The Education Forum

When were Hill and Moorman on WFAA?

In looking back over my witness database, I realized that I have no time for Jean Hill and Mary Moorman's interview on WFAA. So I looked back through a bunch of 11-22-63 WFAA footage and couldn't find it.

I know they were on other stations at 3:16 and 3:30. But when were they on WFAA?

Note: in re-watching the interviews, I realized that these interviews took place at night, a number of hours after Hill and Moorman had originally been interviewed. As a result, my "need" to know just when they were interviewed is not as severe as I thought.

Edited by Pat Speer

Pat Speer said:

In looking back over my witness database, I realized that I have no time for Jean Hill and Mary Moorman's interview on WFAA. So I looked back through a bunch of 11-22-63 WFAA footage and couldn't find it.

I know they were on other stations at 3:16 and 3:30. But when were they on WFAA?

It's difficult to put a specific timestamp on those interviews. But I can tell that it's pretty late in the day on 11/22/63, because WFAA has had time to create and set up the nameplates which were placed in front of the reporters at the WFAA news desk. In the Jean Hill interview, the reporter (Bill Lord) says that "it's several hours later" [after the assassination]....

JEAN HILL INTERVIEW

MARY MOORMAN INTERVIEW

Edited by David Von Pein

I don't know about WFAA Pat but regarding David's "pretty late in the day" and "it's several hours later" Jean Hill's The Last Dissenting Witness has this to say regarding when her first statements became public.

"By shortly after 4:00 PM , news vendors in downtown Dallas were getting $10.00 per copy for the edition of The Dallas Times Herald carrying details of the arrest of a suspect named Lee Harvey Oswald who worked at the Texas School Book Depository. … " On an inside page in the front section … reproduction of Mary's Polaroid and the story on Mary and Jean."  "Jean Hill of 9042 Bluff Creek".

I.E.  The news was out 2 1/2 hours after JFK was shot.  In print.  Time to interview afterward.  Get to the newspaper office.  Transcribe.  Set.  Print and distribute.  I could see it being out on TV an hour before that.