The Education Forum

Oswald was not in MC

Of course, KGB went out of their way some time ago to present their version of LHO in MC: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/980873.Passport_to_Assassination

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/20/2019 at 11:57 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

And sadly David Lifton has fallen for some of this misinformation. Unless I misunderstood what he wrote in some posts on this forum.

Odd.  I tend to consider Lifton to be discerning about his sources.  Could you point me to that thread?  

Lifton resisted going down the rabbit trail of the Fetzer/Weldon "t-+t" hole in the limo windshield, which I found impressive. At that time, he was publishing an essay in a book with Fetzer and, I have no doubt, under a lot of pressure. Lifton was also the one who clued me in on Judyth being a fake.  I appreciated that as well.  

On the other hand, Lifton has yet to acknowledge my viewing a copy of the Zapruder film(s) in NYC in 1964, which I find disappointing, as I consider this to be of great significance. Others who have knowledge of this viewing and are still living refuse to talk about it.  

Edited by Pamela Brown

1 hour ago, Pamela Brown said:
On 1/20/2019 at 10:57 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

And sadly David Lifton has fallen for some of this misinformation. Unless I misunderstood what he wrote in some posts on this forum.

Odd.  I tend to consider Lifton to be discerning about his sources.  Could you point me to that thread?  

Lifton resisted going down the rabbit trail of the Fetzer/Weldon "t-+t" hole in the limo windshield, which I found impressive. At that time, he was publishing an essay in a book with Fetzer and, I have no doubt, under a lot of pressure. Lifton was also the one who clued me in on Judyth being a fake.  I appreciated that as well.  

On the other hand, Lifton has yet to acknowledge my viewing a copy of the Zapruder film(s) in NYC in 1964, which I find disappointing, as I consider this to be of great significance. Others who have knowledge of this viewing and are still living refuse to talk about it.

Pamela,

Here is a good example of Lifton accepting as fact a KGB agent's story of Oswald in Mexico City:

BTW, I'm fascinated by your viewing of the Z film. Do you actually know others or remember the names of others who also saw the film at the time? You say that those still living refuse to talk about it. Did some who are now dead ever talk about it?

3 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Pamela,

Here is a good example of Lifton accepting as fact a KGB agent's story of Oswald in Mexico City:

BTW, I'm fascinated by your viewing of the Z film. Do you actually know others or remember the names of others who also saw the film at the time? You say that those still living refuse to talk about it. Did some who are now dead ever talk about it?

Thank you for that link; Lifton does definitely promote the Nicheporenko book.  I find that disappointing.  

As far as my viewing of the Zapruder, I have been on a quest -- once I realized how extraordinary this was -- to track down everything I can find about it.  When I began to put my 2013 NID presentation together (Midnight Blue to Black) I managed to locate the woman who went with me to the Charles Theater. I hoped she would make a statement that I could include in the presentation.  However, when I spoke to her by phone, she seemed frightened and refused to discuss it.  

A fairly well-known  person who was a NYC theater manager at that time came to my aid when I was tracking down the theater, -- I provided the description of what I recalled that included the interior of the theater and the general location which he was able to confirm, but he refuses to let me talk about him and his experiences.

Here is a link to the theater: http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/6017/photos/36029

I also contacted Mark Lane and asked for his help, as he was active in NYC at that time, but did not hear anything from him.  I have posted on this Cinema Treasures website asking for anyone who saw the film to contact me, but, as yet, to no avail.  And so, this fascinating quest goes on...

Edited by Pamela Brown

On 1/19/2019 at 1:27 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Paul:

The indications are that they are lying.

I have a CIA report from 11/23/63  on the phone communications at the Soviet Embassy.  Not one mention of Oswald being at that embassy.

Pretty incredible.

My idea about all this KGB endorsing of CIA legends is that I agree with Amy Wright, the illustrious Russian scholar.  She does not come out and say it, but she suggests that once the USSR started to crumble, and money got scarce, a lot of these guys decided, heck, there is no USSR anymore, Yeltsin is a drunken buffoon who is selling off the country anyway, so why not curry favor with the Brits and Americans and maybe make some money overtly and covertly.

And the Anglo/Americans were all too eager to oblige.  And boy did the former Russians do all they could to give the Americans what they wanted.  There were literally hundreds of thousands of dollars on the table to be made.  And that was just overtly.

Well, then, where did Mr. Hosty get his information about LHO being in MC? Wasn't that from CIA?  

53 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

Thank you for that link; Lifton does definitely promote the Nicheporenko book.  I find that disappointing.  

