The Education Forum

Now it can be told: Dag Hammarskjold

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you click through to an earlier story you well see something that I had no idea about.

Kennedy's ambassador to Congo, the visionary Edmund Gullion, suspected that Hammarskjold was shot down the night it happened!  And he suspected it was this guy.

We had to wait fifty years to learn that.  Its enough to give me a headache.

This makes my cover article for the first issue of Deep Truth Journal  look pretty prophetic.  It was titled, "JFK and the Congo Crisis".

There are several worthwhile Guardian articles on the crash, if one pursues all the click-throughs.  It seems that Europeans care about assassination of their leaders, even on the eve of Brexit.

Book on the incident:

https://guardianbookshop.com/who-killed-hammarskjold-503078.html

And this just in:

https://www.hurstpublishers.com/new-clues-to-1961-death-of-hammarskjold/

Edited by David Andrews

4 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Story in The Guardian today about new documentary on the Dag Hammarskjold plane crash.  Bullets involved:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/12/raf-veteran-admitted-killing-un-secretary-general-dag-hammarskjold-in-1961

Nice researching.  Thank you...

There's lots more DH material kicking around the net since this issue last came up on EF a couple years ago.  Here's an older documentary that cites a different Bad Guy pilot, who of course hit the DH plane by accident.  Very much worth seeing for its other charms:

Edited by David Andrews

The Williams book you linked to actually had a strong role in igniting all of this.

But who would have thought that it would have gotten to this point, with documentary films coming up at Sundance.

Kennedy called Hammarskjold the greatest statesman of the 20th century.  And he was.

To put it all on the line for Congo?

Hopefully, this will give some exposure to the whole Congo crisis and the murder of Lumumba.

IMO, the best part of Newman's Countdown to Darkness is his research and analysis on that affair.    Ike and Dulles ordered the assassination of Lumumba and then tried to cover it up.

https://jfkjmn.com/new-page-1/

I agree Derek.

I have been saying this for a long time.  From about 1997. At that time Lisa Pease and myself wrote a two part essay in Probe Magazine about JFK and the Congo and the murders of Hammarskjold and Lumumba.

Ever since that I have tried to stress how important Congo was in both the history of Africa, as a Third World struggle  and what huge stakes were on the table.  Three central actors had to be murdered for the imperial powers to win out: Lumumba, Hammarskjold and Kennedy.  And that is what happened.

I've heard, and it's been my belief that the Nutwork gives someone a warning to knock-it-off before they take someone out.  Maybe several warnings, but I don't have any proof of that.

Strong willed men like  Hammarskjold,  JFK, RFK, King, etc., had to have been given warnings.

Don't mess with the Nutwork.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

I agree Derek.

I have been saying this for a long time.  From about 1997. At that time Lisa Pease and myself wrote a two part essay in Probe Magazine about JFK and the Congo and the murders of Hammarskjold and Lumumba.

Ever since that I have tried to stress how important Congo was in both the history of Africa, as a Third World struggle  and what huge stakes were on the table.  Three central actors had to be murdered for the imperial powers to win out: Lumumba, Hammarskjold and Kennedy.  And that is what happened.

It was enough to draw attention to the subject to  create a country song about it before the assassination actually happened.  Uranium and Diamonds are valuable.

https://playback.fm/charts/country/video/1957/hank-thompson-rockin-in-the-congo

7 hours ago, Robert Card said:

I've heard, and it's been my belief that the Nutwork gives someone a warning to knock-it-off before they take someone out.  Maybe several warnings, but I don't have any proof of that.

Strong willed men like  Hammarskjold,  JFK, RFK, King, etc., had to have been given warnings.

Don't mess with the Nutwork.

If you watch that documentary I posted above, Hammarskjold's last writings express fear of assassination, and he wrote a will of sorts before flying to Ndola.  Perhaps the cameras documenting his airfield departure on the so-called "midnight flight" were intended as an insurance policy.