The Education Forum

The Garrison Files

Not sure if anyone saw this video from John Barbour yesterday. He is talking about some released Garrison Files. Interesting video and I think John does a great job with his films on the case.

A lot of this information is interesting.  But there are a couple of mistakes.

John says he does not know if Ted Cruz dad was named Miguel. Cruz' father is named Rafael not Miguel.

That picture at 8:37 is Shaw, it might be Ferrie, but it is not Oswald. 

The Federal Reserve Order was not what people say it was.  It was only a technical correction.  But Kennedy was trying to loosen up the flow of money, bypassing the Fed, through his currency comptroller James Saxon.

If Garrison told John that LBJ reversed Kennedy's Indochina policy within 48 hours that is amazing.  Because that did not come out until many years later.  And according to John Judge's mother, who worked at the Pentagon, the order to crank up troop deployments did come through very quickly after JFK's death.  I was not aware of that one. 

Where are these files going to be held at?  Baylor?  Rex Bradford?

Fascinating....

According to Mr. Barbour, these newly released files were originally sent by Jim Garrison to the HSCA (which, I would assume, buried them).  They were ordered destroyed by Harry Connick, Sr. when he became New Orleans DA after Garrison.

I'd also like to know more about the mechanics of his newly released material.  Will the documents be posted online?  I sure hope so.

“Let justice be done though the heavens fall!”

Regards the mention of "Miguel Cruz" in Garrison's papers and his possible involvement with Oswald during the time Oswald was in N.O. and doing his political leaflet hand out work there, we do know that "Rafael Cruz Sr." had indeed moved to New Orleans just months before Oswald's activities.

Rafael Cruz Sr. proudly details in his life recollections his noticeable political activism work in Texas right up to the time he moved to N.O. This included speaking to groups in public forums about his experiences in and views on Cuba during Batista's time and after Castro took over.

But in searching Rafael Cruz Sr.'s Bio info I could never find any mention of his political ( or personal ) life and Cuba issue political activity work in N.O.

It's a black hole in his memoirs.

It's as if Cruz Sr. completely stopped any of this as soon as he arrived in N.O..

Which I find highly unlikely and suspicious.

New Orleans was perhaps the first or second hottest hot bed of Cuban resistance activity ( Miami the other ) and Cruz being already well known as an outspoken anti-Castro activist in Texas, surely immediately knew some of the more important figures in the N.O. Cuban community ( Carlos Bringuier especially ) and should have been immediately known by them as well.

How could anti-Castro Cuban activist Cruz Sr. live in a city like New Orleans at that time and not "at least" have kept up with his fellow activists there or had some contact with them to some degree?

And Cruz Sr. surely must have known about the Bringuier/Oswald leaflet confrontation as it made the local newspaper headlines and was even reported on N.O. radio and TV.!

Supposedly dropping immediately and completely out of the highly energized, exiled expatriate Cuban activity world in New Orleans seems totally out of character and illogical for a man so dedicated and committed to this cause back in Texas which wasn't as energized and involved as New Orleans was at that time.

Rafael Cruz Sr. will not even go there when asked about his time in New Orleans and the black hole in his biography regards this.

I would like to ask Cruz Sr. if he kept up at all on the hot and heavy Cuban political scene in New Orleans while he was there and if not...why not ... contrary to his much bragged about political activism in Texas just before moving to N.O.?

And also ask him if he was aware of the Oswald/Bringuier angry confrontation affair in downtown N.O. and what he made of it and Oswald?

I'm sure Rafael Cruz Sr. will never answer those questions.

I have to believe Cruz Sr. had some contact and interaction with his fellow Cuban expatriates during Oswald's and his mutual time in New Orleans. 

Cruz's political activism history right up to N.O. suggests he should have been involved with many things Cuban there and perhaps even including some connection to Oswald if only in a curious interest capacity.

Rafael Cruz Sr. has a reputation of kind of a flim-flam man. So his complete silence and/or denials about anything nefarious on his part politically during his time in New Orleans when Oswald was doing his thing there...is justifiably suspect.  IMO.

