police informant, relative to perhaps reporting to them if she had some new shady characters renting her rooms?

If the commission felt Mrs. Roberts was fabricating this 11/22/1963 DPD police car stop story,  BECAUSE IT'S IMPLICATIONS WERE SO IMPORTANT,  why wouldn't they interview the DPD police officers whose names Mrs. Roberts said she knew to either validate her story and credibility or invalidate it. 

Did anyone ever search the Dallas PD records to see if a police car like the one Ms. Robert's described was indeed on patrol in her area that afternoon and if so, who were the two officers Ms. Robert's described seeing in this stopping and honking vehicle?

And if they identified these two officers, were they asked why they did this bizarre thing  just 50 feet away from the most hunted suspect in Dallas history?

These follow up questions and so many more seemed so important and logical in response to Ms. Robert's startling recollections yet, she was just left to state them without such?

Oswald Rooming House 

Mr. BALL. Did a police car pass the house there and honked?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes.
Mr. BALL. When was that?
Mrs. ROBERTS. He came in the house.
Mr. BALL. When he came in the house ?
Mrs. ROBERTS. When he came in the house and went to his room, you know how the sidewalk runs?
Mr. BALL. Yes.
Mrs. ROBERTS. Right direct in front of that door-there was a police car stopped and honked. I had worked for some policemen and sometimes they come by and tell me something that maybe their wives would want me to know, and I thought it was them, and I just glanced out and saw the number, and I said, "Oh, that's not their car," for I knew their car.
Mr. BALL. You mean, it was not the car of the policemen you knew?
Mrs. ROBERTS. It wasn't the police car I knew, because their number was 170 and it wasn't 170 and I ignored it.
Mr. BALL. And who was in the car?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't know--I didn't pay any attention to it after I noticed it wasn't them-I didn't.
Mr. BALL. Where was it parked ?
Mrs. ROBERTS. It was parked in front of the house.
Mr. BALL. At 1026 North Beckley?
Mrs. ROBERTS. And then they just eased on--the way it is-it was the third house off of Zangs and they just went on around the corner that way.
Mr. BALL. Went around what corner?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Went around the corner off of Beckley on Zangs.
Mr. BALL. Going which way--toward town or away from town?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Toward town.
Dr. GOLDBERG. Which way was the car facing?
Mrs. ROBERTS. It was facing north.
Dr. GOLDBERG. Towards Zangs?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Towards Zangs--for I was the third house right off of Zangs on Beckley.
Mr. BALL. Did this police car stop directly in front of your house?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes--it stopped directly in front of my house and it just "tip-tip" and that's the way Officer Alexander and Charles Burnely would do when they stopped, and I went to the door and looked and saw it wasn't their number.
Mr. BALL. Where was Oswald when this happened?
Mrs. ROBERTS. In his room.
Mr. BALL. It was after he had come in his room?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Had that police car ever stopped there before ?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't know--I don't remember ever seeing it.
Mr. BALL. Have you ever seen it since?
Mrs. ROBERTS. No--I didn't pay that much attention--I just saw it wasn't the police car that I knew and had worked for so, I forgot about it. I seen it at the time, but I don't remember now what it was.
Mr. BALL. Did you report the number of the car to anyone?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I think I did---I'm not sure, because I--at that particular time I remembered it.
Mr. BALL. You remembered the number of the car ?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I think it was--106, it seems to me like it was 106, but I do know what theirs was--it was 170 and it wasn't their car.
Mr. BALL. It was not 170?
Mrs. ROBERTS. The people I worked for was 170.
Mr. BALL. Did you report that number to anyone, did you report this incident to anyone?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes, I told the FBI and the Secret Service both when they was out there.
Mr. BALL. And did you tell them the number of the car?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I'm not sure--I believe I did--I'm not sure. I think I did because there was so much happened then until my brains was in a whirl.
Mr. BALL. On the 29th of November, Special Agents Will Griffin and James Kennedy of the Federal Bureau of Investigation interviewed you and you told them that "after Oswald had entered his room about 1 p.m. on November 22, 1963, you looked out the front window and saw police car No. 207?
Mrs. ROBERTS. No. 107.
Mr. BALL. Is that the number?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes--I remembered it. I don't know where I got that 106---207. Anyway, I knew it wasn't 170.
Mr. BALL. And you say that there were two uniformed policemen in the car?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes, and it was in a black car. It wasn't an accident squad car at all.
Mr. BALL. Were there two uniformed policemen in the car?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Oh, yes.
Mr. BALL. And one of the officers sounded the born ?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Just kind of a "tit-tit"--twice.
Mr. BALL. And then drove on to Beckley toward Zangs Boulevard, is that right?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes. I thought there was a number, but I couldn't remember it but I did know the number of their car--I could tell that. I want you to understand that I have been put through the third degree and it's hard to remember.
Mr. BALL. Are there any other questions?
Dr. GOLDBERG. No, that's all.
Mr. BALL. Now, Mrs. Roberts, this deposition will be written up and you can read it if you want to and you can sign it. or you can waive the signature.
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, you know, I can't see too good how to read. I'm completely blind in my right eye.
Mr. BALL. Do you want to waive your signature? And then you won't have to come back down here.
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, okay.
Mr. BALL. All right, you waive it then ?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes. Do you want me to sign it now?
Mr. BALL. No; we couldn't, because this young lady has to write it up and it will be a couple of weeks before it will be ready.
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, will you want me to come back or how?
Mr. BALL. Well, you can waive your signature and you won't have to come back to do that--do you want to do that?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Okay, it will be all right.
Mr. BALL. All right. The Secret Service will take you home now.
Mrs. ROBERTS. All right.
Mr. BALL. Thank you for coming.
Mrs. ROBERTS. All right.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

