The Education Forum

List Of Nefarious Characters Possibly Present In Dallas on 11,22,1963

If there was no government investigation why is this tagged as Government Exhibit 7?  Wouldn't the Secret Service be required to present a report on an assassination attempt on the president?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During my 1988 Bush research I was told about a possible

assassination attempt against Poppy Bush shortly after

the inauguration in January 1981. He was leaving a home in Georgetown

(said to be a woman's home) when there was gunfire on the

street -- so the story went. It was unknown whether he walked

into some kind of random street shooting or if it was targeted at him. All

I could find out about it was (1) the Washington Post mentioned

it a couple of months later carefully buried in a feature on unconfirmed

"rumors"; and (2) Kitty Kelley mentioned the incident in one of her

books as the subject of merriment among Reagan officials who learned

about it at a restaurant that night. Perhaps this event had something

to do with the power struggle within the new Reagan administration

between Reagan and Bush, which I learned was resolved after the attempted

assassination of Reagan by Reagan ceding much of his executive

power secretly to Bush. The Bush family connections with the assassination

attempt against Reagan are well-known, if still somewhat mysterious; even Newsweek referred to them

the week after the shooting of the president in a sidebar on oddities

surrounding the event. These were some of the many loose ends

I uncovered in my research during the 1988 presidential campaign. Many things I was told about Bush

and the Bush Crime Family were verified later by me or others, but some things I was told I could not document sufficiently.

Edited by Joseph McBride

I stumbled across this at lunch and read the first 17 pages of witness statements for the FBI.  All names redacted, none so far saw the actual shooting.  A couple of them mention men with rifles on the roof of the Hilton ("one on each corner") but this guy on pages 16-17 talks about a man with a briefcase running away from the scene.  Interesting.

https://vault.fbi.gov/president-ronald-reagan-assassination-attempt/president-ronald-reagan-assassination-attempt-part-03-of-04/view

Edited by Ron Bulman

21 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I'd forgotten Mr. McBride said the reporter heard a shot from above but later changed her story.  Looking at the guy through a magnifying glass didn't clear much up.  Sure does look like a mans head and upper torso but I still couldn't see anything being held up.  Maybe he was waiting on Hinckley to start firing to focus attention on him and Reagan before raising a weapon and potentially exposing his position and intention.  One thing it does look like is the guy is not crouching or kneeling but sitting flat on the floor.

Isn't that guy behind a sealed glass window?  Maybe just some guy in an office who rolled his desk chair over to see the Prez?

Edited by David Andrews

On 5/20/2019 at 10:54 PM, Michael Clark said:

Hi Paul, would you please share a link to that document?

Here's a transcript of the Bill Lord letter:

https://tekgnosis.typepad.com/tekgnosis/2013/12/bill-lords-letter-to-president-jimmy-carter-re-jfk-assassination-and-lee-harvey-oswald-lho-plus-geor.html

We all pretty much accept the numbered points that Bill Lord makes, but it's difficult to see how he arrived at these, or could testify to CIA non-investigation of Oswald, just because he was briefly Oswald's bunkie on shipboard -- unless Oz told him something about the false defector program and the WC didn't pursue it.  I think the arrogant Iranian house buyers were unconnected to the other attention Lord was getting.  

Edited by David Andrews

17 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

During my 1988 Bush research I was told about a possible

assassination attempt against Poppy Bush shortly after

the inauguration in January 1981. He was leaving a home in Georgetown

(said to be a woman's home) when there was gunfire on the

street -- so the story went. It was unknown whether he walked

into some kind of random street shooting or if it was targeted at him. All

I could find out about it was (1) the Washington Post mentioned

it a couple of months later carefully buried in a feature on unconfirmed

"rumors"; and (2) Kitty Kelley mentioned the incident in one of her

books as the subject of merriment among Reagan officials who learned

about it at a restaurant that night. Perhaps this event had something

to do with the power struggle within the new Reagan administration

between Reagan and Bush, which I learned was resolved after the attempted

assassination of Reagan by Reagan ceding much of his executive

power secretly to Bush. The Bush family connections with the assassination

attempt against Reagan are well-known, if still somewhat mysterious; even Newsweek referred to them

the week after the shooting of the president in a sidebar on oddities

surrounding the event. These were some of the many loose ends

I uncovered in my research during the 1988 presidential campaign. Many things I was told about Bush

and the Bush Crime Family were verified later by me or others, but some things I was told I could not document sufficiently.

Mr McBride,

Could/would you mind recommending some reliable sources of information regarding this subject, for someone who knows basically nothing about it? I've always had doubts and suspicions, but never have looked into the matter. I always assumed that the facts had been well buried, or at least obfuscated so as to make trying to get below the cover story futile. 

