The Education Forum

JFK and Far Right Conspiracy Rhetoric

An unusual article from a new writer.  I cannot even recall this subject being written about before.

But its interesting about how the original conservatives who were conspiracy oriented have now seem to returned to prominence in the GOP, e g Steve Bannon.

I mean how can anyone forget Revilo Oliver?

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/jfk-and-far-right-conspiracy-rhetoric

How do you define the far right in 1963?  Birch Society, HL Hunt, East coast establishment wall street investment bankers?  GHWB?  Oil, Angelton, Israeli nuclear power?  Would it have included Dulles, Angleton and Rockefeller?

Edited by Ron Bulman

The author centered on the John Birch Society.  And I think he was correct.

See, what the more  traditional conservatives did was, they did not go for all the outlandish conspiracy theories that people like Welch and Revilo Oliver advocated.  A good example being the whole water fluoridation scheme that Stanley Kubrick and Terry Southern ridiculed in Dr. Strangelove.  That was so obviously fruity that people like Buckley knew it would be a liability in political terms on the domestic front. So people like Chandler and Buckley went after the JBS in a struggle for control of the GOP.

Now, if you ask me, I kind of think that the people who won this struggle might have been even worse than the JBS and their close allies, the MInutmen. Simply because people like Nixon managed to conceal the nuttiness of his ideas from the public until after he died and his tapes and papers finally became public.  The Goldwater movement made a mistake and put it all out there.  Nixon and Roger Stone, Buckley and Buchanan etc they learned from that.

BTW, besides isolating the JBS, Buckley's other track was to cut off the liberal and moderate wing of the GOP, that is people like Lindsay, Goodell and Javits.  And that is how you got the modern Republican party.

But now, in a way, the Trump movement has brought back the conspiratorial JBS types.

Edited by James DiEugenio

6 minutes ago, Robert Card said:

Eustace Mullins claimed that Oliver told him that Knight of Malta Nelson Rockefeller created the John Birch Society and personally installed 32nd degree Freemason Robert Welsh to run it.  The nutwork controls both sides of everything.

Without commenting on the names and titles of your post, I will say I believe something like this scenario is likely true. When JBS leaders claimed that everyone was Communist from Eisenhower down, it seems obvious to me that they knew it wasn’t true. It was fake news with a purpose. For whom is it advantageous that the public lose faith in its government? 

I have a real problem with that story for a couple of reasons.

First, Nelson Rockefeller was a part of the moderate to liberal wing of the GOP at that time.  He actually gave money to get the demonstrators out of jail in Birmingham.  Tens of thousands.  The JBS denied they were racists but there is plenty of evidence to counter that claim.

Second, Gary Allen, one of their major writers, was a relentless attacker of the Rockefellers. 

Recall, Oliver got kicked out of the JBS.  This may have been his way of getting payback.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:15 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Now, if you ask me, I kind of think that the people who won this struggle might have been even worse than the JBS and their close allies, the MInutmen.

Jim,

A very good article on the Minutemen by William Turner in a 1967 issue of Ramparts Magazine can be found here:

https://www.unz.com/PDF/PERIODICAL/Ramparts-1967jan/71-79/

He references Guy Bannister and anti-Castro Cuban exiles on page 73.

Steve Thomas

I've seen it written on this site several times that Revilo Oliver was kicked out of the John Birch Society.   I've never met Oliver, but I know several people who knew him, and it was never stated among people in that area that Oliver was removed from the JBS.   Oliver simply woke up one day and resigned.

For whatever it's worth, I enclose Oliver's resignation letter.   Further research can be done on the net on the Rockefeller financing of the JBS, that is, if it hasn't been removed.

https://archive.org/details/ReviloOliverResignationFromJohnBirchSociety

i know it's tough to swallow, but the right/left, conservative/liberal paradigm is false.

The real divide is globalist or non-globalist.

Nelson Rockefeller, along with his brother David were Knights of Malta, so their allegiance was to Rome, and they were globalists.

They donated their land for the construction of the United Nations.  Even when I was a boy, David Rockefeller ran his 'One World Govt' show every Labor Day Weekend in NYC.

Many of our leaders are scattered on different boats, but in the end, they all have the same destination.

Let's not forget a speech by the greatest U.S. President that ever lived on 'Secret Societies'.  Gave his life fighting the nutwork.

Roman emperor with leaf head dress:

2855192_mwox1000ipad_2_snap-pad750x1000f8f8f8.lite-1u2.thumb.jpg.2ac6f2953049f8d59b0851d91fed8dd9.jpg

UN logo with leaves encompassing the world.   After some complaints, laurel leaves of the Romans were changed to olive leaves for the UN logo.   the thing is, they both look alike

All roads lead to Rome.

download.png.7ad41678e2a2db5a1fe308ad0928734a.png

So Welch, inspired and funded by Rockefeller created the John Birch Society and Minutemen ?   Who somehow found a lone nut?  Maybe Rockefeller found a distraction for his subordinates Dulles and Angleton to use?

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

So Welch, inspired and funded by Rockefeller created the John Birch Society and Minutemen ?   Who somehow found a lone nut?  Maybe Rockefeller found a distraction for his subordinates Dulles and Angleton to use?

JBS and the Minutemen were just distractions, and gatekeepers.   It's just my opinion, but I would think that Angleton, with 7 statues of himself in Israel, and a high positon in the CIA, was far above Rockefeller.  This is all an educated guess on my part, I really don't know.

Angleton was not above Rockefeller in the Power Elite.

And no I do not buy the story by Oliver about Rockefeller.  Oliver was forced to resign from the JBS.  

Welch did not need a grant to found the JBS.  He called a meeting of business executives back in the late fifties to found the group and there was no Rockefeller there.

See, the point is, the JBS represented everything that the Rockefellers did not like about the rightwing of the GOP.  But it was that strain that really took over in 1964 and more or less marginalized Nelson Rockefeller's influence in the party.

Oliver actually went on to be even more of a rabid right-winger than Welch after he resigned.

A non-globalist is a nationalist.   I knew when I wrote 'non-globalist' that it sounded corny, so sorry about that.  English is a second language for me.

Let's take the case of Harvey Weinstein, I mean the real case.  (I have to pay for this information, and I'm giving it to you for free.)

So why are they taking out Weinstein at this time when he's been accused of doing sexual assault and harassment since at least the early 90's, and some say the 70's?  Hillary, Obama, and Weinstein are global marxists, and so is Netanyahu, and the Likud Party, but Netanyahu is also a nationalist when it comes to Israel.   Weinstein has been in Israel for a long time throwing his money around promoting global marxism against the wishes of the Likud Party.  Netanyahu hated Obama, Hillary, and Weinstein, so much that Netanyahu called Obama everything but a n during Obama's Presidency.  The only person that could take out a big Jew, is another big Jew, so it was Netanyahu that took out Weinstein.  This globalist/nationalist war is going on all the time with plenty more examples, and both sides jockey for position.

Edited by Robert Card
'accused' of doing

5 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Angleton was not above Rockefeller in the Power Elite.

And no I do not buy the story by Oliver about Rockefeller.  Oliver was forced to resign from the JBS.  

Welch did not need a grant to found the JBS.  He called a meeting of business executives back in the late fifties to found the group and there was no Rockefeller there.

See, the point is, the JBS represented everything that the Rockefellers did not like about the rightwing of the GOP.  But it was that strain that really took over in 1964 and more or less marginalized Nelson Rockefeller's influence in the party.

Oliver actually went on to be even more of a rabid right-winger than Welch after he resigned.

About 10 years ago, I discussed this very subject with someone else, and I'll see if I can find more documentation, as it may not be on the net any longer.   I won't do this today, but I'll try and get it in the near future.

My proof that the CIA is above the judiciary is in the case of George Joannides.  The CIA was court ordered to turn over his file, and so far they haven't.  For the CIA to thumbnose a federal judge tells me that the CIA is higher up.  If the CIA is higher than the judiciary, than they're certainly higher than a Senator, Congressman, Politician, or Judge.

Jim, I agree with you that the Rockefellers were against the conservatives, but as Vladimir Lenin once said, 'the best way to control the opposition is to lead it'.  In my view, the JBS was created to separate the conservatives and then to defeat them.   Divide and conquer.

It would help if you showed me what evidence you have that Oliver was 'kicked out' of the JBS.  I can send that on to someone much more knowledgeable than I am on the JBS.

BTW, back when I was stupid 45 years ago, I tried to join the JBS, and they refused me membership saying that they thought I was an FBI informant.