The Education Forum

JFK Assassination Panel with Roger Stone and Jim DiEugenio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really studied the Tippit case. But didn't Captain Westbrook have Oswald's wallet in his possession at the Tippit scene, even though Oswald still had his wallet at the Texas theater? And wasn't this information buried and then later rediscovered?

If so, that alone is proof that Oswald was being framed for Tippit's murder.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

Sandy, yes that is all correct.

Sandy,

There is no proof that Westbrook had Oswald's wallet at the Tippit murder scene.

And if Oswald's wallet HAD been found right there at the murder scene, why on Earth wouldn't the cops (who were FRAMING OSWALD, according to you) have wanted to shout that fact to the world?! It makes no sense.

Lots of good info re the Tippit murder (and "the wallet") can be found at the blog below....

https://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/search?q=Tippit+Westbrook

Edited by David Von Pein

2 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Sandy,

There is no proof that Westbrook had Oswald's wallet at the Tippit murder scene.

No proof??

LOL, oh please. I just did a little looking around and here is what I found:

1. Dallas TV station WFAA has film footage of DPD police officers looking over a wallet found at the Tippit scene.
  2. In the late 1990s, officer Kenneth Cory revealed that an unidentified civilian handed the wallet to him.
  3. In James Hosty's book Assignment Oswald, Hosty wrote that when FBI agent Bob Barrett arrived at the Tippit Scene, Captain Westbrook was going through a wallet that had been found there and asked Barrett if he knew anything about Lee Oswald or Alek Hidell.
  4. There is a YouTube video of Bob Barrett relating the same story himself. Barrett points out the obvious... that the names must have come from the wallet. (!!)

So there you have it... proof that Oswald was being set up for Tippit's murder. (Given that Oswald's real wallet was gotten from him later, on his way back from Texas Theater.)

2 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

And if Oswald's wallet HAD been found right there at the murder scene, why on Earth wouldn't the cops (who were FRAMING OSWALD, according to you) have wanted to shout that fact to the world?! It makes no sense.

First, it was the CIA framing Oswald, not the DPD. Second, no I would not expect the police to be shouting anything to the world. Especially given that it contradicted the story of Oswald's real wallet.

23 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

We don't need the DPD at all to determine LHO's guilt in the Tippit murder. For all reasonable people, the MANY witnesses who positively IDed Oswald at or near the murder scene (with gun in hand) certainly should suffice.

"Oswald just being in the area of J.D. Tippit's murder brandishing a pistol is extremely incriminating circumstantial evidence of LHO's guilt." -- DVP; May 11, 2009

Again, Mexico City and Odio. LHO was being impersonated (and, logically framed). We don't know exactly who shot Tippit today. There were too many strange incidents going on and frankly, I consider myself pretty reasonable. I've looked at the evidence, perhaps not all, but some for sure. There definitely seems to be evidence of someone who looked like LHO. I mean you have a guy who believe for well over a decade that LHO was arrested in the rear of the Theater lol...we also have White's and Wise's story. We have that crooked Westbrook, Kenneth Croy, the timing issue (for LHO and the ambulance for Tippit), a number of wallets, Gerald Hill....I mean I think a reasonable person, after studying, would conclude that to say LHO did it is too simple given the complex body of evidence we have on the day in question and the crime itself. Did I mention we now have Tippit's father saying that Tippit was looking for LHO? As time passes, we must conclude that the official story we've been given just doesn't fit with the evidence. Someone shot Tippit but it (more than likely) was not LHO.

Sometime ago Simpich did a wonderful short video on Tippit:

Its worth checking out even if only to dismantle (or add to) his thesis there.

8 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

There is a YouTube video of Bob Barrett relating the same story himself. Barrett points out the obvious... that the names must have come from the wallet. (!!)

CTers like to jump to unprovable conclusions, don't they?

And if a wallet with the names "Lee Harvey Oswald" and "Alek James Hidell" in it had really been found at the site of J.D. Tippit's murder, then ANYONE who was (allegedly) framing Oswald---whether it be the CIA or the Dallas Police Department or Stafford, Indiana, Police Lieutenant Philip Gerard (from "The Fugitive")---of course would have been shouting "We found Oswald's wallet next to Tippit's body!" to the world. And they would have simply made the other wallet "disappear" (the one taken from LHO in the police car). That's as obvious as can be.

