The Education Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rich Pope

TSBD Shooters

What do you think of these two shooters on the 6th floor of the TSBD:

1.  Malcolm Wallace

2.  Frank Sturgis

Rich

Wallace is discussed in some length in Mellen's recent LBJ book FAUSTIAN BARGAINS and she doesn't buy the notion of Mac being part of the JFK hit at all. I don't have any immediate suggestions as to who was there though. If Sturgis was a TSBD shooter - news to me - it would make that part of THE LAST INVESTIGATION where a Sturgis buddy makes a crack about Frank being the killer of JFK even funnier.

Unless you admit that there were different, uncoordinated shooting teams and positions in Dealey, then I don't see Wallace there at all.  If the fingerprint is accurate, he may have been on the sixth floor days earlier, monkeying with book cartons.  But in the wide world of period criminal enterprise, it's odd that Wallace's print was the only one appearing in the "sniper's nest."  Where's Nestor Izquierdo's prints?

Edited by David Andrews

7 hours ago, Rich Pope said:

1.  Malcolm Wallace

2.  Frank Sturgis

Rich

If you look very deep, objectively?  Ridiculous, maybe deception.  Someone shot from the sixth floor, at least a couple of times.  As a distraction. To draw attention away from where real shooters were doing so.

Assassin on the 6th floor

Any professional assassin worth his salt would not plan show his barrel in full sunlight and blast away in front of a big crowd.

The same assassin would also have to run the risk of navigating an escape past potential employees who would immediately notice a stranger.

But a distractor worth his salt would plan show his barrel in full sunlight and blast away in front of a big crowd.

The same distractor would also have to run the risk of navigating an escape past potential employees who would immediately notice a stranger.

What are we left with if we discount Oswald?

1. An employee that served to distract

2. A stranger that distracted and bears a striking resemblance to an employee

3. A stranger that distracted and had both an ingenious escape plan and a prior ingenious entry plan

Possible answers to the above

1. An employee with a dubious alibi or an employee with conflicting statements

2. Look for employees that were described differently on the day. An example would be Mrs. Robert Reid seeing a person in a WHITE SHIRT ONLY

3. An ingenious escape plan may have been up instead of down, hide, then emerge later in uniform. An ingenious entry plan would have been to come down from above after accessing the building during the night

10 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Unless you admit that there were different, uncoordinated shooting teams and positions in Dealey, then I don't see Wallace there at all.  If the fingerprint is accurate, he may have been on the sixth floor days earlier, monkeying with book cartons.  But in the wide world of period criminal enterprise, it's odd that Wallace's print was the only one appearing in the "sniper's nest."  Where's Nestor Izquierdo's prints?

Roger Stone says Wallace was one of the shooters.  Probably based upon the fact that Wallace leaves a fingerprint on one of the boxes.  Also, Wallace was a trusted LBJ hit man.  It would also explain the description of witnesses saying a dark complexioned man was seen in the window prior to the assassination.  Someone made the point that a seasoned assassin wouldn't have part of his gun protruding from the window for others to see.  Maybe Oswald was up there, just too dumb to take the necessary precautions.  There is a partial palm print of Oswald on the rifle even though the paraffin test was inconclusive.  Yet again, no prints on the casings or the surviving bullet found at Parkland.  So, maybe the shot came from the Dal-Tex building and the people in the TSBD were a distraction to control the flow of law enforcement away from the Grassy Knoll and into the TSBD.  I did read a book, and I'm sorry I can't remember the title, that since the motorcade was running late, the shooter told Oswald to go get him a Coke while they waited.  This sounds kind of silly to me but it would put Oswald downstairs instead of on the 6th floor.

Edited by Rich Pope

On 2/10/2019 at 10:58 AM, Rich Pope said:

1.  Malcolm Wallace

2.  Frank Sturgis

Rich

I just can’t give credence to Wallace being in that bldg. lol. Absolutely no evidence of that and I’ll just direct you to research Joan Mellen’s fine work on that tired and unsubstantiated Wallace fingerprint claim. 

Unfortunately, Stone begins his research with “LBJ did it!” and therefore he concludes “LBJ did it!”.

Ive also never come across any convincing evidence that places Sturgis in the TSBD. I am interested in what Doug Campbell found though...he was rummaging through documents and found that some time ago, Sturgis filed a request to the CIA for their documents about himself and he listed his case officer as Sam Jenis....that’s huge if corroborated...and it led he and our very own David Boylan to speculate if Sturgis was an “early” AMOT member....whew, would be something if we had the proof.

Edited by B. A. Copeland

B.A. Copeland,

Thanks for your kind response.  I know the Wallace fingerprint has been challenged.  But Wallace as an LBJ hit man rings true to the very end for me.  As a side note, as a former Operations Officer I would NEVER give-up the name of my case officer.  Also, I'm not quite sure what type of request Sturgis filed with the CIA but if I were to file say an FOIA request, I would neither get ANYTHING confirming nor denying my employment from the CIA.  What I did get was a copy of my Notification of Personnel action when I was first hired.  

