The Education Forum

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Derek Thibeault said:

I hate to agree with DVP as I am a CTer, but I just think Oswald had a better alibi if he said he was on the stairs outside. Maybe he was being cagey saying "of course he was there he works there". I wish we had a witness who saw him there, it would help lend credence to the picture.

But another thing to consider, Derek, is this....

If Oswald was really Mr. Prayer Man, we'd then have to believe that he immediately rushed back into the building and up to the 2nd floor within seconds of being captured on film as "Prayer Man", and we'd have to believe that Oswald was able to beat Baker and Truly up to the second-floor lunchroom, in order for LHO to be seen by Baker in the vestibule area of the lunchroom less than two minutes after the assassination had taken place.

Is such a thing even remotely reasonable to believe?

If so, then Mr. Oswald sure must have had a really big craving for that Coca-Cola at that exact point in time on November 22nd, huh?

--------------------------

Related Articles:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/07/reconstructing-steps-of-assassin.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/oswald-timeline-part-1.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-lunchroom-encounter.html

Edited by David Von Pein

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

As opposed to believing he immediately rushed down 4 flights of stairs to the 2nd floor lunch room?

Well.....yeah. (Duh.)

Difference being:

A person standing on the front steps couldn't be an assassin. And a person who was on the sixth floor at 12:30 could very well be an assassin and would have wanted to put as much space between himself and the scene of the crime as possible in the 90 seconds that immediately followed the murder that he himself had just committed.

You couldn't figure that out yourself, Andy?

Replay needed here ----- Duh!

Edited by David Von Pein

58 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

But another thing to consider, Derek, is this....

If Oswald was really Mr. Prayer Man, we'd then have to believe that he immediately rushed back into the building and up to the 2nd floor within seconds of being captured on film as "Prayer Man", and we'd have to believe that Oswald was able to beat Baker and Truly up to the second-floor lunchroom, in order for LHO to be seen by Baker in the vestibule area of the lunchroom less than two minutes after the assassination had taken place.

Is such a thing even remotely reasonable to believe?

If so, then Mr. Oswald sure must have had a really big craving for that Coca-Cola at that exact point in time on November 22nd, huh?

--------------------------

Related Articles:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/07/reconstructing-steps-of-assassin.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/oswald-timeline-part-1.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-lunchroom-encounter.html

yeah I tend to agree with you here.

2 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Well.....yeah. (Duh.)

Difference being:

A person standing on the front steps couldn't be an assassin. And a person who was on the sixth floor at 12:30 could very well be an assassin and would have wanted to put as much space between himself and the scene of the crime as possible in the 90 seconds that immediately followed the murder that he himself had just committed.

You couldn't figure that out yourself, Andy?

Replay needed here ----- Duh!

A person standing on the front steps couldn't be an assassin.  Bingo!  David you believe the official story.  If we can believe anything from Fritz copied notes made two or three days after he'd questioned Oswald it may be "I was out front with Shelly".

48 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

If we can believe anything from Fritz's copied notes made two or three days after he'd questioned Oswald[,] it may be "I was out front with Shelly [sic]".

No, we can't believe that "Out with Shelley" remark at all. That was most certainly another one of Oswald's many lies (see link below)....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1052.html#Out-With-Bill-Shelley-In-Front

Edited by David Von Pein

The 2nd floor lunchroom story has been discredited by Roy Truly's early testimony of seeing someone on the 4th floor and not the second.

And, we never have learned who that was.

Edited by John Butler

19 minutes ago, John Butler said:

The 2nd floor lunchroom story has been discredited by Roy Truly's early testimony of seeing someone on the 4th floor and not the second.

You no doubt meant to say Marrion Baker instead of Roy Truly there, John. Because Truly never said he encountered anybody on the 4th floor (except police officers). Truly always said the encounter with Oswald occurred on the SECOND floor---even in his first affidavit (from 11/23/63)....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-djogMaF_-g0/Tvw-eAI5W5I/AAAAAAAABxg/hFmp8gCMmRo/s1500-h/Roy-Truly-Affidavit.gif

Edited by David Von Pein

14 hours ago, Derek Thibeault said:

Jim, Interesting web site, thanks for the link. I hate to agree with DVP as I am a CTer but I just think Oswald had a better alibi if he said he was on the stairs outside. Maybe he was being cagey saying "of course he was there he works there". I wish we had a witness who saw him there, it would help lend credence to the picture.

You guys are missing the point.  When Oswald was asked if he killed the President, he didn't say, "Yes" or "No".  He said something to the effect of I haven't been charged for that crime.  You have to understand Oswald.  Just because he doesn't answer the way you or I would doesn't mean he's hiding something.

2 minutes ago, Rich Pope said:

You guys are missing the point.  When Oswald was asked if he killed the President, he didn't say, "Yes" or "No".  He said something to the effect of I haven't been charged for that crime.  You have to understand Oswald.  Just because he doesn't answer the way you or I would doesn't mean he's hiding something.

I tend to believe what he said, at least the stuff we have on tape from the police station. I know criminals lie, but my opinion is he didn't do it so I believe him but I still don't believe he was in the doorway. Doesn't mean I am right. For some reason, it's not what he says that strikes me but his reaction when told that he, in fact, was charged with JFK's murder. His face says it all to me.

14 minutes ago, Rich Pope said:

I understand he was hiding the fact he worked for the CIA.  CIA Officer James Wilcott  told us that through the HSCA years ago (thanks to Lisa P for reminding me of this).  He did ask for Someone to come forward to help him.  At some point he realized he was just a Patsy too.

I fail to see evidence proving it was LHO.  No witnesses say he was  on the steps as I recall.  He was either on the 6th floor or 2nd floor.  This is based on evidence.

Edited by Cory Santos

DVP: A person standing on the front steps couldn't be an assassin.

Just remember that DVP said this.  

My second comment: that whole second floor lunch room encounter has been decimated by, among others, Bart Kamp, Greg Parker, and Sean Murphy.  

It was manufactured and Baker never got his story together about it.  Anyone who supports that today, simply is either not aware of the new work, or is just denying the new facts.

IMO, if Baker had been cross examined on this point, really cross examined, the whole thing would have fallen apart.

50 minutes ago, Rich Pope said:

When Oswald was asked if he killed the President, he didn't say, "Yes" or "No".

You're wrong. Just before making his famous "I'm just a patsy" statement, he clearly said "No" when asked if he had shot the President....

REPORTER: "Did you kill the President?"

LEE HARVEY OSWALD: "No sir, I didn't. People keep asking me that."

I know you, Rich Pope, were probably ONLY referring to Oswald's "I have not been charged" comment that he made during the midnight press gathering. But as the video below proves (which occurred at 7:55 PM CST on 11/22), Oswald definitely did answer "No" when he was asked if he had shot JFK....

Edited by David Von Pein

51 minutes ago, Derek Thibeault said:

...it's not what he says that strikes me, but his reaction when told that he, in fact, was charged with JFK's murder. His face says it all to me.

The major reaction that I see from Oswald at his famous midnight press conference is more DISGUST and ANNOYANCE than it is surprise and/or shock. (Poor Lee Harvey truly looks annoyed and PUT OUT when he's being removed from that room right after his brief press conference.)

In other words [simulating Oswald's feelings at that moment] -- "HOW DARE THEY TREAT ME LIKE THIS! ALL I DID WAS KILL THE PRESIDENT AND A POLICEMAN! I'M GONNA SUE THESE DAMN COPS FOR CHARGING ME WITH AN ASSASSINATION I COMMITTED!"

More....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/01/oswald-midnight-press-conference.html

Edited by David Von Pein