The Education Forum

Petition on the Assassinations of President Kennedy. Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy

John Simkin

Roy, the two Presidents I had in mind were Carter & Clinton.

Obama seemed to not want to veer too far into anything that would taint his legacy, especially things too controversial and anything that many might label as conspiracy loony like JFK, 9-11, UFO'S.

I think Obama knew ahead of time that the most important legacy he needed to create and leave as the first black President for future generations, was that a person of this racial type could do ( and did ) a steady and generally good job in the highest and most important leadership position in our society.

No big or even moderate risk taking to jeopardize that main historical legacy goal.

Obama surely didn't want to do something that black race haters could say was a horrible job and that you would expect.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the occasion of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a group of over 60 prominent American citizens is calling upon Congress to reopen the investigations into the assassinations of President John F. Kennedy, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., and Senator Robert F. Kennedy. Signers of the joint statement include Isaac Newton Farris Jr., nephew of Reverend King and past president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference; Reverend James M. Lawson Jr., a close collaborator of Reverend King; and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, children of the late senator.

The full statement can be read here:

https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKstatement.htm

Joe I see your point and agree to a point but I must add that Obama could not even pardon Jack Johnson, it took Trump to do that.  He released no records, again it took Trump.  His attorney general fought foi requests for information for years.

Few of the more liberal population (not talking about anyone here) yelling about rights ever question Obama signing one the defense acts, 2012 I think, which allows no trial for Americans under certain circumstances. (As to year I am going off memory) and they were silent when he admitted bombing a civilian by a drone was ok.  They never discuss monitoring and what has he released for Lance and the UFO community-for the record I dont believe UFOs visit us John Lear forgive me.  Bottom line, people inflate how great these people were, especially democratic presidents, without really looking at everything they did.  Few talk about China or how Nixon went against the military advisors to end Vietnam.  The media focuses on Watergate yet none of LBJs problems are discussed. No Gulf of Tonkin, his ties to mafia, geeze so many I can't  even list.  No we hear of the great society and the civil rights act.  Yet Pres. Bush signed the clean air and water act and the ADA into law and appointed justices not based on party.  Yet all you hear on him usually is negative.  The press glorifies dem. Presidents and is neutral to hostile to Republicans.  Probably because many executives at the organizations are related to dem. Politicians, staff, party, etc.  Lastly, this void created fox and right news sources which now has been filled.  If in the 80s and 90s there was balance, there is a chance these organizations and talk shows would not have appeared.  But Obama did nothing on the JFK issue. 

Edited by Cory Santos

I disagree.

Richard Nixon fought the declassification of his records until they day he died in 1994.  At that time less than 20 per cent of all this records, tapes and papers, had been released.  Even though he had been out of office for almost 20 years.  Nixon himself did this by hiring a fleet of lawyers to argue his special case.  Therefore we did not get any real release until the new millennium.

And we then found out why he did this.  Nixon's courtiers like Buchanan and Price tried to tell the press that somehow RMN was some kind of foreign policy maven.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Nixon was an unadorned follower of Foster Dulles, a dyed in the wool Cold Warrior.  He and/or Kissinger presided over three of the worst post war genocides: Bangladesh, East Timor, and the worst, Cambodia.

Nixon dropped more bombs on Indochina than LBJ did. By about a million tons.  But what made that worse is that both he and Kissinger knew that the war could not be won when they ascended into office in 1969. But they kept it going for four years anyway just so that Nixon would not be tagged with losing the war on his watch. Then he unleashed the Xmas bombing when Hanoi decided they had to take some of Thieu's objections back to the Politburo for discussion.  Nixon then lied about that.  Le Duc Tho did not want to come back after the Xmas bombing.  Nixon had to ask him to return.  And he still did not want to come back.  It was the Chinese who talked him into returning.

And let us not leave out Allende and Chile.  Never forget one of the great comments on that by Kissinger: "I don't see why we have to sit back and let a country go communist just because the people voted for it."

How stupid were Nixon and Kissinger?  Reagan and Thatcher both thought that Gorbachev was a real reformer.  Nixon and Kissinger were so wedded to the Cold War that they advised Reagan not to deal with him.  In fact, Nixon was so thick that he told Reagan's advisors not to leave him in a room with Gorby alone. And this is why Reagan turned down the great Iceland offer.  Nixon and Kissinger never merited the reputations which they held for so long.

Very few people on the left of center think Obama accomplished much of anything domestically except his rather poor healthcare plan that is simply too expensive.  In foreign policy, maybe not invading Syria?  But that is about it.  As far as the War on Terror, he was pretty much the same as W.

LBJ today is one of the most piled on of all recent presidents. For example, Philip Nelson has made a career out of this.   You know, killed his own sister, along with about seven other people etc.

In reality, Reagan was a guy who pretty much started the whole deindustrialization of America and the whole transfer of wealth to the top ten percent.  But he is today still canonized by much of the media. And. ignoring all the missed opportunities with GOrby, they still say he ended the Cold War.

I could not stomach watching the week long hagiography of Bush 1.  I mean if you have ever read any good books about that guy, he was in reality a criminal.

I mean people are now saying because of Trump that W really was all that poor.  When, in fact, he was a disaster.

But that is how much of a downward slope we have had since 1963.

1 hour ago, John Simkin said:

On the occasion of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a group of over 60 prominent American citizens is calling upon Congress to reopen the investigations into the assassinations of President John F. Kennedy, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., and Senator Robert F. Kennedy. Signers of the joint statement include Isaac Newton Farris Jr., nephew of Reverend King and past president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference; Reverend James M. Lawson Jr., a close collaborator of Reverend King; and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, children of the late senator.

The full statement can be read here:

https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKstatement.htm

How do we sign the petition?

It might be gone but not permanently.

I think the embargo was on until Saturday night.

I got on Coast to Coast last night around 4:45 AM.  I was surprised they took me so late; I hardly had to wait to get on.  Ian Punnett was the guest host (what an apparent oxymoron, ey?).  IP was very receptive to me telling about this historic petition/statement.  And he gave me a good lead.  He said he periodically checks on the Daily Mail websites, both the American and British versions, because they tend to be a good barometer of popular preferences.

17 hours ago, Roy Wieselquist said:

I got on Coast to Coast last night around 4:45 AM.  I was surprised they took me so late; I hardly had to wait to get on.  Ian Punnett was the guest host (what an apparent oxymoron, ey?).  IP was very receptive to me telling about this historic petition/statement.  And he gave me a good lead.  He said he periodically checks on the Daily Mail websites, both the American and British versions, because they tend to be a good barometer of popular preferences.

Good for you Roy.

Edited by Joe Bauer

John et. al.: Many thanks for your service to this cause, now and in the past. I'm sure that the thousands of us -- all who have tried in so many ways, for so many decades, to impress the importance of these matters on members of Congress, the media and the general public -- are hoping the best for this effort. I will be especially interested in learning the extent and quality of public discussion that follows in the wake of your announcement. Again, thanks. And good luck to all of us.