The Education Forum

DR Costella's leaning lamppost

For reference, Kayvan thinks he can see a county records building shooter in the sprocket holes of the Zapruder film. That anomaly can be seen and the vast majorly of the Z frames, through the whole sweep. It’s a ridiculous notion.

Between Butler and Kayvan, well, good offerings by Chris and Robin just get wholly contaminated with bunk.

Edited by Michael Clark

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Robin Unger said:

Nix frame

0053.jpg

Skaggs3.thumb.jpg.f8fa39b4043697e10dc774

Robin, I don't remember ever seeing either of these frames, much less them together.  They are moving.  In conjunction with the first picture of Jackie's  smile as Jack leans over to hear her the second picture of JFK smiling at her is overwhelming.  It brought tears to my eyes, thinking about the last happiness between them, a minute before he left us.

Reputedly Nellie Connally then said Mr. President, You can't say Dallas doesn't Love you.  The last words he heard.  And the citizens lining the parade route on Main did. 

9 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

“Texas Monthly”
interview with Rosemary Willis Roach, her sister Linda Willis Pool, and mother Marilyn Willis

Credit: Anthony Marsh

Marilyn: My husband was an executive salesman at the Downtown Lincoln and he had a friend that worked in the used car department and someone that identified himself as Oswald took him on a wild, wild ride. A test drive. Oswald couldn't even drive a car.

TM: When the gunshots went off, what were you doing? Your kids were running around.

Marilyn: Looking for them. My parents had gone around the end, if you're familiar with Bronson's picture, the jacket on his book. It shows my mother. She's in a white coat with a blue scarf tied around her head. My daddy's following her. They went around the south end of the center of Dealey Plaza. My husband had gone up the sidewalk, and the two kids following him, and I was stuck there in the last window of the pavilion in Dealey Plaza by the reflecting pool. Well, I didn't know where they were, and I set out to find ...the Roaches.

Image2.jpg

Thanks Robin,

So that's not Willis in Muchmore. I was wrong on that. I don't see Willis taking photos on Houston St. He could have been just out of camera view from the other filmers.

The bald-spot guy appearing in Muchmore twice and Dorman does appear to be the same one I've pointed out in Hughes, Martin. He's also in Bell running towards the steps which lead down to Elm St.

I still believe that is the route(steps) that Willis had to take to make it in time for Z133. I'll explain that in a bit.

The Cutler/Sprague plat mislabeled the filming position of Muchmore and instead put Martin's name there.

That threw me off a bit in terms of the positional relationship between bald-spot, Willis and Muchmore.

Willis appears to have remained in the same location when he took both pictures on Houston St.  LOS works for both.

The limo is 63ft farther up Houston St than Willis' physical location when he takes his last picture.

"Mannequin Row has 19 people in it.  I always assumed that people are about 2 feet wide at the shoulders.  If you do the math then Mannequin Row is about 38-40 feet in width.

I can't believe these calculations based on this internet information:

"Based on their measurements, the average shoulder width for American women was 14.4 inches (36.7 cm). Based on the shoulder measurements of 7,476 men aged 20 years and older taken during the same time period, the average shoulder width of men in the United States was 16.1 inches (41.1 cm).Oct 26, 2018"

I average the male and female shoulder widths and came up with 15.25.  I then multiplied it for 19 people.  This came out to 289.75 inches or 24.15 feet.  There is a few inches in between people there and will add more to that figure.

But, that is not much wider than the presidential limousine.  It is closer to 30 feet than 40 feet."

z136-1a.jpg

I'm not real happy with this post.  For years I have used the figure of roughly 40 feet to describe the distance between lamppost on Elm near the R L Thornton sign and the Stemmons sign. 

My shoulders are 20 inches and I have never considered myself broad shouldered.  16 inches for men and 14 inches for women.

Oh well, that will give a closer estimate for the distance between the two points.

Maybe, a closer look will turn up something different.  There are 16 women in line at 14.1 average inches per shoulders per woman.  That is 16 x 14.1 = 225.6 inches.  Let’s add an extra 2 inches between ladies for 32 more inches.  That totals 257.6 divided by 12 or 21.4 feet.

For the men that is 16.1 x 3 = 48.3 inches and 6 inches extra for separation between individual.  That amounts to 54.3 divided by 12 = 4.5 feet.  Add the women and men together and we have 25.9 feet for the line.  Throw in an extra 5 feet (just a guess here) to account for a random variable distance between people and we have 30.9 feet.

Not a bad 1st estimate of 30 feet according to this math.

Edited by John Butler

Davidson,

Are you saying Zapruder and Bronson are correct rather than Willis and Betzner?  Has Willis and Betzner been faked?  I can't see any signs of photo editing in Willis or Betzner.

I don't see any signs of photo editing in Bronson either.  But, I see plenty in Zapruder.  And, so do others. 

Above, your angle of Zapruder's filming doesn't match Betzner or Willis.  It seems extreme with Zapruder placed to far to the west. 

These distances are about dead on with what I originally thought.

"Lateral distance from Stemmons sign to scarf lady = 32.5ft

Lateral distance from Stemmons sign to light post = 73.75ft"

I have to change my original estimate of 70 feet for the distance from the Stemmons sign to the lamppost to approximately 60 feet in the Bronson frame.  30 feet for Mannequin Row and 30 feet for the gap to the Stemmons sign in Bronson.  This was based on measuring shoulder widths.  See above.

5 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

Phil Willis path ?

P1010181.JPG

Start with this path first.

He's 200ft away.

200ft/17.84 sec = 7.62mph

I would think that the latter part of Bronson would show him running towards the steps, but I don't see anyone over there.

The only person we see down this corridor is bald spot man in other films.

48001088418_68f910d934_o.png

41 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Drommer/West plats layered.

48001366846_d8fd5e8d93_b.jpg

39 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

Start with this path first.

He's 200ft away.

200ft/17.84 sec = 7.62mph

I would think that the latter part of Bronson would show him running towards the steps, but I don't see anyone over there.

The only person we see down this corridor is bald spot man in other films.

48001088418_68f910d934_o.png

Willis testimony from the Clay Shaw trial.

It's too bad we don't have the exhibits from the trial.

48001435888_045df9a9cf_o.png

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

Davidson,

Are you saying Zapruder and Bronson are correct rather than Willis and Betzner?  Has Willis and Betzner been faked?  I can't see any signs of photo editing in Willis or Betzner.

I don't see any signs of photo editing in Bronson either.  But, I see plenty in Zapruder.  And, so do others. 

Above, your angle of Zapruder's filming doesn't match Betzner or Willis.  It seems extreme with Zapruder placed to far to the west. 

These distances are about dead on with what I originally thought.

I have to change my original estimate of 70 feet for the distance from the Stemmons sign to the lamppost to approximately 60 feet in the Bronson frame.  30 feet for Mannequin Row and 30 feet for the gap to the Stemmons sign in Bronson.  This was based on measuring shoulder widths.  See above.

My first question would be.

Who overlaps in the background of Betzner and Willis?

Discount the overlaps and come up with a total.

Something like this:

ee721d04-9fba-489e-9816-ccb143d619b9-ori

Nice work Chris.:clapping

When you did the small Bronson GIF, it showed Marylin Willis's parents standing next to the white column.

Is that Phil Willis standing in front of Linda Willis ?

6d61a764-f842-4205-82b4-0e081e4443f4-ori

Edited by Robin Unger