Edited by Rich Pope

2 hours ago, Rich Pope said:

Roger Stone says Wallace was one of the shooters.  Probably based upon the fact that Wallace leaves a fingerprint on one of the boxes.  Also, Wallace was a trusted LBJ hit man.  It would also explain the description of witnesses saying a dark complexioned man was seen in the window prior to the assassination.  Someone made the point that a seasoned assassin wouldn't have part of his gun protruding from the window for others to see.  Maybe Oswald was up there, just too dumb to take the necessary precautions.  There is a partial palm print of Oswald on the rifle even though the paraffin test was inconclusive.  Yet again, no prints on the casings or the surviving bullet found at Parkland.  So, maybe the shot came from the Dal-Tex building and the people in the TSBD were a distraction to control the flow of law enforcement away from the Grassy Knoll and into the TSBD.  I did read a book, and I'm sorry I can't remember the title, that since the motorcade was running late, the shooter told Oswald to go get him a Coke while they waited.  This sounds kind of silly to me but it would put Oswald downstairs instead of on the 6th floor.

My strong suspicion is that Roger Stone knows only as much as we do.  Roger Stone is the tragedy of Roy Cohn come back again as farce.

Edited by David Andrews

4 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

My strong suspicion is that Roger Stone knows only as much as we do.  Roger Stone is the tragedy of Roy Cohn come back again as farce.

David,

You are probably right.  

12 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

Any professional assassin worth his salt would not plan show his barrel in full sunlight and blast away in front of a big crowd.

The same assassin would also have to run the risk of navigating an escape past potential employees who would immediately notice a stranger.

But a distractor worth his salt would plan show his barrel in full sunlight and blast away in front of a big crowd.

The same distractor would also have to run the risk of navigating an escape past potential employees who would immediately notice a stranger.

3. A stranger that distracted and had both an ingenious escape plan and a prior ingenious entry plan

2. Look for employees that were described differently on the day. An example would be Mrs. Robert Reid seeing a person in a WHITE SHIRT ONLY

3. An ingenious escape plan may have been up instead of down, hide, then emerge later in uniform. An ingenious entry plan would have been to come down from above after accessing the building during the night

Tony is hinting at one of my favorite but generally unverifiable notions.  That is there were two Oswalds at the TSBD.  They, Oswald and the double, were playing the say tricks they played in Russia and other places.  In Russian we had an Oswald that barely spoke Russian and another who was fluent.  Two Oswalds worked the TSBD.  One there when the other was employed doing other things.  People describe Oswald as silent, uncommunicative, and a loner.  What better way to use two folks who looked reasonably alike.  Most people have trouble identifying facial features so they would object when someone showed up looking a bit different.

That's not really what I wanted to talk about.  Next post. 

12 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

What I wanted to really talk about and repeat for the umpteenth time concerns shooting from the Sniper's Nest.  I mentioned Barry Krusch in another post about shell casings.  In the same book he wrote he talks about what is reasonable doubt.  It is one of the best expositions on reasonable doubt I have read.

Reasonable doubt says that you can not prove anyone fired a shot from the 6th Floor Sniper's Nest.

Here is a list of witnesses closest to the Sniper's Nest on the 6th floor and what they said.  These witnesses were on the 5th, 4th, and 3rd floor.  They were within about 40 feet of the Sniper's Nest.  This is close enough to hear the powerful sound of a high powered rifle and judge where it's shooting came from.

Witnesses Closest To The Sniper’s Nest

1. Harold Norman- 11-26-63 FBI statement Norman said he heard a shot as the vehicle turned onto Elm St.  He changed that later but, consistently said the shots came from above.

2. Bonnie Ray Williams- Sheriff’s Office statement 11-22-63:  First, said he heard two shots when the presidential limo turned onto Houston.  Later, he changed that to a turn onto Elm St. and then later changed that to 3 shots.  He first said the shots came from above.

3. James “Junior” Jarman- Warren Commission testimony:  At first, Jarman said much the same as Williams and Norman about hearing a shot from above.  He later changed his testimony at the Warren Hearing to hearing shots from low and to the left.

4. Elsie Dorman- FBI statement 11-24-63:  She thought the shots came from the Court Records Building on Houston St.

5. Sandra Styles- In a statement made to the FBI on 3-19-64 she said she heard shots but, did not know where they came from and offered no other relevant information.  However, in a video published in October, 2017 she said as the presidential vehicle turned into the intersection she heard 3 shots.   Reference:  Jobert Jefford Paulson video, Oct. 17, 2017- The Case of the Lady Who Did Not See the Assassin.