Oswald's landlady at his 1026 North Beckley Oak Cliff address on 11,22,1963 was Earlene Roberts.

She testified to the Warren Commission on April 4, 1964. Just 5 months after President Kennedy was killed.

I would like to ask some of our researcher members a few questions about Ms. Robert's testimony and the Warren Commission's reactions to it.

I do so because I would like some feedback regarding my take that the WC reaction to Ms. Robert's testimony was so purposefully avoiding of seeking more of the full truth of her story that it reeks of cover-up.

Regards Earlene Robert's WC testimony (which I will paste the relevant part of here ) I am blown away by the lack of follow up questions by the WC which seems almost unbelievable considering what she stated and how important her recollections were.

Joe,

A lot of that goes back to the testimony of the Johnson's, the owners of the 1026 N. Beckley rooming house, and Earlene's employers.

They gave their testimony on April 1st - three days before Earlene's.

They lied their asses off.

Read how Mrs. Johnson smears Earlene.

Both the Johnson's said that the police knew that Oswald lived at 1026 because he had a piece of paper in his pocket that said so.

*horsehockey*

Read how Mrs. Johnson was willing to let the police search the rooms of all of the tenants at 1026 and was on the way with the keys to unlock their doors when Oswald's picture flashed on the TV.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/johnso_g.htm

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/johnso_a.htm

Mrs. JOHNSON. Well, she would just get to being disagreeable with renters and I don't know, she has a lot of handicaps. She has an overweight problem and she has some habits that some people have to understand to tolerate.

Mr. BALL. What are they?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Talking just sitting down and making up tales, you know, have you ever seen people like that? Just have a creative mind, there's nothing to it, and just make up and keep talking until she just makes a lie out of it. Listen, I'm telling you the truth and this isn't to go any further, understand that? You have to know these things because you are going to question this lady. I will tell you, she's just as intelligent--I think she is a person that doesn't mean to do that but she just does it automatically. It seems as though that she, oh, I don't know, wants to be attractive or something at times.

Mr. BALL. On the day of the 22d of November, were you home around 1 o'clock?
Mrs. JOHNSON. It must have been 1:30 or 2, something like that.
Mr. BALL. When you came home?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes; after serving lunch.

“So I came from the restaurant, I guess 1 or 1:30, and these officers were there 1:30 or 2, something like that, anyway, it was after this assassination, and as I drove in, well, the officers were there...”

Oswald hadn't even been arrested yet, and the police weren't even dispatched to 1026 N. Beckley until 2:40 PM.

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

She testified to the Warren Commission on April 4, 1964. Just 5 months after President Kennedy was killed.

