The Education Forum

Backyard Photo Observation

Tony Krome

22 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

It would be interesting to learn which one of the three photographs (A, B, or C) were shown to Oswald four hours before they were officially found and brought back to police headquarters.

Have you seen a LNer explanation for this?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

My hunch is that it was 133-C that was shown to Oswald - the one that stayed hidden for so many years.

Steve Thomas

I agree. Unfortunately, we will probably never be able to determine this conclusively because the HSCA failed to ask the proper questions. 

By what means did the Dallas Police come into possession of a backyard photo on Friday night, Nov 22? Why was the fact of this possession hidden from the record? Why was 133-C hidden from the record, even as the Secret Service and (probably) the FBI were aware of it? (more technical) What format did 133-C come to DPD possession - a negative only? a "drugstore photomat" print like the other two? some other contact print?

I believe the answer to the first question likely leads directly to the person(s) responsible for setting Oswald up as the patsy.

Looking back at the 4 photo montage, I can see that I was not very clear so this may help on the tree branch protruding into the 11-63? photos, Those allegedly taken on 11-29-63.

byp-tree-limb-in-11-29-photos-1.jpg

Edited by John Butler

8 minutes ago, John Butler said:

What I am attempting to show is that the photos labelled 11-63? might be taken at a later time than 11-29-63.  In 133-C and the CBS photo we do not see that shrub in front of the steps support or the tree branch protruding into the other photos.  This suggest a later date for those photos labelled 11-63?.

Okay. What would mitigate against that is the presence of a BYP on Friday, Nov 22 - identified by witnesses as the same photo as appeared in Life February '64 - and also the descriptions of the photos discovered on the afternoon of Nov 23 provided by Curry in a press conference that same evening, which are consistent with details seen in 133-A-B-C.

3 hours ago, Michael Cross said:

You need to take your phone outside and photograph the shadows from vertical lines looking into and away from the sun.  Like I did.  

Do the experiment or withdraw your criticism of Ray, because he's correct.  The visual phenomena is known as 1 point perspective, and it can be replicated.  So do some work.

I need to do no such thing.  Ray and I have been at cross purposes for years on this issue and others.  He likes to prove that I am mistaken on this and other issues.  This is one of his milder emergences.  In actually, he is simply redirecting the conversation away from the topic at hand.

2 minutes ago, Tony Krome said:

Was it Friday night or Saturday?

The official claim is that the photos were discovered Saturday afternoon Nov 23 with Oswald's possessions, but two witnesses including Michael Paine saw a backyard photo in the possession of Dallas police on Friday night, Nov 22, and Captain Fritz refers to this photo in his notes around noon on Saturday, some hours before they were "found".

10 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

Okay. What would mitigate against that is the presence of a BYP on Friday, Nov 22 - identified by witnesses as the same photo as appeared in Life February '64 - and also the descriptions of the photos discovered on the afternoon of Nov 23 provided by Curry in a press conference that same evening, which are consistent with details seen in 133-A-B-C.

Are you talking about 133-A and 133-B?  They were made public.  133-C didn't surface until later.  It is one of the photos around at the time.  It was kept sub rosa from the public and others for years.  Yet, Mrs. Roscoe White had one (133-C) in her possession for years.  Any notion on how she obtained that?

I'm not talking about those photos.  I am comparing those photos to the ones allegedly taken on 11-29-63 that I have labelled 11-63?

Edited by John Butler

1 minute ago, Jeff Carter said:

The official claim is that the photos were discovered Saturday afternoon Nov 23 with Oswald's possessions, but two witnesses including Michael Paine saw a backyard photo in the possession of Dallas police on Friday night, Nov 22, and Captain Fritz refers to this photo in his notes around noon on Saturday, some hours before they were "found".

If you can help out with the name of the other witness, I'd be appreciative. 

6 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

Yep.  That's the story.  However, it still doesn't give any information on why there is a dead shrub or un-foliated shrub and a tree limb in the 11-29-63 photos.  Are you saying Michael Payne saw one of those?

It would be interesting to know the other two witnesses.

Edited by John Butler

Jeff Carter says,

"The claims by DPD officer Bobby Brown were made many years after the fact. There is no information to contradict what he says, but there is also no information to corroborate what he says. "

So, does this mean I can take what he says as truth?

4 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Yep.  That's the story.  However, it still doesn't give any information on why there is a dead shrub or un-foliated shrub and a tree limb in the 11-29-63 photos.  Are you saying Michael Payne saw one of those?

It would be interesting to know the other two witnesses.

He said two witnesses, one was Michael Paine who divulged Neely St as well. We just need the name of the other witness.

Michael Paine described seeing a backyard photo on Friday night Nov 22 in his Warren Commission testimony taken March 17, 1964.

Washington Evening Star reporter Jerry O'Leary described seeing a backyard photo in the hands of Dallas Police officers on either the evening of Nov 22 or the morning of Nov 23 to interviewing FBI officers, as noted in FBI DeLoach to Mohr 2-25-64.