The Education Forum

Freight Elevator Escape?

6 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I've had the thought before that both access and egress might have been rehearsed, maybe more than once.  After hours or on a weekend.

While that is possible, that scenario also implies someone on the inside.

You still need an elevator at the ready, at the exact time, there is no way around it

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Tony Krome said:

While that is possible, that scenario also implies someone on the inside.

You still need an elevator at the ready, at the exact time, there is no way around it

Certainly.  I've also had thoughts that rehearsals, and the assassination itself, might have included a rear guard sot to speak.  To make sure the elevators didn't move and that no one else came up onto the sixth floor.  Workers still/already working.  A worker choosing to eat his lunch there or observe the parade.  Anybody.

I'm no sniper expert.  But I've read they ideally work in a team of three.  A spotter who observes the target and those around him and communicates his observances to the shooter and may tell him when/if to fire.  The shooter.  And a Lookout, who watches their back and immediate surroundings. 

Two men were observed on the sixth floor by multiple witnesses.  One, or two might have escaped down the West elevator.  One or two might have been employees who blended in or were dismissed as such as they went down a floor or two before being encountered.

Reasonable, partially fact based speculation?

Ron,

Although I favor the passenger elevator theory based on the need for secrecy and not being seen, I'm moving more toward the elevator theory as a possibility for a quick escape.

According to Richard Carr's Clay Shaw Trial testimony 3 people were seen coming onto Houston Street from the back of the TSBD.  If correct these 3 people, two of which got into the Nash Rambler station wagon and the third walked south on Houston, are members of the plot.  The third person walking south is the person Carr claimed to have seen on the top floor.  This is the same vehicle that picked up an Oswald identified by Roger Craig as Lee Harvey Oswald.

3 people must have had a quick way to get to the first floor rear of the TSBD, a fourth person could have walked down the steps and met Truly / Baker.  The fire escape, the only other way out of the building, has a low probability of being an escape exit based on Carr's information.

I would say generally a sniper team is made of two men,  a shooter and a spotter to correct the shooting.  However, the Dealey Plaza assassination was a different thing all together.  There had to be coordination between sniping teams.  This requires a radio man or communication extra person to monitor radio traffic.  This was a well thought out operation.  I would say a 4th man was added to protect the sniping team from interference.  To keep someone from interfering with the sniping team.  Say, someone on the 5th floor to control the elevators and have them ready for a possible escape.

Edited by John Butler

• 5 months later...