Joe,

I misspoke a little bit. Earlene testified on April 8th

For me, the most momentous part of Earlene's testimony comes in this passage:

Mr. BALL. Do you remember the day the President was shot?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes; I remember it---who would forget that?
Mr. BALL. And the police officers came out there?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Do you remember what they said?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, it was Will Fritz' men---it was plainclothesmen and I was at the back doing something and Mr. Johnson answered the door and they identified themselves and then he called me.
Mr. BALL. What did they say?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, they asked him if there was a Harvey Lee Oswald there.
Mr. BALL. What did he say?
Mrs. ROBERTS. And he says, "I don't know, I'll have to call the housekeeper," and he called me and I went and got the books and I said, "No; there's no one here by that name," and they tried to make me remember and I couldn't, and Mrs. Johnson come in in the meantime and there wasn't nobody there by that name, and Mrs. Johnson said, "Mrs. Roberts, don't you have him?" And, I said, "No; we don't, for here is my book and there is nobody there by that name." We checked it back a year.
Mr. BALL. And you didn't have that name you didn't ever know his name was Lee Oswald?
Mrs. ROBERTS. No---he registered as O. H. Lee and they were asking for Harvey Lee Oswald.

CE 2003 located in (24H259) is the list submitted of TSBD employees to Captain Gannaway through Jack Revill . It is dated November 22, 1963. Heading that list is Harvey Lee Oswald at 605 Elsbeth.

Steve Thomas

After some confusion in her testimony, Mrs. Roberts seemed to indicate that it was squad car # 207 that honked by the rooming house at 1026 N. Beckley.  As Joe Bauer noted in his initial post, this testimony should have set off alarm bells just about everywhere in Dallas.  Instead, Captain W.R. Westbrook wrote this brief excuse about car # 207 to Chief Curry:

Westbrook_car_keys.jpg

Jimmy Valentine, who according to Westbrook was assigned to the car that day, should have been questioned.  As John Armstrong wrote on our website, “Valentine should have been interviewed by DPD internal affairs, the FBI, the Secret Service, and/or the Warren Commission and asked who borrowed his squad car that afternoon. Valentine should have provided a written statement or affidavit as to either the location of car #207 or the officer to whom he gave the keys to car #207 prior to 1:00 PM on 11/22/63. The opportunity to identify and connect the police officers in car #207 with HARVEY Oswald was now lost, and I believe was intentionally lost.”

By the same measure, Sgt. J. A. Putnam should have been grilled about Westbrook’s claim he was given the keys to car # 207 and didn’t return them until 3:30 pm that afternoon.  But, of course, Putnam was never questioned about that either.

John and I believe that it was Captain Westbrook himself in car # 207 honking the horn in front of the rooming house, along with Reserve Officer Kenneth Croy.   The case for this is made  here:

THE MURDER OF J.D. TIPPIT

Steve, I saw that I had misstated the date of Earlene Robert's WC testimony.  I just edited my post to correct this.

Also, after reading the Johnson's WC testimonies, they both mentioned that the Dallas police came to their rooming house "after"  they had arrested Oswald at the Texas theater.

Ms. Johnson stated that the police got their 1026 North Beckley address after finding this on Oswald after arresting him.

That should mean that the two officers who had stopped in front of the Johnson rooming house earlier and honked their horn twice, just as Oswald was there in his room, should not have known that Oswald lived there.

Again, of all the thousands of residences in that area of Dallas, these two police officers Ms. Robert's describes ( by sheer coincidence? ) decide to park their police car and play with their horn right in front of and just 50 feet away from Oswald's room, and while he is actually in there for a brief minute or two?

Oh please.

And yes, it is curious how much Mrs. Johnson finds such derogatory things to say about Earlene Roberts, especially how she ( Roberts ) made up things and how exaggerating she was in over-talking to guests.

Why say these specific and subjective negative things about Mrs. Roberts except to try to discredit her and her credibility?  Why would Mrs. Johnson feel the need to do this and actually harm Ms Robert's integrity and reputation like that?

Mrs. Johnson's husband Mr. Johnson didn't mention anything so negative and personal about Earlene Roberts and her character as Mrs. Johnson did.