6. Vickie Adams- FBI statement 11-24-63:  She said when the president’s vehicle entered the intersection she heard 3 shots. Her view was obstructed by trees.  The sound came from the west or right side of the building.

7. Dorothy Garner- FBI statement 3-20-64:  When the shots occured the presidential vehicle was out of sight, obscured by trees.  This would be in front of the TSBD.  She thought the shots came from the west. 

8. Steven Wilson- FBI statement 3-30-63:  He said his view was obstructed by trees and heard 3 distinct shots.  He was on the third floor in a corner office directly below the Sniper’s Nest.  FBI Statement 3-25-64:  The shots came from the west.

9. Yola Hopson- She was on the 4th floor in the middle of the building in Scott-Forseman and when she heard shots she couldn’t see the presidential limo.  It was under the trees.  The shots did not sound as if they came from the building.

10. Mary Hollies- 2-18-64 statement to Detective Potts said she heard 3 shots as the motorcade turned into the intersection.  She noticed smoke on a little hill over to the west.

Out of these 10 witnesses two said the shooting came from directly above from the Sniper's Nest.  One other did for some time but, changed his story.  One said she didn't know where the shooting came from  which can be taken as it did not come from above because of the loud sound of a high powered rifle.  The rest said the shots came from somewhere else.  8 out of 10 saying shots did not come from the Sniper's Nest establishes reasonable doubt.  Maybe that's the reason J. Edgar Hoover said to Lyndon Johnson the evidence is not very, very strong.  Chief Jesse Curry said he could never put Oswald on the 6th floor with a rifle in his hand.

10 hours ago, Rich Pope said:

B.A. Copeland,

Thanks for your kind response.  I know the Wallace fingerprint has been challenged.  But Wallace as an LBJ hit man rings true to the very end for me.  As a side note, as a former Operations Officer I would NEVER give-up the name of my case officer.  Also, I'm not quite sure what type of request Sturgis filed with the CIA but if I were to file say an FOIA request, I would neither get ANYTHING confirming nor denying my employment from the CIA.  What I did get was a copy of my Notification of Personnel action when I was first hired.  

Ahh gotcha and my pleasure, and thanks for your response as well.

19 hours ago, John Butler said:

Here is a list of witnesses closest to the Sniper's Nest on the 6th floor and what they said.

Don't forget the substantial number of witnesses outside the building who were all moving in the direction the Sniper's Nest, many of them armed with cameras. At the time of the assassination, going north on Houston Street, was the press pool car, followed by three camera cars.

If memory serves, one of the reporters heard another reporter yell out that they saw a rifleman. Yet, for all the photographs we have of the motorcade, for those photographers who were able to jump out and take pictures of witnesses seconds after the shooting, and at least one reporter apparently having the time to shout out an observation of a rifleman, not one of the reporters in those four cars pointed almost directly at the TSBD during those six seconds were able to snap one single photo of the rifle barrel sticking out of the sixth floor window.

Curious.

Denny,

You are right.  There is an amazing number of "not filming" photographers in the Camera Cars who had the opportunity while on Houston Street to film the TSBD and see who was in the windows.

"Don't forget the substantial number of witnesses outside the building who were all moving in the direction the Sniper's Nest, many of them armed with cameras. At the time of the assassination, going north on Houston Street, was the press pool car, followed by three camera cars"

I think you will be surprised by the lack of cameras in the Houston/Elm intersection, around the TSBD, and 100 feet in any direction from the intersection.  Look at the photos of the areas mentioned and try to find someone with a camera.  It is a really odd and nonsensical situation.  Where are the cameras that photographed the limousine on the passenger side on Houston and Elm near the intersection.  There was only one.  Zapruder.

I surveyed what the witnesses in the TSBD said.  I also surveyed many who were close and outside the TSBD.  I used what they first said if possible trying to avoid the interference of the authorities tampering with evidence and witness intimidation.

I used a non-traditional question that has been overlooked either intentionally or by ignorance.  This question was where was the presidential limousine when you heard shots.  You will be surprised by the answer.  To me it answers the question what happened in the Zapruder Gap. 

There are over 40 witnesses who said the presidential limousine was just turning onto Elm, in the intersection of Elm and Houston, in front of the TSBD, or under the trees in front of the TSBD.  To these witnesses the shooting didn't happen in front of the Grassy Knoll but, in front of the TSBD.  This establishes another case of reasonable doubt concerning where the shooting occurred. 

It has always been my opinion you can not convict anyone of anything in Dealey Plaza based on the evidence.  I think that is intentional and part of the coverup.

PS

You can actually find people with cameras in the available photos of the areas mentioned.  However, their cameras and films have disappeared and were never reported.  Who was responsible for that?  The FBI and the photo developers in Dallas.

Edited by John Butler