The Education Forum

Petition on the Assassinations of President Kennedy. Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy

John Simkin

14 hours ago, Charles Drago said:

On behalf of Chris Courtwright, William Xanttopoulis, and the late George Michael Evica, I wish to express our gratitude to the powers that be who, knowingly or not, have followed our lead and reinvigorated the concept of a Truth and Amnesty (now Reconciliation) Commission for JFK (currently expanded to include RFK, MLK, and Malcolm X) that we originated and first brought to the public's attention in 1997.

Although neither I nor any other surviving founder of the earlier Commission was consulted during formation of its contemporary iteration, we are flattered to have had our concept developed all these years later, and we wish the Commission Godspeed.

Yes it is necessary.  Your posts among others inspired me to keep reading years before I dared post here.  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I suggested that they contact the office of AOC.

I told them, look send her my article on RFK which was one of the ten most popular ones at Consortium News this year.  She will then see that he was a heck of a lot closer to her than he was to Steny Hoyer, the guy she beat and the other dinosaurs.  And she might sign on and so might Pressley.

Ron, they are working on that issue right now.  I will let you know about it when its finalized and you can sign.

Look forward to this. Really hope something comes of this.

Slightly off topic.. and I realise theres probably alot of people you could add to the assassinations list.

But adding the John Lennon assassination (due to the Operation 40 links) to this petition or another similar might help bring attention to this cause. Especially to the younger generations. Perhaps getting Yoko and Macca to sign it.

From what i've read Lennons assassination wasn't investigated thoroughly, and things like the autopsy documents aren't available.

On 1/22/2019 at 5:30 PM, Lewis Reynolds said:

Slightly off topic.. and I realise theres probably alot of people you could add to the assassinations list.

But adding the John Lennon assassination (due to the Operation 40 links) to this petition or another similar might help bring attention to this cause. Especially to the younger generations. Perhaps getting Yoko and Macca to sign it.

From what i've read Lennons assassination wasn't investigated thoroughly, and things like the autopsy documents aren't available.

What are the links? This is news to me.

This from the Washington Post???

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kennedy-king-malcolm-x-relatives-and-scholars-seek-new-assassination-probes/ar-BBSIJAe?li=BBnb7Kz

Congratulations to Lisa Pease and her book A Lie Too Big To Fail being mentioned in it.

Can we sign the petition yet?

Edited by Ron Bulman

On 1/22/2019 at 12:55 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Excuse me to the longhairs.

But it was published in France.

https://www.nouvelobs.com/histoire/20190121.OBS8876/60-personnalites-veulent-rouvrir-les-enquetes-sur-quatre-assassinats-des-annees-60.html

Incredibly Jean Daniel is still alive and edits this journal.

Jim,

Just a quick side note:

In that same issue is an article about the history of Congo. I don't know if it would contribute in any way to your reflections on the Hammarskjold murder.

https://www.nouvelobs.com/monde/afrique/20181220.OBS7462/les-mains-coupees-du-congo-une-horreur-de-la-colonisation.html

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yup. And here's the same article published on The Washington Post itself!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2019/01/25/kennedy-king-malcolm-x-relatives-scholars-seek-new-assassination-probes/

This is the most effective article I've read so far IMO. It downplays the signatures of Hollywood stars and instead emphasizes those of the families and scholars. I think that plenty of people who are interested in what Hollywood thinks are already conspiracy believers. It's the college educated who need to be educated. Because these are the people who think they are so smart that they "know" there is no such a thing as a real government conspiracy. These people need to be shown that serious, well educated scholars are convinced there are conspiracies and are actively studying the evidence and writing articles and books on their findings.

This article was written by Tom Jackman, a Pulitzer prize winning reporter who has been covering crimes for The Washington Post for twenty years. I can tell by his writing that he is sympathetic to the cause.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

On 1/22/2019 at 9:30 AM, Lewis Reynolds said:

Lewis - since the Lennon assassination link to Op 40 was news to me I did some searching. Seems like everything available repeats the same info without enough sourcing. I have always wondered if Lennon’s murder was political. Have you looked deeply into this theory?

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Yup. And here's the same article published on The Washington Post itself!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2019/01/25/kennedy-king-malcolm-x-relatives-scholars-seek-new-assassination-probes/

This is the most effective article I've read so far IMO. It downplays the signatures of Hollywood stars and instead emphasizes those of the families and scholars. I think that plenty of people who are interested in what Hollywood thinks are already conspiracy believers. It's the college educated who need to be educated. Because these are the people who think they are so smart that they "know" there is no such a thing as a real government conspiracy. These people need to be shown that serious, well educated scholars are convinced there are conspiracies and are actively studying the evidence and writing articles and books on their findings.

This article was written by Tom Jackman, a Pulitzer prize winning reporter who has been covering crimes for The Washington Post for twenty years. I can tell by his writing that he is sympathetic to the cause.

The article came out six hours ago.  I was surprised both at the WaPo article itself and that it was on MSN.  When I first saw the headline I thought oh no, a hatchet job.  But surprisingly again, it wasn't.  It's already Not front page news on MSN.  They've already taken it down.  You have to look for it now.  I guess somebody slipped up and let it through for awhile.  I wonder if they've been reprimanded yet.

18 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Lewis - since the Lennon assassination link to Op 40 was news to me I did some searching. Seems like everything available repeats the same info without enough sourcing. I have always wondered if Lennon’s murder was political. Have you looked deeply into this theory?

No i've never looked in to it other than what i've read on the net. I wouldn't know how or where to start.

Would make sense it was a politocal murder, he was someone who could rally together alot of people (fans) for protests etc.

Also its the same lone nut story.

19 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Paul, I spoke on a radio interview with Cynthia Lennon, John's first wife, some years ago, and asked her what she thought of the theory that he was murdered for his political ideas, and her cryptic reply was "I can't comment on that". I wondered then and still wonder now, why she said it.

1 hour ago, Ray Mitcham said:

Paul, I spoke on a radio interview with Cynthia Lennon, John's first wife, some years ago, and asked her what she thought of the theory that he was murdered for his political ideas, and her cryptic reply was "I can't comment on that". I wondered then and still wonder now, why she said it.

Interesting. I wonder what Yoko and Pauls views are.