Edited by Joe Bauer

5 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

After some confusion in her testimony, Mrs. Roberts seemed to indicate that it was squad car # 207 that honked by the rooming house at 1026 N. Beckley.  As Joe Bauer noted in his initial post, this testimony should have set off alarm bells just about everywhere in Dallas.  Instead, Captain W.R. Westbrook wrote this brief excuse about car # 207 to Chief Curry:

Westbrook_car_keys.jpg

Jimmy Valentine, who according to Westbrook was assigned to the car that day, should have been questioned.  As John Armstrong wrote on our website, “Valentine should have been interviewed by DPD internal affairs, the FBI, the Secret Service, and/or the Warren Commission and asked who borrowed his squad car that afternoon. Valentine should have provided a written statement or affidavit as to either the location of car #207 or the officer to whom he gave the keys to car #207 prior to 1:00 PM on 11/22/63. The opportunity to identify and connect the police officers in car #207 with HARVEY Oswald was now lost, and I believe was intentionally lost.”

By the same measure, Sgt. J. A. Putnam should have been grilled about Westbrook’s claim he was given the keys to car # 207 and didn’t return them until 3:30 pm that afternoon.  But, of course, Putnam was never questioned about that either.

John and I believe that it was Captain Westbrook himself in car # 207 honking the horn in front of the rooming house, along with Reserve Officer Kenneth Croy.   The case for this is made  here:

THE MURDER OF J.D. TIPPIT

Could this specific black hole incident regarding the missing chain of possession record of car 207 that afternoon be one of the reason's Chief Curry thought there was more to the JFK story in his late life recollection book?

So, Captain W.R. Westbrook is directly involved with this unaccounted for police car that Earlene Roberts identified as the one that pulled up to her rooming house and parked and honked twice?  Well, Well.

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, Ian Lloyd said:

The FBI interviewed Valentine & Putnam...

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10672&relPageId=535&search=valentine

EDIT:

Actually, re-reading this, it looks like it's the FBI passing on the information received from the DPD...

Ian,

The link above is to an FBI interview of Capt. O.A. Jones, of the DPD Forgery(!!) Bureau. Valentine and Putnam should have been aggressively interviewed about the issue of car # 207, but I can find no indication that either was.  Why not?

8 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Ian,

The link above is to an FBI interview of Capt. O.A. Jones, of the DPD Forgery(!!) Bureau. Valentine and Putnam should have been aggressively interviewed about the issue of car # 207, but I can find no indication that either was.  Why not?

Whatever the number on the police car Earlene Roberts saw park in front of her rooming house and honk just at the moment Oswald had entered into his room there, the point is the illogically unbelievable to beyond coincidence fact that a DPD car would do this and be within 50 feet of Oswald himself while doing so.

You would expect it would be easy for the DPD to simply ask all their officers on duty that day whether any of them were in this car when it pulled up to Earlene Robert's residence and parked and honked their horn? Obviously no DPD officers ever admitted to this action.

Ms Robert's story describing this event had many specific details including time of day and just when Oswald briefly entered his room, different car number, different type of DPD car, color of the car, number and types of horn honks, two uniformed officers inside, the direction the car headed after slowly pulling away.

Either those DPD car occupants refused to identify themselves...or Ms. Roberts made this entire highly detailed story up.

I choose to believe Ms. Roberts would not do this in front of a very high authority investigative body and under oath, fearing the consequences if they found out she made it all up.

Edited by Joe Bauer

5 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Westbrook_car_keys.jpg

Jim,

DPD Archives Box 5, Folder# 7, Item# 46

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box5.htm

image.thumb.png.5d9ee931deb3f97d7c3649c346efbbd5.png

Putnam's name was J.A. Putnam, not J.M. Putnam. (Was Valentine nervous?)

There is no corresponding statement from Putnam.

Putnam was interviewed by the W.C., but no questions about Valentine or car# 207.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/putnam1.htm

Putnam's badge# was #904.

Steve Thomas

What u are seeing is how the WC manufactured  a record to support the desired outcome.

At the CAPA conference, I took some of the medical witnesses through how they may have been pressured to change their testimony. The WC conducted unrecorded interviews of many witnesses not only to find out what they had to say but to learn what areas not to explore with them on the record and also to influence what they would say on the record. We lawyers have lots of tricks on how to do this. When a witness wandered off the desired path, the lawyers either went off the record to straighten them out or simply ignored inconvenient answers.

