The Education Forum

Robert Morrow's Notes on Robert Caro book signing

Robert Morrow Notes on Robert Caro book signing for Working at Book People at Austin, TX on April 14, 2019 (which, btw, was the same day that Tiger Woods won the Masters at age 43)

Robert Morrow:  Robert Caro was interviewed by Lawrence Wright for about 30 minutes and then opened up the floor for Questions and Answers. Robert Caro, age 83, said some notable things. Caro said that he thought that the thesis of avid Halberstam’s book The Best and the Brightest had held up all these years. That thesis (unstated by Caro, was the JFK’s governmental advisors were the ones who stampeded Lyndon Johnson into the Vietnam War, something that is harshly disputed by Jim DiEugenio and Univ. of Texas professor James K. Galbraith). I suggest googling DiEugenio’s essay “JFK’s Embrace of Third World Nationalists” for keen insight into JFK’s foreign policy.

Ominously, Robert Caro also said that he and his wife Ina had become very close friends with Ed Clark and his wife Anne Clark. Caro said that the two couples had many dinners and that Ina Caro’s job was to keep Anne and Ed Clark talking so that more information would flow out. Barr McClellan, worked worked closely at Ed Clark’s law firm, has said that both Ed Clark and Don Thomas, law partners and decades-long inner circle Lyndon Johnson advisors, used to brag that Ed Clark (and LBJ) were behind the JFK assassination.

In the Q&A, I asked Robert Caro why he never did interview Madeleine Brown, Barr McClellan or Billie Sol Estes. Caro said that he thought Madeleine Brown’s book Texas In the Morning was a plagiarism of a novel that he had read, although Caro was unable to tell the name of which novel that was. Caro needless did not say why he never interviewed Barr McClellan or Billie Sol Estes, except to say that in all his years of research he had never found a shred of evidence that LBJ was behind the JFK assassination.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

12 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Caro needless did not say why he never interviewed Barr McClellan or Billie Sol Estes, except to say that in all his years of research he had never found a shred of evidence that LBJ was behind the JFK assassination.

Follow up Question: 

Mr Caro in your years of research did you find any information that LBJ tried to cover up facts regarding the assassination of JFK or did you ever get the sense from the interviews with people who knew LBJ or the reading of his files that you did, that LBJ made moves that would hinder or pervert the course of justice in the assassination of JFK?

Caro thinks the Best and the Brightest has held up over the years?

This is why I say that Caro is Establishment all the way.

In my last PPoint, called Vietnam Declassified: Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, I show with new evidence why Halberstam is not just wrong, but I actually think he either lied, or knew the info he was getting was false but accepted it anyway. It is one thing to make a mistake.  We all do.  But then you are an alleged chronicler and you get something the exact opposite of how it happened, then there is a problem there.  That betrays an agenda.

Halberstam's agenda was that he was a hawk at the time JFK was trying to get out.  Halberstam wanted more  direct American intervention, not less.  Just as his idol Jean Paul Vann did.  Halberstam was so rabid that JFK tried to get him rotated out of Vietnam.  The NY Times refused.  

So Kennedy is killed.  Halberstam, Sheehan and Vann get their wish of direct US intervention and loads of it.

It turns into an epic disaster.  In other words Kennedy was right and they were all wrong.  Does Halberstam admit any of this?  Try and find anywhere that he does.  The Best and the Brightest is over 600 ages of filler nonsense,  you will not find Halberstam fessing up to his past hawk days or Kennedy's withdrawal plan. 

Halberstam was a cover up artist, plain and simple.  At Gary Aguilar's December salon up in San Francisco I said this in public and I stated I would say it if Halberstam was still alive and even in that room, and dare him to sue me.

Interestingly, after I made that address, Jonathan Marshall, one of these parapolitics/deep politics Peter Scott fellows, said with typical arrogance words to the effect that I was saying Kennedy was a peacenik.

