The Education Forum

JFK Assassination Panel with Roger Stone and Jim DiEugenio

I think that right winger, an early hero of mine, John Wayne, said Not Hardly.

Since you brought up John Wayne....

This is what should be done to conspiracy theorists every time they say "Oswald didn't shoot anybody that day" ....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zlbz-XpnuEAZVSBM4Muzd9rhpS_qnvzS/view

Edited by David Von Pein

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've viewed the Buzzsaw interview three times in the last couple of years.

With Roger Stone being criminally charged now it makes the interview even more interesting.

I noticed Jim Di refrained from commenting at all ( but with an eye roll? ) when the subject of Judyth Vary Baker came up, as well as E. Howard Hunt's end of life "LBJ did it" confession.

Roger Stone comes across as a reasonable, calm and even nice guy to a point.

But still, there is something off about Stone imo.  Dual personalities maybe?

Here is a guy who has been performing seriously unethical political "dirty tricks" for decades and for, it seems, anyone who will pay him the highest amount of money to do so. He's an amoral mercenary in this regards.

I don't know how much money Stone, or Corsi, or O'Reilly or Stephen King, or even Bugliosi or Jessie Ventura made for their JFK event books, but the subject seems an almost guaranteed book advance gold mine for people who already have a famous name.  Didn't O'Reilly's sell a million copies?

Jim Di, I am sure you critiqued Stone and Corsi's JFK event books  Did you grade them highly?

And as I have mentioned many times, I always totally agree about LBJ being much more corrupt than any writer has ever described. To a murderous degree. 

I believe Madeline Brown's recollection of LBJ angrily "growling" into her ear the night of 11,21,1963..."after tomorrow those  G.D.Kennedy's will never embarrass me again. That's no threat, that's a promise."

Speaking of corruption of our highest leaders;  '

Hoover? Please.

Nixon gets a $500,000 bribe and pardon's Jimmy Hoffa? The Mafia's guy Spiro Agnew is placed on the Nixon ticket? Robert Maheu? Donald Nixon?

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

There is no academic research supporting the Warren Omission BS.  LHO did not do it.

Actually Ron there is.  See, in law school,  when I wrote an academic article for potential publication in an academic journal, I found several such articles which I referenced in my paper.  That goes back to my point with David, one has to review all the evidence, facts, and research to then formulate ones own theory.  Then when evidence is contradictory to your conclusion you address it.  Then others will analyze your data, research, and conclusions and test them.  That is how it works.  His opinion is therefore deficient if he has not read Professor McBrides work.

Edited by Cory Santos

This is Joe's reply to Dale "Single Bullet Fact" Myers and his review of his book.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/myers-dale-with-malice-lee-harvey-oswald-and-the-murder-of-officer-j-d-tippit

For the record, we reviewed the Corsi book, but not Stone's.

I simply could not figure out Stone.  In fact, I think that is the way he wants it.

As per McBride's book, one of the many virtues of it is that it allows you to fill in a timeline for what Tippit was doing from about 12:30 to the time he was killed.

McBride gives you information that is not in the WR in that regard.  And once you read it, you understand why its not there.  Consider the following:

1. Tippit at GLOCO station looking out at the viaduct which connects up with Dealey Plaza.

2.  Tippit pulling over a car, rushing to the passenger side of the rear seat and looking to see if anyone is on the floor.

3. Tippit rushing into the record store to make a call, and then rushing back out to head for his doom.

Now, try and find any of this in the WR.  You will not.  What kind of fact finding body was the WC then?:drive

Edited by James DiEugenio

3 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Since you brought up John Wayne....

This is what should be done to conspiracy theorists every time they say "Oswald didn't shoot anybody that day" ....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zlbz-XpnuEAZVSBM4Muzd9rhpS_qnvzS/view

Ever see the end of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence? It's basically the inspiration for the RFK Assassination.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

3. Tippit rushing into the record store to make a call, and then rushing back out to head for his doom.

Jim,

Until somebody can explain J.D. Tippit's and Ray Hawkins's phone calls, I'm not going to believe anything about anybody.

Steve Thomas

15 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

This was the highest rated article at Kennedys and King last year.  And on Dave Giglio's Our Hidden History it has 35,000 views.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-tippit-case-in-the-new-millennium

I take no credit for any original work in that essay.  The lion's share goes to Joe McBride's book.

Great article, Reasonable Doubt was the first Kennedy Assassination book I read and it started me down this obsession with the case. Is Henry Hurt still alive? Has anyone discovered what happened to Clemmons? Did she truly just fall off the face of the earth, does she have living relatives?

Is the Tippett case always connected to the Kennedy Assassination when the cases are relooked at? Has there ever been an independent opening of this case only? If tried in court they would be separate.

What did you think of Corsi's book on the JFK assassination Jim?

Could you provide me a link to your review? Thanks.

Any reason why you didn't critique Roger Stone's book on the assassination?

It's suspiciously curious to me that you have Bugliosi writing a book supporting the Warren Commission and their final report and conclusion, and trashing "conspiracy" books, their writers and their believers as "conspiracy" nutcases.

Then Bugliosi writes another book about the 2,000 presidential election and Florida vote count stoppage by the Supreme Court "The Betrayal Of America" that suggests a conspiracy to undermine our democratic voting process that borders on treason! And Bugliosi didn't buy the RFK death finding final report? He's supporting the conspiracy angle of that case?

What an illogically conflicting configuration of conspiracy belief tenets. Guess there's worthy conspiracies that don't automatically make one a nutcase if they believe them versus unworthy ones?

Jerome Corsi writes book after book promoting conspiracies. Everyone casting Democratic party and leftist political leaders and their followers as the boogie man...but then he writes one on the JFK assassination that goes completely against his entire career left versus right political beliefs?

