The Education Forum

Jesse Curry's famous Quote?

Where did Curry say words to the  effect, we could never put him in that window with a gun?

Is it in his book?

James DiEugenio said:

Jesse Curry's famous Quote?

Where did Curry say words to the effect, we could never put him in that window with a gun?

Is it in his book?

I like this quote of Curry's better....

"I THINK THIS IS THE MAN THAT KILLED THE PRESIDENT." -- Jesse E. Curry; 11/23/63

Play-Audio-Logo-2.png

Chief Curry, in the above quote, was referring, of course, to every conspiracy theorist's favorite "Patsy", Lee H. Oswald.

________________________________________________________________Interviews+With+Jesse+Curry+Logo.png

Edited by David Von Pein

I am not so sure it is in his book.

Does anyone have that book?  Can you cite a page number?

The reason I doubt it because Don Gibson has it in his bibliography, for his The Kennedy Assassination Cover-up.

But he does note use that quote.

Another key Curry quote is from November 23, 1963, his response on live TV to a question

about the lack of clear fingerprints on the rifle. He said, "I don't know whether

it would be enough to convict him or not. If we can put his prints on the rifle,

that would certainly connect him with the rifle." The FBI evidently put his prints

on the rifle the next day, after his death, in the Miller Funeral Home in Fort Worth.

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Where did Curry say words to the  effect, we could never put him in that window with a gun?

Is it in his book?

Here's the article from the 11/6/1969 Dallas Morning News describing Curry's press conference held the previous day during which he said, "No one has ever been able to put him [Oswald] in the Texas School Book Depository with a rifle in his hand."

DMN_11_6_69_Curry_Oswald.jpg

Jim,

I own Curry's book and I read it cover to cover last summer, and no, that quote is not in it. However, he makes it clear that he had doubts about the basics of the case against "Oswald". He clearly believed there could have been multiple shooters.

There is some other pretty good stuff in it though. Maybe I'll do a separate thread just on Jesse Curry's "JFK Assassination Files."

Meanwhile, look at this interview with him:

Thanks for that article Jim.

Yes, and I was aware of this interview Paul.

That would be a great threat to start up.  Curry had buyer's remorse.

7 hours ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

Jim,

I own Curry's book and I read it cover to cover last summer, and no, that quote is not in it. However, he makes it clear that he had doubts about the basics of the case against "Oswald". He clearly believed there could have been multiple shooters.

There is some other pretty good stuff in it though. Maybe I'll do a separate thread just on Jesse Curry's "JFK Assassination Files."

Meanwhile, look at this interview with him:

This thread reminded me that I picked up a used copy of the book awhile back, but I have yet to read it.  I had to dig through some things to find it, but now that it's out I may put it back on my TBR pile of books.  If you do start up a thread, I'll finally have an excuse to read it sooner rather than later.  

what he does say in his book in the first sentence of Chapter V (Lee Harvey Oswald: Was he the Man") is as follows:

The physical evidence and eyewitness accounts do not clearly indicate what took place on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository at the time John F. Kennedy was assassinated."

He ends that paragraph by saying: "The testimony of the people who watched the motorcade was much more confusing than either the press or the Warren Commission seemed to indicate."