No Mr. Marshall.  I was just presenting the newest facts on the matter.  If you don't like them that is your problem.  Kennedy was not going to be stupid enough to repeat the experience that he saw the French humiliated with.  I don't think that takes a lot of insight.  But I will say this, what LBJ did takes  lot of ignorance and stubbornness. And that part if pretty obvious.

Edited by James DiEugenio

The New York Times cannot get enough of Robert Caro. It has told us what a great man he is on the same topic three times now in less than two weeks:

11 days ago online; https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/09/books/review-working-robert-caro.html

5 days ago online: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/books/review/robert-a-caro-working.html

Today in the front page book review of the Times Book Review section.

This is what I mean about him being an Establishment darling.

His books are limited hangouts.  Therefore, he gets a lot of exposure.

But anyone who still thinks Halberstam's book is the guideline to American involvement in Vietnam  is either an idiot or a sell out.

Caro is a sell out.

Question - I do not know Robert Caro.  I HAVE read a lot of what I consider to be recent books about iffy issues, such as Lisa Pease's A Lie Too Big to Fail: The Real History of the Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy    

and wonder how this was published in our times.  I do believe that certain authors and their POV's are sanctioned by what was once called the Establishment.  But now?  How do books get published and publicized if such sanctions still exist...unless they also somehow contribute to what was once called the Establishment's POV?  How do you publish this and still get to call out the CIA, for example?  

(Disclaimer - I believe what she wrote in her book, but given that there are obstacles to the truth - what happened that this was allowed to be published?)  

Because there are still outlets out there that are alternative to the MSM.

Feral House, who did Lisa's book,  is one of them. Adam Parfrey was almost violently first amendment.  Others are Skyhorse, and Trine Day.

How did she get in the Post is the question?  I believe that was through RFK Jr and his relationship with Tom Jackman.

So no, it is not impossible to get something published that is anti mainstream. What to watch for is the aftermath.

Watch what happens to Caro when his book comes out.  See how he gets invited to all the big book fairs like the one In LA.  Where you can sell literally thousands of books in one weekend.  See how many media spots he gets, on both network and cable.  See how many MSM positive reviews he gets.

In my review of Bugliosi's  POS doorstop, I analyzed in depth how this worked and how it was arranged by the editors in advance.  Simply because Vince had a big name and he was in line with the Single Bullet Fantasy.  

Caro understands that if he stays on the straight and narrow with Halberstam's discredited book on Vietnam he will get the red carpet.   If he does not do that and said what the truth really is--namely that Kennedy was withdrawing from Vietnam in the fall of 1963, LBJ knew that, and he consciously reversed it and covered it up--then the carpet gets yanked out from him. 

I reviewed Caro's The Passage of Power.  I saw what he was up to in his discussion of the WC and the civil rights bill, which he both took out of LBJ's memoir. And were both wrong. In both cases he  vitiated the truth.  I am pretty sure I was the only guy who called him out on it.  

So I expect the same thing with this last volume, they are probably writing the reviews already.

To elaborate, Vietnam has become the new Rubicon of the JFK case.

To prove that take a look at a new book by the Power Elite.  The author is Jared Cohen--look him up-- and a main source is Condi Rice.

HIs book is called Accidental Presidents and its about VP's who became president.  From what people tell me it is not a bad book.  Well researched and balanced.

Until you get to LBJ and Kennedy.

Cohen goes full, all out Hit Man on Kennedy and is very careful with Johnson.  He completely denies that Kennedy was leaving Vietnam and LBJ reversed policy.

Who is his main source on this?  Queen of the sell outs, Condi Rice.  What Rice brings to the table as a JFK expert is pretty invisible.  We do know that, as the whole Iraq thing showed, she can throw the BS around with the best of them.  Heck, she can stand up in that category with Henry Kissinger.  

But this is how high the cover up reaches in the Power Elite with the JFK case.

Caro knows that.  He knows it all too well. Tell the truth? Heck no.  Too much at stake for him.

