The Education Forum

Msg for Don R. and question for Tosh

Steve Thomas

Don,

In a couple of forums you have asked if anyone read Flight From Dallas containing the experiences of Sgt. Robert Vinson.

I read the book last night.

A brief summary for others is that he says he was on a flight from Andrews Air Force base to Colorado that was diverted to Dallas on 11/22/63.

The plane landed on a dirt abutment next to the Trinity River just off Industrial Blvd.

Two men got on the plane - one of whom Vinson swears was Lee Harvey Oswald.

The plane took off and flew to Roswell Air Force base where the two crew members and the two new passengers got off leaving Vinson stranded.

My question for Tosh is: Do you know anything about this supposed flight?

Vinson described the plane as a C-54 with no tail markings - just a circle with lines through it like a globe.

Steve Thomas

Don,

In a couple of forums you have asked if anyone read Flight From Dallas containing the experiences of Sgt. Robert Vinson.

I read the book last night.

A brief summary for others is that he says he was on a flight from Andrews Air Force base to Colorado that was diverted to Dallas on 11/22/63.

The plane landed on a dirt abutment next to the Trinity River just off Industrial Blvd.

Two men got on the plane - one of whom Vinson swears was Lee Harvey Oswald.

The plane took off and flew to Roswell Air Force base where the two crew members and the two new passengers got off leaving Vinson stranded.

My question for Tosh is: Do you know anything about this supposed flight?

Vinson described the plane as a C-54 with no tail markings - just a circle with lines through it like a globe.

Steve Thomas

No Steve. I have heard the story.

If you have ever been to Dallas and the Trinety River near Industrial (or anywhere along the river between Oak Cliff and Dallas.., 10 miles north or south) you would see, it would take one hell of an airplane and pilot to land there not to mention a take off with a four engine DC-4 (C54)

I used to drive along the levee and got stuck many times. And too, :) it is not wide enough for an airplane to land and takeoff. (to soft and bushy in the river basin) Dallas Love Field is only five miles to the north of this area. A Dc-4 or C-54 landing there would be quite a sight and many people would flock to see the feat..,iincluding the FAA . :)

....Good Day Steve.... aniTHANKSpopup.gif:)

Don Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, "Big John" Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, the Truth emerges Clearly

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/DP.jpg

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/ROSE...NOUNCEMENT.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/BOND...PINGarnold.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/GHOS...update2001.html

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

"I wasn't keeping track of the number of pops that took place, but I could vouch for number one, and I can vouch for the last shot, but I cannot tell you how many shotS were in between."

----JAMES ALTGENS, close attack witness, during his 22JUL64 warrenatti-testimony (07H517-518)

Edited by Don Roberdeau

Wim,

At what time was this? He was seen in his rooming house at 1 PM and arrested in the Texas Theatre shortly after 1:30 . So that makes it bogus claim right there.

Unless you subscribe to the Two Oswalds or Oswald Lookalikes or Oswald Impersonator theory.

Steve Thomas

Which many people do, so don't discount the theory...Oswald is a puzzle, maybe two.

Tosh is certainly right, though, people weren't landing planes on the banks of the Trinity River in the 1960's.

Sounds like a guy wrote a bad novel based on TOSH PLUMLEE.

Tosh, I read all the sanitized DEA and FBI Phoenix Correspondence.

Very interesting the way the FBI sanitized the JOHNNY ROSELLI material.

The JPEGs were a great look at Censored and ponderous government records.

The experiences you had, (and they are not all there by a long shot), are definitely worth reading...Shanet in Atlanta

I read Flight From Dallas, sometime last year. I also heard one of the writers, James Johnston speak at the COPA Conference last year. Frankly, I wasn't all that impressed with him.

I felt that he wasn't informed enough in some areas, that I thought he should be. I am thinking he is an attorney, but he was rather arrogant and was rather rude to his audience a few times.

I met another man that I do not recall his name. Yet he was somehow connected to this book, it was possibly Jon Roe, the other writer. He was a much friendlier person, whoever he was.

Of course, I realize that a writer's persoanlity doesn't actually mean a story is true or bogus.

However, I also asked several people of their opinion of the story and all felt about as I did. Questionable, although interesting!!

Dixie