It is important to get the remaining witnesses to explain how they were treated so future historians and generations can put the manufactured record into proper perspective....and we're running out of time.

2 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

What u are seeing is how the WC manufactured  a record to support the desired outcome.

At the CAPA conference, I took some of the medical witnesses through how they may have been pressured to change their testimony. The WC conducted unrecorded interviews of many witnesses not only to find out what they had to say but to learn what areas not to explore with them on the record and also to influence what they would say on the record. We lawyers have lots of tricks on how to do this. When a witness wandered off the desired path, the lawyers either went off the record to straighten them out or simply ignored inconvenient answers.

It is important to get the remaining witnesses to explain how they were treated so future historians and generations can put the manufactured record into proper perspective....and we're running out of time.

Hi Lawrence.  I'd like to thank you for taking up the subject seriously on behalf of a younger generation.  I believe it does still have an effect on yours and that of your children and grandchildren.  It's effect's have carried forward in many way's.  A simple example.  President's don't ride in parades in convertibles in parades anymore.   Though I am not familiar with it in detail your work is appreciated by some at least.   I must admit, your first posts on here I wondered about your sincerity and commitment to the Truth.  Now I look forward to your recent interview with Jim Jenkins.   Carry on sir. 

16 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Westbrook_car_keys.jpg

Jim,

Just a quick little aside:

The Second Platoon shift worked from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

See p. 7 of Batchelor's Exhibit 5002, p. 124 of the pdf file

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1136#relPageId=142&tab=page

If Valentine drove the car to the TSBD and spent the afternoon helping in the search, how come the keys were turned over to Sgt. Putnam at 3:30 PM, and how did Valentine get back to the station when his shift was over so he could clock out and go home?

And if the car is parked at the TSBD, how is the new Third Platoon driver of #207 supposed to get back to the car so he can drive it around?

Questions, questions.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

Any indication that Valentine’s statement above is signed?  No sig on the image you posted.

Also, your familiarity with the Dallas archives seems pretty unique. (There are several different ones relating to this case, no?)  In my more limited familiarity with them, it seems to me that there are a number of documents not in lockstep with the WC/FBI version of things.

One of those that stands out for me is the note about the half dollar bills apparently in the possession of Classic Oswald®.  As far a I know, there is no reference to this at all in any federal investigation.  John A. says the note is not in Archives II in College Park.

Dollar_bill_halves.png

1 hour ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Steve,

Any indication that Valentine’s statement above is signed?  No sig on the image you posted.

Also, your familiarity with the Dallas archives seems pretty unique. (There are several different ones relating to this case, no?)  In my more limited familiarity with them, it seems to me that there are a number of documents not in lockstep with the WC/FBI version of things.

One of those that stands out for me is the note about the half dollar bills apparently in the possession of Classic Oswald®.  As far a I know, there is no reference to this at all in any federal investigation.  John A. says the note is not in Archives II in College Park.

Dollar_bill_halves.png

Jim,

No. No signature on Valentine's Report.

Quite frankly,  I really don't know where this information about the two half-dollar bills comes from. I've never seen a reference to them in any inventory I've ever seen.

Here's an inventory of the items found on Oswald that's in the DPD Archives. I'm sorry, I don't have a citation for you.

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/27/2707-001.gif

This is a copy of the inventory found in the DPD Archives Box 1, Folder# 7, Item# 43 with some extra notes added on the side. This inventory was compiled on November 30th.

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box7.htm

Here's Commission Exhibit 1148 This FBI inventory was compiled by James Bookhout and is dated December 10th.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1317#relPageId=208&tab=page

They match pretty closely I think.

I know Manning Clements did an inventory of the wallet he found on the desk at around 10:00 PM Friday night, but I can't put my finger on that inventory at the moment. I know there was a reference to it in the discussions about the Hidell ID card in the Forum a while back.

There's nothing in the DPD Archives that list "torn", "bills", "dollars", or "half-dollars" The only listing for "money" relates to the money Ruby had on him.

PS: I noticed those two torn half-dollar bills have different serial numbers on them.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas