The Education Forum

Abraham Bolden reports on his pardon petition

Abraham Bolden wrote on Facebook yesterday:

Pardon Request Update

After having been denied a pardon under Presidents Nixon and President Clinton, in the year 2015, I filed again during the presidency of Barack Obama. President Obama never responded to the Petition for Pardon Due to Innocence nor did any person from his office reply to me personally. I also solicited the aid of the Congressional Black Caucus to no avail. After President Trump took office, a letter was written to the president and in June, 2018, President Trump ordered an investigation into my petition. I have been interviewed by the FBI and several of my references and college friends have been interviewed. Background checks and neighborhood interviews have also been concluded by the FBI. There has been no final decision; however I am hopeful that president Trump will act favorably and grant the petition.

Hopefully justice can be done, even if it happens under the most unqualified and even dangerous President ever.

Hope it happens before Trump is possibly forced to resign.

Talk about a Patriot getting screwed by his government.  Serving it protecting the President, run out of the Whitehouse because of the color of his skin.  Then for trying to speak truth to it about the assassination of that President he is framed for a crime he didn't commit and sent to prison.  After such treatment he still has the courage to speak truth to power and writes a book about his ordeal.  He doesn't just deserve a pardon, he deserves a medal of honor.

But to acknowledge him with a pardon would be to admit the Truth.

We should all thank Mr. Bolden for his service.  JMO. 

What a film Bolden's story would make...but the society shaking truths it would expose are way too threatening to the powers to be.

There should also have been a major A list movie star motion picture made of Dorothy Kilgallen as well. But this has always been blocked for similar reasons.

Edited by Joe Bauer

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

What a film Bolden's story would make...but the society shaking truths it would expose are way too threatening to the powers to be.

There should also have been a major movie star A list motion picture made of Dorothy Kilgallen as well. But this has always been blocked for similar reasons.

How about Denzel Washington in the starring role?

Thanks

Actor David Oyelowo looks more like Bolden. Younger than Denzel too.

Actor David Oyelowo poses at a screening of the film

Actor David Oyelowo poses at a screening of the film "Selma" during AFI Fest  Photo: REUTERS

What is one to make of the fact that Obama did nothing, but Trump is at least investigating the case?

Obama was such a disappointment.

It was apparent before his inauguration in 2009 that he would waste a golden opportunity to make meaningful change via selection of his cabinet. He governed exactly as I expected after that. It seemed like every move, or non-move, was designed to secure his post-presidency speaking fees.

Abraham Bolden wrote on Facebook today:

To John Daley: You inquired about the part that The Honorable Thurgood Marshall played in having my application denied before the U.S. Supreme Court. He was the Solicitor General at the time that my Attorney filed for certiorari. My attorney was of the opinion that since the late Justice Marshall had played such a major role in defending the rights of “Negroes” in the 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education case, we erroneously surmised that as Solicitor General, he would be sensiti...ve to the violations of my constitutional rights as an Agent of the United States Secret Service during my unlawful arrest, illegal removal from Washington, D.C., denial of an attorney after being returned to Chicago, and the marked judicial prejudice exhibited by the trial judge. Apparently, the Honorable Justice Marshall had a change of perspective as to the civil and human rights of ALL citizens of this country after he was appointed to the position of Solicitor General. Unfortunately, these changes of attitude by those of us that use the tribulations and hopes of a downtrodden people to advance their personal goals in this society often become a part of the problem instead of the solution. Many of our “leaders” have stood on the backs of the poor and so called disadvantaged until they reap some benefit from the ignorance of the people. That kind of debauchery is what I have dedicated my life to bring to an end. And let there be peace

Nice one Abe.

BTW, I have to ask, has anyone done any work connecting the Homer Echeverria accusations to the Chicago Plot?

I thought maybe  Bill Kelley may have.