The Education Forum
Tony Krome

Backyard Photo Observation

Ray,

You are just adding to the nonsense of Chris'.  You fellows need to get a life and stop trolling with disinformation.  There is not enough data to scientifically rationalize what happens in 2001 and 2002 to what happened in 1961, 1962, and particularly to the single year 1963.

When I first entered the forum a few years back I posted the notion that in a photo, I don't really remember whether it was a Bond, a Bothun, or a Altgens photo, on the different directions the shadows of people going up the Grassy Knoll.  There were several different directions.  I was told that the shadows went in different directions because the people were going up the hill.  Unbelievable.  It was a moron response.  Sounds like the same thing below.  Shadows change their directions simply because they fall on different surfaces.  Give me a break! 

I'll pay attention to such foolishness when you can provide me with a reputable scientific source saying something like that.  Provide a source from a scientist, preferably one in optical physics.

"ALL THE DIFFERENT DIRECTION ARE EXPLAINED BY THE FACT THAT SOME SHADOWS FALL ON A SOUTH FACING SURFACE, OTHERS ON A WEST FACING SURFACE. STILL OTHERS FALL ON A HORIZONTAL SURFACE LIKE THE GROUND AND OTHERS ON A VERTICAL SURFACE. SOME THAT FALL ON A  WEST FACING VERTICAL SURFACE  LIKE THE POST OR HIS PHILTRUM, OTHERS ON A SOUTH FACING VERTICAL SURFACE. OTHERS APPEAR TO BE MOVING LEFT TO RIGHT IN THE 2D IMAGE BUT ARE ACTUALLY MOVING WEST TO EAST. WHEN YOU CONSIDER THESE VARIABLES ALL THE SHADOWS MAKE SENSE.

I THINK WE HAVE TO DISCOUNT JACK WHITES OBSERVATION ABOUT THE BLOOMING SEASON IN TEXAS. I MENTIONED BEFORE THAT IF YOU GO INTO GOOGLE EARTH AND USE THE HISTORY DATE/TIME SLIDER YOU WILL FIND YEARS WHEN  214 NEELY ST WAS FULL BLOOMED IN FEBRUARY AND OTHER YEARS WHEN IT WAS BARON IN MARCH. THAT IS FACTUAL INFO THAT PROVES WE CANNOT RELY ON THE LOOK OF THE PHOTO TO DETERMINE THE DATE."

Edited by John Butler

John, I am not saying that the examples were it bloomed in February and did not bloom by March 21st can tell you what happened March of 63. what it does tell you is that the  possibilities of when it bloomed can range from February to after March 21st. So the bushes on 3/31/63 could have been bare or bloomed. That makes it impossible to determine the date by the lack of blooming. If there is a record of when it bloomed in 63' maybe this could be resolved. I could not find records other than daily cloud and rainfall, temp etc. If it bloomed in February or March of 63' you would have an interesting case. But Jack White claiming it does not bloom by March is factually wrong. The Google Earth map showed it blooming in February. 

"Shadows change their directions simply because they fall on different surfaces.  Give me a break!"

When a shadow falls on a surface that is slanted it changes the appearance of shadow angles. Anyone can test this very easily. Take a piece of paper and a pen. stand below a light and hold the pen and paper so you see the shadow of the pen on the paper. Now change the angle of the paper a bit. You will see the shadow angle change as you change the angle of the surface it falls on. the photo shows a radical example with angle 90s degrees apart. 
  Here is a photography site that shows this principle. http://www.betterphotography.in/features/shadow-theatre/6222/attachment/bob-smith_us/

Since you believe people are spouting dis information you should test this for yourself with the paper and pen experiment I mentioned above. 

EDIT:
Also the telephone line shadow on the post demonstrates how it changes it's 'apparent angle from West face to it's South face. But if you suspect it or any of the images I posted are shopped you can just look at your own image in your member photo. The shadow of your face that lands below your right shoulder changes angles as it travels across the fold in your shirt.  

stair shadows.jpg

fence shadow.jpg

Edited by Chris Bristow

On 2/15/2019 at 10:11 PM, Chris Bristow said:

John, I am not saying that the examples were it bloomed in February and did not bloom by March 21st can tell you what happened March of 63. what it does tell you is that the  possibilities of when it bloomed can range from February to after March 21st. So the bushes on 3/31/63 could have been bare or bloomed. That makes it impossible to determine the date by the lack of blooming. If there is a record of when it bloomed in 63' maybe this could be resolved. I could not find records other than daily cloud and rainfall, temp etc. If it bloomed in February or March of 63' you would have an interesting case. But Jack White claiming it does not bloom by March is factually wrong. The Google Earth map showed it blooming in February. 

"Shadows change their directions simply because they fall on different surfaces.  Give me a break!"

When a shadow falls on a surface that is slanted it changes the appearance of shadow angles. Anyone can test this very easily. Take a piece of paper and a pen. stand below a light and hold the pen and paper so you see the shadow of the pen on the paper. Now change the angle of the paper a bit. You will see the shadow angle change as you change the angle of the surface it falls on. the photo shows a radical example with angle 90s degrees apart. 
  Here is a photography site that shows this principle. http://www.betterphotography.in/features/shadow-theatre/6222/attachment/bob-smith_us/

Since you believe people are spouting dis information you should test this for yourself with the paper and pen experiment I mentioned above. 

EDIT:
Also the telephone line shadow on the post demonstrates how it changes it's 'apparent angle from West face to it's South face. But if you suspect it or any of the images I posted are shopped you can just look at your own image in your member photo. The shadow of your face that lands below your right shoulder changes angles as it travels across the fold in your shirt.  

stair shadows.jpg

fence shadow.jpg

John doesn't believe in tests. He never tried the post shadow experiment which was suggested to him.

Your shadows are consistent.  They move away from the light source.  That is what shadows do.

Once again in the simplest part of the argument.  The step shadows move from the left side of the photo towards the right.  The shadow of the Oswald figure moves in a different direction.  It moves from the right side of the photo to the left side of the photo.  This gives you two light sources (suns) in the photo.  It is a clear fraud.

None of your warped reasoning is going to convince me otherwise.  You are wasting your time and mine.

One last comment.  My id photo has multiple light sources.  The photo was taken in a restaurant in Savannah, GA several years ago.  Lights over head in different places.  A strong light from the windows at the front of the restaurant. Multiple light sources = multiple shadow directions.