As far as my viewing of the Zapruder, I have been on a quest -- once I realized how extraordinary this was -- to track down everything I can find about it.  When I began to put my 2013 NID presentation together (Midnight Blue to Black) I managed to locate the woman who went with me to the Charles Theater. I hoped she would make a statement that I could include in the presentation.  However, when I spoke to her by phone, she seemed frightened and refused to discuss it.  

A fairly well-known  person who was a NYC theater manager at that time came to my aid when I was tracking down the theater, -- I provided the description of what I recalled that included the interior of the theater and the general location which he was able to confirm, but he refuses to let me talk about him and his experiences. I also contacted Mark Lane and asked for his help, as he was active in NYC at that time, but did not hear anything from him.  I have posted on a website for old NYC theaters asking for anyone who saw the film to contact me, but, as yet, to no avail.  And so, this fascinating quest goes on...

Thanks for sharing that, Pamela. At least you were able to find the person who went with you. And though she wouldn't confirm what you'd seen, I think her silence says a lot.

18 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

Pam,

Do you think this is the same version that

Rich Della Rosa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrRbkY9gEnQ

and

William Reymond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSdyqDBTpeo

said they saw?

Steve Thomas

Pamela,

To this day the CIA says that Oswald was in MC.  And they will tell everyone that.

Even though the evidence trail indicates they could not find a trace of him. 

17 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

Well, then, where did Mr. Hosty get his information about LHO being in MC? Wasn't that from CIA?  

Pam, Jeff Woosley of INS was a contact for Hosty...  they all knew the CIA was lying very early on....

if you’ve seen any of my MX stuff you know all of Nov was spent trying to find him

58caec6690c0c_63-10-22FBIMexi105-3702-not1980-124-10230-10424-OCTOBER22-INSWoosleygivestheScottOct16infotoFBI.thumb.jpg.8afcc873809856e222958fb017f21378.jpg

1 hour ago, Larry Hancock said:

This should prompt an interesting revisit of where Oswald was if he was not in MC according to the official story....where was he and what was he doing?   As I recall at one point he told Marina he had been in Houston job hunting...Houston anyone?

He was in Austin, at the Odio’s, and in Dallas

1173998817_CE2137-CorroborationthatOswaldwasinAustinonthewaytoMexico-maybefor2days.thumb.jpg.8c0e2501b7e41489349703f8a910e411.jpg

Mr. LIEBELER. When did you first become aware of the fact that this man who had been at your apartment was the man who had been arrested in connection with the assassination?
Mrs. ODIO. It was immediately.
Mr. LIEBELER. As soon as you saw his picture? 
Mrs. ODIO. Immediately; I was so sure.
Mr. LIEBELER. Do you have any doubt about it? 
Mrs. ODIO. I don't have any doubts.
Mr. LIEBELER. Did you have any doubt about it then?
Mrs. ODIO. I kept saying it can't be to myself; it just can't be. I mean it couldn't be, but when my sister walked into the hospital and she said, "Sylvia, have you seen the man?" And I said, "Yes." And she said, "That was the man that was at the door of my house." So I had no doubts then

Do you give any credence to the idea that Oswald was running around south Texas in and around October 3rd?

Oswald in Aliceland?

A Tale of Two Days: A Tale of Two Oswalds

by Chris W. Courtwright

Presented to JFK Lancer's *November in Dallas* Conference on November 21, 1997

http://jfklancer.com/Courtwright/Courtwright1.html

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

As I recall there are some equally good sources that put him in Houston,  also at McKewon's and of course there is the Abilene connection.  As to Odio,  having taken Sylvia entirely at her word for a very long time I'm not quite so sanguine any longer;  there is a case to be made that her sister Sarita and she may well have both had contact with Oswald within exile circles and that her hallway encounter story was a diversion.  Its worth noting that Martino knew the sisters were in Dallas and said so during his speech there; there is no obvious way he would have known the Odio's movements since research shows he was never in the same prison as her father.

Of course her Uncle in New Orleans certainly did know here whereabouts and was even at Oswald's trial there. In one conflicting remark Sylvia said her Uncle had written to her about Oswald in New Orleans; in other remarks she denied that.  As a counter Sylvia clearly wrote her father about suspicious visitors and he replied, warning her.  Not trying to resolve any of this here but for those who don't feel Oswald went to Mexico it certainly its worth reexamining all this...especially after David's study of the MC evidence.

If you write off Oswald in Mexico City clearly there are other leads to explore.

Edited by Larry Hancock