The Education Forum

Chicago plot

Jim, I talked to Vallee's family as well; and his brother had been hugely interested trying to see if he could make any of it hang together in terms of what they knew of his brother's movements and activities - which he could not.  And yes its true that Vallee worked in an office building where a printing company was..but also that he was a printer by trade, which he had learned from his father in California and that's where he ended up, doing that same work.  The Secret Service monitored him routinely for years as a PRS, a potential threat because of his mental instability.. The story also includes the fact that Black was so fixated that he literally stalked the Chicago PD officers who had taken Vallee into custody, accusing them of complicity in a conspiracy to kill the President and literally driving one out of Chicago, following him all the way to a trailer park in Texas to confront and accuse him.

And this has nothing to do with Walther's report, which related to the Texas trip not Chicago - and was very likely triggered by by a warning from San Antonio that we do have documented, about an expressed threat to kill JFK when he came to Texas - by a member of the National States Rights Party. And yes I do think Hoover suppressed that.

As I say in the third part of the posts, I do think their was a warning from the FBI about individuals traveling to Chicago - Cuban exiles who had been buying guns and who were very hostile to JFK - and I think that triggered the events Bolden heard about and I do accept that a couple of guys were picked up but released because their were no grounds to hold them.  I even suspect that may have been in one of the trip reports that was destroyed as late as the early 90's.

These things do seem to get mixed together in when the talk is about threats in Chicago.  That's why I address all three incidents in three separate blog post. On the other hand, I have no intention of trying to argue anyone off their beliefs.  What I posted is what I found,  along with sources. I'll leave it at that.