The Education Forum

Mass Hysteria in Dealey Plaza

Toni Glover JFK assassination

JFK assassination: Questions that won't go away

By Owen Amos BBC News, Washington DC

1. ctober 2017

Toni got to the Dealey Plaza early and found a "perfect" spot to watch the president's parade.  "He came by, he smiled and waved," she says. "Jackie smiled and waved - she was on my side. "He turned the corner.  I thought, 'I'm going to follow this car until it disappears because it's the president - I'm going to watch every second I can.'  And then his head exploded.  It just exploded. "She told her mother that someone had thrown fireworks into the car. "But really, I knew different," she adds.Now, 54 years later, Dr Toni Glover is an associate professor at the University of Scranton in Pennsylvania.

Girl  in  Blue  remembers  JFK assassination

The Citizens’ Voice By David Singleton (Staff Writer) / Published: November 22, 2013

Now an associate professor of English at the University of Scranton, Toni Glover, Ph.D., still struggles with the raw horror of what she witnessed.

"It was not an assassination. It was not a fatal shot," Glover, 61, said in an interview at her Hill Section home. "It was a gory, gruesome murder that we all stood there and watched."

"I went there with this magical thinking that just a wave and a smile would change my life forever, and he did indeed look up and smile and wave and it took my breath away ⦠I was just floating on air. I was in the ether somewhere, and I had tunnel vision on the car.

"So I just kept watching the car as it went down the street and his head exploded."

Fatal gunshot

As a native Texan, Glover said she knows what a gunshot sounds like.

She is certain she heard two in Dealey Plaza. She can't be sure about a third.

After Kennedy's limo passed her perch and turned left onto Elm in front of the book depository, Glover said there was a noise people in the crowd acknowledged by turning their heads. It was a bang, she said, but it could have been a motorcycle or car backfiring.

bell-film-Toni-Glover-and-mother-a.jpg

As 50th Anniversary Of JFK Assassination Approaches, Local Witness Reflects

November 20, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Filed Under:CBS 3, Dallas, JFK Assassination, Local Witness, Pat Ciarrocchi, Toni Glover, TX

“It was perfect.

“They looked up. I was way up in the air, screaming and yelling. You couldn’t miss me. And smiled and waved,” Glover said.

I was just so thrilled. and then, he turned the corner, and his head exploded.

Graphic, yes.

And seared.

“The image of him waving and the image of him dying are burned of course,” she said.”

https://www.facebook.com/bbcbreakfast/videos/it-was-the-most-wonderful-moment-and-then-a-terrible-terrible-momenttoni-glover-/1900013053346157/

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic