The Education Forum

Complete Patsy Paschall film?

Isn't there something wrong with this film?  Is it even the Patsy Paschall film?  This has to be an altered crop of the Paschall film.  Patsy Paschall filmed from the 3rd floor tower of the old red brick court house on Main Street.  The perspective on the frame below is from directly across from Main St. and not at an angle as it should be if filmed from Paschall's location.  You do not see any of the structure on Houston Street that should be visible in this frame.  And, what street is that behind the so-called Shelter.  Where is the railroad yards? 

The film is so blurred and unreadable (that matches the rest of the film) you really can't identify Zapruder.  You can identify someone you think is Zapruder.  Zapruder was balding but, so were a lot of other people.  Wasn't he wearing a hat?

patsy-paschall-frame-maybe.jpg

Edited by John Butler

Which perspective do you prefer?

patsy-paschall-perspective.jpg

I would guess the perspective in these two frames is something not natural.  The left hand scene shows a road behind the monument that is horizontal in comparison to the monument.  The right had scene shows a street that is vertical to the monument.  I like the scene on the right.  It has blocked out the Triple Underpass so you can't tell whether there is a train on the tracks or not.  A definite sign of alteration.  It also blocks any view of what's happening in front of the TSBD.

Much as we saw a lengthy recent discussion on Jim Jenkins here, with almost no mention of the go-to guy on that witness, William Law, here we have a thread about the Paschall film, with zero mention of Mark Oakes. Without the efforts of this seemingly forgotten researcher, we wouldn't even know about the Paschall film. 

Mark's excellent witness interviews were available for a long time on DVD, and included his ground breaking work on the Paschall film. They may still be, for all I know. 

Robin Unger has posted two fair videos on Patsy Paschall.  The second is about as good a viewing as you can get on the film.  Even so there is very little that you can see in the film that is useful.  The claim of seeing Zapruder flee the scene is questionable as anything else you see in the film.  The images are too vague.  The film is dark, brooding, and generally blurred enough to not see much of anything.

The film has been altered to make it that way.  I use to call the Patsy Paschall film the Giant Jackie film.  The following frame and others is what I based the claim of alteration on.  If Jackie was to stand she would be maybe 8 or 9 feet tall in comparison to the limo.  Possibly 10.

pp-9-a.jpg

And,

paschall-crop-zapruder-maybe-1.jpg