The Education Forum

CIA Codenames

Ron Bulman

I asked this question in a post on Micha's Lie Too Big To Fail thread as kind of an aside to another point being discussed at the time.  It's mentioned as kind of an aside by Lisa too with no notation or reference (the book Is otherwise well documented).

On page 400 she says "And who was the hypnotic consultant from California?  Did he hypnotize Sirhan?  It would not surprise me if there had been a hidden ZR project targeting GPFOCUS, the CIA's codename for Senator Robert Kennedy.  (The codename for JFK was GPIDEAL, and the codename for Oswald was GPFLOOR.  No investigation ever sought files from the CIA relative to the Robert Kennedy assassination)".

I don't recall reading about these codenames before, or seeing a response to my questions about them.  What did GP stand for, relating to all three?  When were they created?  Not as early as 1963 for all three?  But why at some point afterwards?  I can see JFK as "IDEAL" in 63.  RFK as being the FOCUS in 68.  But does FLOOR relate to what floor Oswald was on?  Ground?  Sixth?  Why in regards to the GP relation to RFK?

I imagine I've just missed or forgotten information on the codenames I may have read or missed entirely in the past.  Maybe this subject doesn't deserve it's own thread but I didn't know where else to post on it and I am curious.  If anyone can educate me it would be appreciated.  It is the education forum after all...

Ron,

How 'bout RX-ZIM as CIA cryptonym for the Oswald Project prior to 11/22/63?  From CIA Tokyo-based accountant James Wilcott....

RX-ZIM.jpg

Check out the following link for more HSCA staff notes on CIA's Wilcott's backgrounders....

https://harveyandlee.net/Wilcott/Wilcott_Notes.html

Wilcott's full secret HSCA testimony is here:

https://harveyandlee.net/Wilcott/Wil_full.htm

9 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Ron,

You might want to check out this page:

https://www.maryferrell.org/php/cryptdb.php

Steve Thomas

Thanks Steve.  Though if GP relates to the JFK assassination I don't understand how GPAZURE and GPBEFIT related to it other than they were CIA asset's.

Since it's after the assassination I guess IDEAL related to the fact JFK was Dead.  FOCUS meant keep an eye on RFK in case he ran for president.  And FLOOR referred to 6th, 3rd or 4th (Baker), second (Baker and Truly), or First ???  As in Prayerman??? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 12:07 AM, Ron Bulman said:

I asked this question in a post on Micha's Lie Too Big To Fail thread as kind of an aside to another point being discussed at the time.  It's mentioned as kind of an aside by Lisa too with no notation or reference (the book Is otherwise well documented).

On page 400 she says "And who was the hypnotic consultant from California?  Did he hypnotize Sirhan?  It would not surprise me if there had been a hidden ZR project targeting GPFOCUS, the CIA's codename for Senator Robert Kennedy.  (The codename for JFK was GPIDEAL, and the codename for Oswald was GPFLOOR.  No investigation ever sought files from the CIA relative to the Robert Kennedy assassination)".

I don't recall reading about these codenames before, or seeing a response to my questions about them.  What did GP stand for, relating to all three?  When were they created?  Not as early as 1963 for all three?  But why at some point afterwards?  I can see JFK as "IDEAL" in 63.  RFK as being the FOCUS in 68.  But does FLOOR relate to what floor Oswald was on?  Ground?  Sixth?  Why in regards to the GP relation to RFK?

I imagine I've just missed or forgotten information on the codenames I may have read or missed entirely in the past.  Maybe this subject doesn't deserve it's own thread but I didn't know where else to post on it and I am curious.  If anyone can educate me it would be appreciated.  It is the education forum after all...

On 2/27/2019 at 9:49 PM, Michael Clark said:

Only two GP's known of in 2006?  JFK and Oswald.  When, why did the RFK designation come about?  Why the oddball GP designations of some with no apparent link to the JFK assassination?

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2019 at 12:07 AM, Ron Bulman said:

IDEAL vs. FLOOR = TOP vs. BOTTOM?