-I believe the photo of George W. Bush near the TSBD is real.  His chin was longer than his father's.  All they had to do was obscure the rest of his chin.  Also, you can see he has something in his ear.  As for Nixon, he left for the airport around noon.  The day of Kennedy's funeral there was a camera in the church from above, which went down the rows and the look on Nixon's face.  His eyes looked wild, his expression looked like he had done a terrible thing.  After the funeral in the church, he stood outside but not through the main door.  He was looking at someone and appeared drunk to me.  Maybe he couldn't face Jackie Kennedy.  Nixon was later photographed in an airport and he was crying.  I'm sure he had a couple of drinks.

Kathy C

On 5/22/2019 at 4:56 PM, David Andrews said:

Isn't that guy behind a sealed glass window?  Maybe just some guy in an office who rolled his desk chair over to see the Prez?

It looks kind of that way.  The picture at the top of this article seems a little more zoomed in.  He doesn't appear to be outside at the railing after all.  It would be interesting to know what he observed from that vantage point.  

https://millercenter.org/issues-policy/the-first-year/the-attempted-reagan-assassination

The trajectory of the bullet, reporter statement of a shot from above, and the guy running away from the scene with a briefcase as well as other information are all very interesting.  Maybe worthy of a thread of their own.

Regarding Joe's thread topic and recent reading on the forum I'd say Bernardo De Torres would qualify as a nefarious character possibly present in Dallas on 11/22/63. 

No need to worry about anything here being "off topic."

I am just as intrigued and enthralled with commentary such as yours, J. McBride, and others no matter where it leads in the over-all picture of JFK's assassination.

I'm not an educated student of American and foreign film history yet I have always had a common man fascination for the medium including it's power to effect the collective consciousness ... and my own.

Look at the power and effect of so many of our films ... including Oliver Stone's JFK.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 5/22/2019 at 4:48 PM, Ron Bulman said:

I stumbled across this at lunch and read the first 17 pages of witness statements for the FBI.  All names redacted, none so far saw the actual shooting.  A couple of them mention men with rifles on the roof of the Hilton ("one on each corner") but this guy on pages 16-17 talks about a man with a briefcase running away from the scene.  Interesting.

https://vault.fbi.gov/president-ronald-reagan-assassination-attempt/president-ronald-reagan-assassination-attempt-part-03-of-04/view

Read a few more pages at lunch today.  A couple heavily redacted, 1/2-2/3 page.  Then one about a lady inside a building watching Reagan come out, then hears a shot, hears/see's the glass shatter and they all hit the floor. 

On 5/22/2019 at 7:55 PM, David Andrews said:

Here's a transcript of the Bill Lord letter:

https://tekgnosis.typepad.com/tekgnosis/2013/12/bill-lords-letter-to-president-jimmy-carter-re-jfk-assassination-and-lee-harvey-oswald-lho-plus-geor.html

We all pretty much accept the numbered points that Bill Lord makes, but it's difficult to see how he arrived at these, or could testify to CIA non-investigation of Oswald, just because he was briefly Oswald's bunkie on shipboard -- unless Oz told him something about the false defector program and the WC didn't pursue it.  I think the arrogant Iranian house buyers were unconnected to the other attention Lord was getting.  

David,

To me, the significance of the Bill Lord letter to President Carter is the undeniable fact that Lord was told that if he didn't accede to an interview, then further pressure would come from "Mr. George Bush, Jr." (GWB)

pageTWO.jpg

Also, the fact that Lord was told that there was an ongoing "very costly project which allows them to locate, interview, monitor and influence every single person who ever knew Lee Oswald -- and this just in advance of the new governmental investigation by the House Select Committee on Assassinations."

GWB was only 31 years old in February of 1977 when Lord wrote to Carter. GHWB had been out of office as the CIA director for exactly thirteen days. 

I think the only possible conclusion here is that GWB was a part of that "very costly project" to influence (what the hell does that mean?) guys like Billy Lord.

I also suspect this was a part of the effort to separate the witnesses who knew Lee Oswald from those (such as Lord) who met "Oswald."

pageONE.jpg

Paul, I take all your points. 

And what happens when intelligence agencies try to subvert possible testimony by persons only very marginally involved, plus unprofessionally spill the names of collaborators like "George Bush, Jr." (son of the recently removed DCI whose agency was about to get a shake-up by his successor)?  They create a small class of terrified people who can expose their tactics. 

It's significant that this "research" push happened during HSCA and (for Lord) at the beginning of the hated Stansfield Turner mandate at CIA.  Like in the movies, interested parties got sloppy and excessive in pursuing the loosest of loose ends.

I'm not downplaying the importance of Lord's letter.  I just think he became paranoid and xenophobic over an intrusion by some boorish, perhaps nouveau-riche, house-hunters, and spoiled his argument a bit.  But he did have an argument, and was as rattled as George DeMohrenschildt was in his own letter to Poppy just months before. 

It's an interesting, mirror-game tactic: Lord was besieged by shady private "researchers," just as G. DeM. felt hounded by HSCA investigators.  Cages were being rattled because the Agency felt rattled -- so certain people were deluged with attention that made them want to crawl under a rock.

Can somebody please put up the complete image of the second page of Lord's typed letter?  I can't find it, only the transcript.

Edited by David Andrews