The Education Forum

Long-Lost Garrison Files to Be Released

Thanks Douglas. I’m not exactly sure how to take this news. 67 boxes of missing files, copied by an unidentified Police Officer who was ordered to destroy them. Somehow these boxes of copies wind up on EBay where they are purchased by Geno Munari who then gifts them to John Barbour. Of course we all want to know what is in them, but Barbour is now curating them and releasing them over time. Thats a lot to swallow. 

4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Thanks Douglas. I’m not exactly sure how to take this news. 67 boxes of missing files, copied by an unidentified Police Officer who was ordered to destroy them. Somehow these boxes of copies wind up on EBay where they are purchased by Geno Munari who then gifts them to John Barbour. Of course we all want to know what is in them, but Barbour is now curating them and releasing them over time. Thats a lot to swallow. 

It's encouraging to read that John Barbour supported L.A. Coroner Thomas Noguchi's findings in RFK's autopsy, but who knows?

Where is he going to release them to?  Will he give them to MFF, or set up his own web site?

I thought John got these from Jim Garrison.

I also saw this story, and found it odd - which seems par for the course with some of these alternative news sites. Barbour has 'announced his intention to release long-suppressed files'. Why not just release them, rather than saying you're going to release them? It's a bit like if a member here wrote a post in this thread about how they intended to write a post in this thread.

'Barbour was drawn in by the very first file he read, which was David Ferrie's admission that he was affiliated with the CIA'.

So why not post the details, rather than summarising it in ten words? Was it an interview transcript with Ferrie? Who did the interview? What else did Ferrie discuss? Did Garrison or anyone else comment about the matter in print?

Seriously - these are questions that occur to me thirty seconds after reading the story. Article author Donald Jeffries wrote the HIDDEN HISTORY volume and would be aware of the importance of this sort of info. Yet he skips past the Ferrie assertion and moves on to mentioning Donald Trump in the next paragraph, and then discussing Barbour's career in general. Huh?

Maybe Barbour plans a gradual release of the files simply as he has to chuck each one into a scanner to make a PDF for each document, and then post it. That would take a while with 67 boxes, which would explain why he's announcing that he's going to do something with them. Fair enough.

MFF are set up to do this stuff. John really should pass them onto those guys, and get them to name it the Barbour/Garrison collection or something.

Edited by Anthony Thorne

The other place he could send them to would be Baylor.

They have done a really good job with making the Armstrong collection available online.

Two questions.

One.  The man is 85 years old.  I'm not questioning clarity of mind but if you live to such an age is it not time to delegate such a large important project to a place like MFF or Baylor rather than take it upon yourself?

Two.  In his recent Foreword in Jim Jenkins 

https://www.amazon.com/At-Cold-Shoulder-History-Chilling/dp/1634242114/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1544162707&sr=1-1&keywords=at+the+cold+shoulder+of+history

He mentions in his September 5, 1981 interview with Garrison...he leaned across his desk showing me Dr. McClelland's death certificate signed shortly after 1:30 pm: "Death by gunshot wound to the right temple".

Might there be a copy of That in these files?  It would be relevant.  Nice to show the WaPo and NYT just to see how they'd react.  (they'd ignore it). 

Doug,

Thanks so much for promoting this- both John and I appreciate your support. 

Actually, I think the information will be able to be processed much more easily this way, rather than in one huge data dump. John Barbour has only the best intentions here. He wants people to know the truth. 

Articles in American Free Press are usually 800 words, thus it was written concisely. Those interested should watch the video John just put up on You Tube, which is linked in Doug Caddy's above post. 

Could someone clarify the process for joining this forum now? John Barbour is only the latest person to mention to me how difficult this seems to be. I would hope that this forum would welcome everyone, especially someone as prominent as John Barbour. 

2 hours ago, Don Jeffries said:

Could someone clarify the process for joining this forum now? John Barbour is only the latest person to mention to me how difficult this seems to be. I would hope that this forum would welcome everyone, especially someone as prominent as John Barbour. 

I've forgotten exactly what I did to join.  But I think maybe it can be done through the contact us icon at the bottom of the page.  If I remember right they want your real name, a picture, an e-mail address (that is not published), maybe a general location - country, state or town/city, and a brief bio regarding general interests/hobbies.  Regards, Ron.

Don:

Can you please ask John where the files will be uploaded to?

Did he go ahead and take out a URL for this purpose?

I for one would be interested in reading them.