The Education Forum

Then went outside to watch the P. parade

Guest Bart Kamp

38 minutes ago, François Carlier said:

At best, it is not an alibi, it is a statement.
Besides, they do not say that Oswald was outside "when" the president passed by. You know very well that they didn't think that Oswald was outside when Kennedy passed by, since they believed that Oswald was shooting from the sixth floor. Therefore, they couldn't have meant to say that he was outside at the time the motorcade passed by. At best, they wrote that down in an effort to quote Oswald, knowing full well that he was lying.

You've inadvertently raised an important issue here. The difference between Oswald's statements about where he was and his actual official signed Statement.

Unfortunately we don't have an official Statement from Oswald do we. 

We only have the notes of his interrogators and they say that that Oswald said he was 'in the vestibule', 'come out to this front part', at 'the front entrance to the first floor', 'saw the excitement' etc.

If Oswald had ever been allowed to give an official Statement it would have contained all this information about his whereabouts which would have technically been known as his alibi. Whether it was true or not would have been up to the courts to decide. But we never even got to hear that alibi did we.

Why do you think we don't have an actual Statement from Oswald? He was charged with shooting the President. Where was his Statement?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich,

1 hour ago, Rich Pope said:

John,

That's not true.  My wife is a 3rd grade teacher and they teach cursive to their students.  Just to be sure it wasn't just her school district, I called the Rockwood School District (the best in Missouri and one of the best in the nation) and they teach it, then I called a private school (Torah Prep in Missouri) and they teach it, then I called a rural school district Troy RIII and they still teach it.  Now as the students get older and the teachers get more lazy, in middle school and high school the teachers write on the board with manuscript so some of the skills might get lost.  But it is still a requirement, at least in the state of Missouri.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Here in the county in which I live and taught for nearly 30 years has done away with cursive writing about 2000 or just a few years later.  I may be wrong but, I think most of the country has done the same.  I am glad to hear that some people in some places have conserved the traditional way of doing things.  At least those folks in those areas will still be able to read documents from the past and not lose the ability to know history first hand. 

Rich,

Cursive writing, once learned, is a faster, easier way to communicate by writing.  The problem is reading what those who do not practice writing correctly, such as young students, write.  As a teacher you learn to deal with that.  It has served for centuries and I see no reason to chance things.  But, I am not in control.

I think the reason that Oswald did not give a statement was that he never had an attorney.

Also, because the police never plopped down a pen and paper and asked him to write down what he was doing that day from noon on.

2 hours ago, Rich Pope said:

I don't want it changed at all.  Besides, what female wants a Valentine's Day card written in block letters?  How romantic is that?  Guys, step-up your game!  Practice your cursive and throw in a few love letters to your better half!

Ditto!

45 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

I think the reason that Oswald did not give a statement was that he never had an attorney.

[...]

"he never had an attorney." Having one would of screwed up the goings on at the DPD that afternoon/evening, for SURE.

Edited by David G. Healy

By the way,  has DVP had a couple of bad weeks in a row or what?

First, he looked silly with the wallet found at 10th and Patton.  Which his mentor, Vince Bugliosi, actually wrote was Tippit's wallet.  In my book, The JFK Assassination: The Evidence Today, I showed this was provably wrong.  But somehow Davey failed to note this in his puff piece "review" of the door stop.

Now, he is desperately trying to escape this new evidence through semantics, plus the fact that Oswald was never allowed the opportunity to write his own declaration.

I mean, talk about desperation time.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Let's not enable paid pro-government trolls such as DVP by responding to them. That plays into their hands. They

keep trying to tie up forums with their false claims in order to distract

from real discussions and evidence, and they are successful.

Edited by Joseph McBride

2 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

Let's not enable paid pro-government trolls such as DVP by responding to them. That plays into their hands. They

keep trying to tie up forums with their false claims in order to distract

from real discussions and evidence, and they are successful.

Boycott the nutters!

On 2/10/2019 at 3:19 PM, François Carlier said:
On 2/10/2019 at 12:29 PM, Bart Kamp said:

There is going to be a lot of exclusive material to be released and the filthy deniers better start strapping in coz there's a tsunami coming 💪

Yeah, bring your tsunami.
I challenge you.
I hereby publicly state that you are wrong.
We'll see who wins in the end...

Here we have a perfect example of LN "reasoning," with Francois saying Bart is wrong before he (Francois) even sees the material.

This is further demonstration that Francois is an ideologue.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

On 2/10/2019 at 3:34 PM, David Von Pein said:

But even if the handwritten notes were written by James Hosty (and they probably were; I'm not arguing that they weren't), then IMO it's just another in a long list of lies being uttered by Lee Oswald after he was arrested.

David,

The point of this Hosty find isn't that Oswald is exonerated. The point is that Oswald's alibi was covered up. Even by Hosty himself in his book.

And so it is proof that the authorities lied. Not that Oswald did.

This is a yet one more blow to your side... though I don't expect you to recognize it so.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

16 hours ago, François Carlier said:

Fritz's notes have this : "Claims second floor Coke when officer came in". There you have the second floor encounter in someone's notes.

The phrase I made bold above was clearly added to Fritz's notes later? How do we know that? Because with that added statement in place, the sequence of events is wrong.* (See below) Yet without the statement there the sequence of events is correct. Second, look at Fritz's notes and you will see that there was plenty of space to add that statement later.

*With the statement added, the Oswald/Baker incident occurs first, followed by Oswald's lunch and the shooting. Which, of course, makes no sense.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

13 hours ago, Vanessa Loney said:

David, I'm referring to Fritz and Holmes WC testimony. I'm sure you know it.

Holmes said that Oswald said he 'had come out to this front part' at 'the front entrance to the first floor'.... That is the TSBD doorway.

Fritz said that Oswald said he came outside and 'saw all the excitement'. Oswald couldn't have seen the excitement from the 2nd floor lunchroom. It was windowless.

You must be joking with this.

In both of those testimony excerpts, Holmes and Fritz are clearly referring to a time which was AFTER the assassination had taken place, not WHILE the shooting was occurring. That fact couldn't be clearer.

So, as I said yesterday (and it seems I was correct)....

"I don't know where you got the idea that the specific "Presidential Parade" statement shows up anywhere in the notes or reports of J.W. Fritz and Harry Holmes. As far as I know, neither Fritz nor Holmes said anything about LHO saying he watched the "P. Parade"."

From the Hosty/Bookhout report:

"Oswald claimed to be on the first floor when President John F. Kennedy passed this building." [WCR, page 613]

From Captain Fritz' report:

"I asked him what part of the building he was in at the time the President was shot, and he said that he was having his lunch about that time on the first floor." [WCR; page 600]

Edited by David Von Pein

11 hours ago, Rich Pope said:
On 2/9/2019 at 6:57 AM, John Butler said:

\\\\\Bart,

Most young people in the US can not read anything cursive or hand writing.  The practice of teaching cursive hand writing stopped in the 1990s or there abouts and students today are taught writing with block capitals.

This is just another of many degradations of the American educational system.

John,

That's not true.

The teaching of cursive was being done away with earlier in the century, but is gaining acceptance in the curriculum again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/once-all-but-left-for-dead-is-cursive-handwriting-making-a-comeback/2016/07/26/24e59d34-4489-11e6-bc99-7d269f8719b1_story.html?utm_term=.a215f635e220

I think it is supposed to be taught in third grade, but so far it hasn't been taught to our third grader.