Roger Stone same thing?

Did these writers take on these obviously incongruous literary efforts because they simply felt a book on the JFK assassination was just a guaranteed book selling gold mine too easy and good to pass up?

If so, how disingenuous.

Watched an interview of Jerome Corsi on MSNBC the other day where he was defending his innocence and promoting his truth telling image to a national audience regards the Mueller investigation by planting specific points of selective facts in his presentation.

He has always seemed to me to be a very suspiciously motivated and financed person in the world of political writing. And he said something in this interview that seemed particularly ominous.

He mentioned his "training" in some agency capacity regards how to evaluate and deal with political issues?  Need to pull this interview up again to quote him directly.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Derek:

I think Hurt is still alive, but I am not positive.  To my knowledge, things got too oppressive for her in Dallas and Clemmons decided to leave. In  relooking at the Tippit case, I think Garrison was correct on the diagnosis: It was meant to inflame the Dallas police against Oswald.  And did it ever.

Joe:

I did not review the Corsi book, Vasilios Vazakas did:

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/corsi-jerome-who-really-killed-kennedy

As I said, I was not able to figure out Roger Stone so I did not review his books. Here you have a guy who is a staunch Nixon devotee, who suddenly wants to write a book about Nixon's beta noire JFK and how he died mysteriously?  Everything the GOP became after 1964 was in opposition to Kennedy, so what was Stone up to? 

Steve:

Hawkins had a pass to the Carousel Club on him in the theater right?  What calls do you refer to of his?

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Steve:

Hawkins had a pass to the Carousel Club on him in the theater right?  What calls do you refer to of his?

Jim,

I know he had a Carousel pass. I don't know if it was on him.

From the WC testimony of T.A. Hutson (who was riding in the car with him):

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/hutson.htm

Mr. HUTSON. We proceeded west on 10th Street to Beckley, and we pulled into the Mobil gas station at Beckley and 10th Street.
Mr. BELIN. That is a Mobil gas station?
Mr. HUTSON. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mr. HUTSON. And Officer Ray Hawkins and Officer Baggett went inside of the Mobil gas station. And I am not positive, but I think they used the telephone to call in.
I am not positive, but I believe they gave us a call for us to call. I mean their number to call in.
At the time they were in the service station, I heard the dispatcher give a call that the suspect was just seen running across the lawn at the Oak Cliff Branch Library at Marsalis and Jefferson.
I reached over and blew the siren on the squad car to attract the officers' attention, Officers Baggett and Hawkins, and they came running out of the service station and jumped in the car,...

1) I don't find any such call on the dispatch tapes - either the Dispatcher calling them, or them responding, or them telling Dispatch that they would be out of the car.

2) Baggett was in the back seat. Why was it necessary for Bagget to go in the gas station with Hawkins?

3) Hawkins was not asked about this call when he testified to the WC, nor did he volunteer any info about the call when he offered a chronology of his actions that day.

4) Baggett didn't testify to the WC, and his after-action report to Curry - DPD Archives Box 2, Folder# 7, Item# 1, and Hawkins' Report (Box 2 Folder# 7, Item# 18) fail to mention anything about this call.

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box2.htm

4) I've tried to find a Mobil gas station at 10th and Beckley, looking at all four corners of the intersection using Mapquest, but came up short. My inexperience with using property tax records I guess.

Steve Thomas

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 3:55 PM, David Von Pein said:

Jim's above article notwithstanding, I still hold strong to my previous comment in this thread....

"How any reasonable person could think Oswald was not guilty of J.D. Tippit's murder too is something I just cannot even begin to fathom at all." -- DVP

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2011/04/index.html#JD-Tippit

It is absolutely reasonable to conclude that LHO did not shoot anyone that day when the evidence is considered today. I would love for the case to go to court officially and Mexico City comes up where someone clearly impersonated LHO on the telephone, not to mention clarifying the Odio incident...We also have the late SR/CI Chief Pete Bagley stating to Blunt that LHO had to be a witting asset. Do I dare mention Westbrook and his very suspicious role within the DPD (among notable others?) These are whats called game changers, powerful counterpoints to the historical narrative we've been given officially. As a result, we must rethink what we think we know about LHO or the assassination narrative as a whole.

B.A. Copeland said:

It is absolutely reasonable to conclude that LHO did not shoot anyone that day when the evidence is considered today. I would love for the case to go to court officially and Mexico City comes up where someone clearly impersonated LHO on the telephone, not to mention clarifying the Odio incident...We also have the late SR/CI Chief Pete Bagley stating to Blunt that LHO had to be a witting asset. Do I dare mention Westbrook and his very suspicious role within the DPD (among notable others?) These are whats called game changers, powerful counterpoints to the historical narrative we've been given officially. As a result, we must rethink what we think we know about LHO or the assassination narrative as a whole.

We don't need the DPD at all to determine LHO's guilt in the Tippit murder. For all reasonable people, the MANY witnesses who positively IDed Oswald at or near the murder scene (with gun in hand) certainly should suffice.

"Oswald just being in the area of J.D. Tippit's murder brandishing a pistol is extremely incriminating circumstantial evidence of LHO's guilt." -- DVP; May 11, 2009

Edited by David Von Pein

7 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

We don't need the DPD at all to determine LHO's guilt in the Tippit murder. For all reasonable people, the MANY witnesses who positively IDed Oswald at or near the murder scene (with gun in hand) certainly should suffice.

"Oswald just being in the area of J.D. Tippit's murder brandishing a pistol is extremely incriminating circumstantial evidence of LHO's guilt." -- DVP; May 11, 2009

ya now its getting bad when you quote *yourself*. re LHO killing Tippit.

Weak, really weak promotion David!

Edited by David G. Healy