On 4/22/2019 at 6:36 PM, Stephanie Goldberg said:

Question - I do not know Robert Caro.  I HAVE read a lot of what I consider to be recent books about iffy issues, such as Lisa Pease's A Lie Too Big to Fail: The Real History of the Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy    

and wonder how this was published in our times.  I do believe that certain authors and their POV's are sanctioned by what was once called the Establishment.  But now?  How do books get published and publicized if such sanctions still exist...unless they also somehow contribute to what was once called the Establishment's POV?  How do you publish this and still get to call out the CIA, for example?  

(Disclaimer - I believe what she wrote in her book, but given that there are obstacles to the truth - what happened that this was allowed to be published?)  

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/22835-ex-forum-member-robert-morrow-says-johnson-killed-kennedy-on-the-rachel-maddow-show/?tab=comments#comment-329370

On 4/22/2019 at 6:36 PM, Stephanie Goldberg said:

Beware, he's a bud of Alex Jones.  Two adopted Austin peas in a pod.  Molly Ivins would have a field day.  Thank goodness the town itself is still considered an island of liberalism in the state (though not some of the suburbs) in spite or the conservatives running the state government there the last 30 years.

https://www.infowars.com/the-lbj-cia-assassination-of-jfk/ 

On 4/23/2019 at 11:29 PM, Denny Zartman said:

What's the current line of thinking about Madeleine Brown and her story?

The last I remember reading about it and commenting, asking questions, was a thread on here or JFK Facts.  Personally I concluded that IF there was a party at the Murchison's the night before, it was almost impossible LBJ was there.  The planes landed at Carswell close to 11:00 pm.  He was seen leaving in the convoy heading to the Hotel Texas.  Which means he arrived there by the time they disembarked, loaded into the limo's and got there it wasn't too far from midnight.  If I remember right she had him coming out of the private meeting with Murchison, Hoover and others about midnight.  Maybe it was later.  Maybe with his military connections he went immediately back to Carswell and hopped on a chopper for Murchison's.  I'm skeptical.

BTW, he stayed in the Presidential or Honeymoon suite.  The Secret Service chose the second best one for JFK for Security purposes.  Only one door.  So some of them could go to the Cellar and drink.  But Cowtown oil money decorated JFK's suite quite nicely in his Honor for his last night on our planet.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/gallery/2013/11/suite-850-br-the-view-in-jfks-last-hotel-room-000152?slide=0

18 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

The last I remember reading about it and commenting, asking questions, was a thread on here or JFK Facts.  Personally I concluded that IF there was a party at the Murchison's the night before, it was almost impossible LBJ was there.  The planes landed at Carswell close to 11:00 pm.  He was seen leaving in the convoy heading to the Hotel Texas.  Which means he arrived there by the time they disembarked, loaded into the limo's and got there it wasn't too far from midnight.  If I remember right she had him coming out of the private meeting with Murchison, Hoover and others about midnight.  Maybe it was later.  Maybe with his military connections he went immediately back to Carswell and hopped on a chopper for Murchison's.  I'm skeptical.

BTW, he stayed in the Presidential or Honeymoon suite.  The Secret Service chose the second best one for JFK for Security purposes.  Only one door.  So some of them could go to the Cellar and drink.  But Cowtown oil money decorated JFK's suite quite nicely in his Honor for his last night on our planet.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/gallery/2013/11/suite-850-br-the-view-in-jfks-last-hotel-room-000152?slide=0

This is where JFK gave his last public speech on the morning of 11/22/63 outside the Hotel Texas.  Where he and LBJ spent the night.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fort-Worth-Unveils-Kennedy-Statue-in-Gen-Worth-Square-177909211.html

It's just really hard for me to believe Hoover flew in so close to the scene of the crime the night before to brief the Texas oil men who some think might have financed part of the assassination.  Close to ridiculous given what's known today.  JMO.  

Edited by Ron Bulman