But it's fun to watch you CTers tie yourselves into pretzels as you try to explain to the world why the cops wouldn't want to reveal that LHO's wallet was found on 10th Street (especially within the framework of the usual conspiracy theory that has the DPD framing the man whose wallet was allegedly found).

It's similar to the amusement that can be derived from listening to conspiracy theorists as they try to explain why the "real" assassins in Dealey Plaza decided to complicate their plot to an absurd degree by shooting at JFK from the Grassy Knoll, even though they were attempting to set up a patsy in the Book Depository Building. It's hilarious---especially Mr. Lifton's "sophisticated strategic deception" malarkey.

But, Sandy, it's nice to know that you don't think the Dallas Police Department framed Lee Oswald for any murder in 1963 (not even J.D. Tippit's) ---

"...it was the CIA framing Oswald, not the DPD." -- S. Larsen; 2/7/19

You're certainly in the vast minority at this forum when it comes to that particular issue.

(I wonder if you'll change your mind tomorrow?)

Edited by David Von Pein

Do you know how dangerous that wallet, which was actually filmed, is to DVP and his mentor  VB?

In his inflated, pretentious and vapid doorstop book, Bugliosi tried to deny it was Oswald's. 

No joke.

He tried to say it was really Tippit's wallet.  Even though there is documentary evidence it could not have been Tippit's wallet.  I go into all this in The JFK Assassination: The Evidence Today. (p. 126)  DVP never called out his master on this issue.

Clearly what happened is that the police realized they had a problem.  If Oswald had a wallet on him in the cruiser car down to the station, then how could they explain the wallet at the Tippit scene?  Would it not suggest that somehow, someone created this other wallet to frame Oswald?  (And then it got even worse with the third wallet at the Paine's.)

It is astonishing that the WC never even mentioned this issue when there was a film of it in Dallas for all to see.  This is what kind of fact finding body  they were.

18 hours ago, David Von Pein said:
On 2/7/2019 at 7:38 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

There is a YouTube video of Bob Barrett relating the same story himself. Barrett points out the obvious... that the names must have come from the wallet. (!!)

CTers like to jump to unprovable conclusions, don't they?

Well the names Oswald and Hidell had to come from somewhere, right David?

I don't know when exactly the name Oswald began circulating around the DPD on 11/22/63, but it probably wasn't that soon (assuming there was no funny business going on). But let's just stick with the Hidell name for now, for argument's sake. How the hell did that name happen to pop into Westbrook's brain while he was there at the Tippit scene? Through divine revelation? Extrasensory perception?

Of course not, fool! It obviously came from the wallet Westbrook was looking at at the time. Either that or he was a part of the plot and interjected the name on his own.

This is not a case of jumping to a conclusion. It is a case of reasonable deduction.

It is also reasonable deduction to conclude from this that Oswald was being set up. Especially when you discover that the Tippit scene wallet doesn't match the wallet at the National Archives. All the other stuff supporting this conclusion is just gravy.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

On the topic of the Tippit scene's throw-down wallet, does anyone really believe that, for all the places LHO supposedly went on 11/22/63, the one place he drops his wallet is at the scene of the crime of murdering a Dallas police officer? 

I, for one, check and recheck if my wallet is in place several times when I go anywhere, don't guys just naturally do that?  Anyway, to think that LHO either accidentally or intentionally threw his own billfold down after shooting Tippet is just ridiculous.  As is the bread-crumb trail of spent pistol cases being dropped all over the scene.  It's obvious to me that someone worked hard to frame LHO/Hidell for the Tippit shooting.

Thanks

RIck:

Isn't that hysterical?

Oswald somehow forgot that he happened to drop his wallet at the scene of the crime?

When in fact, according to the official story, the Hidell name would link him to both the handgun and the rifle.

Chris:  I am not sure if that reporter commentary is the same one from when the film was made, or it if was dubbed in later.