The Education Forum

CBS and their 1964 Cover Up

Depression is a terrible thing.  My dad had a friend from the lake, a retired track coach who didn't drink, that ate a shotgun in his garage.  If "you'd been married Katherine Graham you'd of shot yourself too", in the opinion of a friend of his, and she was the only one there when he did it...  Who knows.  Maybe he and Demornschildt were both suicided the same way.

• 3 years later...
On 4/25/2019 at 11:49 PM, James DiEugenio said:

This is a really interesting story.  Because it shows just how invested in the cover story CBS was, even before the WR was published.

Which is really something since that concept violates every journalistic standard out there.

Florence Graves was a truly  fine journalist who was quite courageous in taking this issue on.

For me, amid all the interesting revelations in the story, the one that is key is the Bernie Birnbaum quote: CBS was working on this 1964 program months in advance!   Talk about being a lapdog.

The other thing is that Salant switched their policy on outtakes, and lied about it, and he then made up the ridiculous comparison with a reporter's notes.

As I observe in the article, this is no surprise since we know Salant was a xxxx on the JFK case from the 1967 four parter where he lied about McCloy being a consultant.

Amazing what the JFK case does to the MSM isn't it? Ties them up in knots.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/cbs-and-their-1964-jfk-cover-up

(Again, thanks to Bart and Malcolm)

Do you have a copy of the Florence Graves article? "The Mysterious Kennedy Outtakes"?

Edited by Micah Mileto

Jim DiEugenio has done excellent work on the CBS coverup.

In my recent book POLITICAL TRUTH: THE MEDIA

AND THE ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY, I write extensively about CBS, the Washington Post, and

the New York Times and their roles in the coverup. I also

discuss how some members of the media

and some media organizations appear to have played suspicious

roles in the assassination itself and events leading up to it. Carl

Bernstein in his landmark article "The CIA and the Media" names

CBS, the New York Times, and Time-Life as the three leading

media organizations infiltrated by the CIA and doing work for

the Agency. Bernstein goes lightly on his former paper, the Post,

but that organization has long been a CIA front and now

is overt about it thanks to Jeff Bezos's business connections

with the Agency. Phil Graham, as mentioned above, was

a key player in Operation Mockingbird, and the Post

was heavily involved in getting LBJ to name his

Presidential Commission, aka the Warren Commission.

The Post has been printing disinformation about the assassination

ever since it happened, as has the Times. And CBS,

with its mendacious specials issued regularly, has

also been a fount of disinformation.

Edited by Joseph McBride

On the topic of the press, post the assassination, it appears that the pole-cat Lyndon was getting his in early!

LBJ arrived at Love Field shortly before noon on Tuesday, April 23rd 1963, for a busy day of two luncheons, two private conferences at both Dallas newspapers' offices, a large banquet, and an address to a meeting of scientists.  During the one hour conference at the Dallas Times Herald, he said that Kennedy may visit Dallas "on a one day visit to Texas in the near future."  According to some news accounts, Johnson referred to Kennedy using the analogy of an airplane pilot.  He reportedly told the press not to shoot Kennedy down now but wait until his visit to shoot him down.

Excellent work at K&K, per usual.

Well, we could probably create a lengthy and sordid catalog of M$M cover-ups in regards to the JFKA.

If anyone doubts the craven complicity of trusted titans of US media at the time, let them consider this paragraph from Life magazine, which ran in Life's December 6, 1963 issue. Life reports, 

"The 8mm [Zapruder] film shows the President turning his body far around to the right as he waves to someone in the crowd. His throat is exposed to the sniper's nest [in the TSBD] just before he clutches it." 

You see, for a week or two after the JFKA, the word was JFK was shot from the front. So Life magazine printed the above lurid lie.  You would think everyone at Life would commit seppuku after that issue, but they just piled on. 

What is sad for me, a pre-teen youth in the early 1960s, is my "news gold standards" were CBS, TIME, Life, and The Los Angeles Times.  Well, perhaps life disillusions us all. 

Lately, of course, M$M has abundantly re-affirmed its capacity for falsehoods in service of party or establishment.