The Education Forum

This is worrisome for the Web

From one of the best news sites out there, the late Bob Parry's  Consortium News

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/01/18/narrative-control-firm-targeting-alternative-media/

When one combines this with what I have heard about what Google is doing with their search engine, its kind of discouraging.  I heard about this from Russ Baker and I then tested it.

I did a four part series on the Kennedys and Civil Rights.  If you punch that rubric into Bing or Yahoo, it will come up on the first page 2-3 times.

If you punch it into Google, it comes up once. Maybe this is why?

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/dec/20/googles-earth-how-the-tech-giant-is-helping-the-state-spy-on-us

There is a war on for the space between your ears.  And these guys will try anything to win.  As Thomas Jefferson said, the price of liberty is eternal vigilance. 

DuckDuckGo only and even then be suspicious. Asking Google something is like asking Agent Smith something. Even Bing is better. You actually have to know what you're looking for to find the video of Jack Ruby confessing to a conspiracy after shooting Oswald. Search "JFK Assassination conspiracy" on Youtube and the most conspiratorial thing you'll find is the New York Times Umbrella Man video. We NEED a free-speech based social media network with no algorithms besides what's most popular.

Edited by Micah Mileto

Thanks for that Micah.  I did not even know that browser existed.  It looks good.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Thanks for that Micah.  I did not even know that browser existed.  It looks good.

Jim,

I can't speak to its results, bur I have read that DuckDuckGo doesn't retain your search history as the other search engines do.

Steve Thomas

Thanks Steve, that is even better.

Cory, Duck Duck Go works as well as Google?

You are speaking from experience I assume?

Because Yahoo does not.

48 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Cory, Duck Duck Go works as well as Google?

You are speaking from experience I assume?

Because Yahoo does not.

Startpage the search engine is also an allegedly more objective version of Google. It's owned by Google, but the search results (again, allegedly) aren't tailored to data gathered on you.

Edited by Micah Mileto

I never heard of either one of those.  Am I glad I started this thread.

I posted on this some time back about a month or so.  Things have not gotten any better.  In fact they have gotten worse.  I am practically at a standstill trying to research any area of the Kennedy Assassination.  What I get is mainly Lone Nut sites, unrelated material, or Kennedy information that has little to do with the research question.  An example, I am to lazy to look through all the files I have to find out who was the lady sitting in the grass near the Grassy Knoll after the assassination.  (I've forgotten her name more than once because I haven't found a way to say what I want about her.  She is an important figure that I feel has been altered or placed there for effect but, I can't really find a reasonable way to express what I am seeing). 

A quick search on the net should have produced the answer.  I have done this before and obtained an answer which is in my files.  And, now nothing vaguely related to the question.

As far as other search engines I have found them less than Google.  More correctly, less than what Google used to be.  Now, it is a different tune.

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

An example, I am to lazy to look through all the files I have to find out who was the lady sitting in the grass near the Grassy Knoll after the assassination.  (I've forgotten her name more than once because I haven't found a way to say what I want about her.  She is an important figure that I feel has been altered or placed there for effect but, I can't really find a reasonable way to express what I am seeing). 

A quick search on the net should have produced the answer.  I have done this before and obtained an answer which is in my files.  And, now nothing vaguely related to the question.

John,

I guess you'd have to decide if the woman in question is a younger journalism student or a 36 year old woman:

http://22november1963.org.uk/jfk-assassination-grassy-knoll-witnesses#arnold-mckinnon-bowers-hoffman

Cheryl McKinnon

Another possible witness whose presence in Dealey Plaza cannot be substantiated is Cheryl McKinnon, a journalism student who claimed to have been standing on the north side of Elm Street.

Cheryl McKinnon does not appear to have offered an opinion on the source of the shots, or indeed on the assassination itself, until 20 years afterwards, when she wrote an account of her experiences for her newspaper: (San Diego Star–News, 22 November 1983)

“I had prepared for days to be in the plaza. As a journalism major in school, my plans were to write a story about my experiences as a class project.”

“Cheryl McKinnon is frequently identified, without any supporting evidence, as the woman wearing sunglasses who is seen in several films and photographs, crouching on the grass. The woman in question has also been identified by Karen Moore, a contributor to an online forum, as her mother, Doris Mumford. Photographs uploaded to the forum are consistent with the identification of the woman as Doris Mumford, who at the time of the assassination was 36 years old and living in Richardson, a few miles north of Dallas. In a comment on the excellent jfkfacts.org blog, Karen Moore writes that her mother was standing near William Newman, and “heard three shots, they came from behind her, and she saw the life leave the President’s face.””

Steve Thomas

Thank Steve,

As soon as I saw it I remembered.  My poor old brain has a bad habit of not keeping track of things I don't use on a regular basis.  Or, haven't quite figured what to do with.  Doris Munford.  Thanks again.

I can't really specify what I see wrong with Munford.  Is she a cut and paste figure in that location due to some of the lines of her form are too straight and too long suggesting something unnatural or is it I think she is in different places in different photos and films before or after the Stemmons sign.

There is a low probability that I might be right but, it is not defensible due to the time element. 

There are a lot of (should say many) people in Dealey Plaza whose exact position can't be verified.  The Hesters are two.  Their statements place them on the north side of Elm and the south side of Elm.  As a couple they are not consistent.  I do remember reading old threads on these people that I think were never really resolved.  The time period is roughly 2006 with Jack White's Mystery Witnesses.  I searched for info here on the Chisms and received several hits with interesting info which Jack's thread one of them.

The Chisms were interesting to me because their statements can be read as them hearing shots when the presidential limousine was at the SW corner of the TSBD.  They were interesting also because they are among the small number of witnesses that saw Kennedy standing as the limo turned into the Elm / Houston intersection or shortly thereafter.

Those early threads had to do with identifying whose who in the photos and films involving Newmans and Chisms.  A simple way to determine is their children.  The Newmans have two and the Chisms have one.  But, then you run into the Bronson frame showing what I think is two couples with one child in different locations in the same frame that could be the Chisms.

Edited by John Butler

On 1/24/2019 at 1:22 AM, James DiEugenio said:

From one of the best news sites out there, the late Bob Parry's  Consortium News

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/01/18/narrative-control-firm-targeting-alternative-media/

When one combines this with what I have heard about what Google is doing with their search engine, its kind of discouraging.  I heard about this from Russ Baker and I then tested it.

I did a four part series on the Kennedys and Civil Rights.  If you punch that rubric into Bing or Yahoo, it will come up on the first page 2-3 times.

If you punch it into Google, it comes up once. Maybe this is why?

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/dec/20/googles-earth-how-the-tech-giant-is-helping-the-state-spy-on-us

There is a war on for the space between your ears.  And these guys will try anything to win.  As Thomas Jefferson said, the price of liberty is eternal vigilance. 

Jim,

There is one reason I use BING and not Google.  Because It's Not Google.

Thanks