The Education Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cory Santos

In Dealey Plaza today

I am here on business and went down to Dealey.  Few observations from this visit   First, I cannot understand why the bookstore continues to only stock LHO did it books.  Posner and Bugliosi and Mailer are prominently displayed.  Fonzo's book is there, nothing from the film JFK which renewed so much intrest in the 1990s.  There is an odd picture of LBJ alone smiling for sale   The plaque outside the TSBD says LHO allegedly shot JFK with allegedly circled.  

Lee Bowers really had a good viewpoint of the grassy knoll fence. 

I still say the best shot actually was where the drainage grates are before the knoll and overpass meet.

I dont see how anyone can say shots came from either of the pergolas.  There was no concealment nor was escape possible.

Why were people watching from the steps of the TSBD?  Not the best spot when one could walk further down elm into the plaza and really get close and see JFK.  

The manholes in Dealey still intrigue me.

11 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

Can a civilian physically go into the south knoll sewers or are they welded/locked shut?

I'd be suprised if they were welded shut. Would make it a hassle for matinence. 

Posted (edited)

I didnt try to lift them so not sure.  I believe I read they were accessible previously, now, dont know.  It is a good location for the head shot.  It has concealment and escape potential.

Edited by Cory Santos

7 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

I didnt try to lift them so not sure.  I believe I read they were accessible previously, now, dont know.  It is a good location for the head shot.  It has concealment and escape potential.

What was the escape potential?  I don't agree with the head shot from there, back and to the left and all.

4 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

What was the escape potential?  I don't agree with the head shot from there, back and to the left and all.

I'm with you on that. Plus id think if a police officer had seen the shooter they could have had him cornered with nowhere to go. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, John Kozlowski said:

I'm with you on that. Plus id think if a police officer had seen the shooter they could have had him cornered with nowhere to go. 

There is more than one storm drain/manhole cover on the South Knoll.

Edited by Micah Mileto

I figured that but if a shot was seen couldnt they just radio for officers to go down into the sewers and cut the shooter off at some point?

14 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

There is more than one storm drain/manhole cover on the South Knoll.

I'm not familiar with the sewer system in DP but I really never bought into the shooter in the sewer. Unless the police were in on it 100% I think it would be too risky to put someone down there. Especially someone who isnt the patsy.

All,

While not really focusing on the sewer covers, I thought I'd put a link up to a post I made of my annual walking tour of DP back in February for those who don't get to live in Texas.

Regarding the south knoll, no one would have to use sewer access there to either shoot or escape, as my photos will show.  Plenty of wide open access to a large parking lot and out to various streets from the south knoll.  Given the # people on the overpass towards the north side, a sewer escape makes sense.  There was the witness of the guy (forgot his name) who borrowed a car from a dealer close to DP and on Friday afternoon came back into the dealership muddy and disheveled with no car - which was found in the RR parking lot behind the fence.

Enjoy!

Rick

I think in reviewing the posts above, some appear to think I am talking about the drains on Elm Street.  I am not.

I am speaking of another spot.  I will post some pictures to clarify this issue.