Oh, and perhaps Rafael Cruz Sr, occasionally used the alias first name " Miguel" back then. He was involved in covert work at various times of his life, at least in Batista times.

In the well known photo of Oswald handing out leaflets in N.O. in 1963 with another young man also handing out these alongside Oswald, and that has been rumored to be Rafael Cruz Sr.  ( as seen at the 4:27 mark in Barbour's video above )  this person does indeed resemble Rafael Cruz Sr. relative to the published pics of Cruz Sr. as a young man. Thin build, head and forehead shape and height, facial features, hair line, hair color, length, style, ear shape, size and their sticking out distance from the head.

Oswald and the other leaflet holding man look about the same age ( Cruz Sr. was born the same year as Oswald - 1939 ) and they are dressed exactly the same way.

One cannot argue convincingly that the other man in this photo with Oswald looks nothing like Rafael Cruz Sr. at that age.

Edited by Joe Bauer

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

A lot of this information is interesting.  But there are a couple of mistakes.

John says he does not know if Ted Cruz dad was named Miguel. Cruz' father is named Rafael not Miguel.

That picture at 8:37 is Shaw, it might be Ferrie, but it is not Oswald. 

The Federal Reserve Order was not what people say it was.  It was only a technical correction.  But Kennedy was trying to loosen up the flow of money, bypassing the Fed, through his currency comptroller James Saxon.

If Garrison told John that LBJ reversed Kennedy's Indochina policy within 48 hours that is amazing.  Because that did not come out until many years later.  And according to John Judge's mother, who worked at the Pentagon, the order to crank up troop deployments did come through very quickly after JFK's death.  I was not aware of that one. 

Where are these files going to be held at?  Baylor?  Rex Bradford?

Yeah surprised he got that wrong about Cruz's dad. I didn't think he was saying the picture was Oswald but I know in a lot of other places people say it is him but the picture is not even close to Oswald. I don't understand if he has access to these files why is he just doing mini videos and not getting them out for people to review. Or will he? Does this mean Destiny Betrayed 3rd edition will be on its way?

I really go not know where these came from.  I do know that John was one of the few people in communication with Jim Garrison in the seventies and eighties.  So Garrison may have given him some of these before his son Lyon gave me what he had left over from the estate.

But to be frank, some of these I do not recall seeing in the collection I sorted out.

So, maybe there will have to be a third edition.

And Dave Emory will interview me over two months again.

10 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Fascinating....

According to Mr. Barbour, these newly released files were originally sent by Jim Garrison to the HSCA (which, I would assume, buried them).  They were ordered destroyed by Harry Connick, Sr. when he became New Orleans DA after Garrison.

I'd also like to know more about the mechanics of his newly released material.  Will the documents be posted online?  I sure hope so.

“Let justice be done though the heavens fall!”

The more I learn about Harry Connick, Sr.'s role in undermining the truly heroic work of Jim Garrison, the less interest I have in listening to my old Harry Connick, Jr. jazz CDs.  How could a jerk like Harry Connick, Sr. have sired such a gifted young jazz artist?  It's like finding out that Wynton Marsalis's father used to be a CIA/mafia gun-running colleague of Davide Ferrie.

He quotes Stanton very confidently and says "LBJ blackmailed JFK  into going to Dallas by threatening that he'll personally see to it that JFK wasn't reelected". He's doesn't say at all how. Certainly politically, LBJ was in way too weak a position to touch JFK. i suppose they could end up dragging  each other through the mud? How prudent would that be? So we're to assume some other leverage  really dastardly? No detail, no clarity, some innuendo. You need more.---i don't buy it. 

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

LBJ was going to be dropped from the ticket. I wonder more it's what Hoover had on him that they could use against him. Hoover was probably getting fired as well. Harry Connick Jr. may have a great voice but I heard he has a temper, I know he got into some trouble with a gun or something a few years back.