The Education Forum

Bell Film - Image in between sprockets

I am looking at the bell film gif that shows the records building.  There seems to be an image in the sprockets.  Most likely of a person captured above and to the left.

Can anybody help here?

I can think that maybe Chris Davidson can help...

Wow  Chris,

Thats the cleanest copy of bell film i have seen......could you please post the whole thing......if not a section that shows the overpass just as limo goes thru tunnel......many thanks.

Adam

The images in the sprockets, of a person above and to the left?  They come into view in the actual frames Chris presents.  The guys hanging out the windows of the records building clapping?  Two people in a window of the Dal-Tex building front facing Elm, East of Houston?  Pretty clear.  As Adam says, I'd like to see the overpass this clearly too. 

11 minutes ago, Robin Unger said:

Bell

Bell.gif

Thank you.  Never realized you can see the traffic moving on Stemmons in the back ground.  Or noticed the guy running up the hill on the grass from the overpass.  Or the guy, and gal(?) running away from Elm towards him.  While many from that area were rushing towards the grassy knoll.

Thanks Robin,

Is there any chance you can do a gif that includes the area where the concrete overpass meets the picket fence line of the knoll.....im pretty sure it appears for a few frames prior to where this one starts and it also shows up as bell starts back up elm street after ss car disappears into shade.

Many Thanks 

Adam.

38 minutes ago, Adam Johnson said:

Thanks Robin,

Is there any chance you can do a gif that includes the area where the concrete overpass meets the picket fence line of the knoll.....im pretty sure it appears for a few frames prior to where this one starts and it also shows up as bell starts back up elm street after ss car disappears into shade.

Many Thanks 

Adam.

snapshot20111219191615.jpg

Thanks Robin,

I have visited your amazing site hundreds of times over the years....thanks for all your effort in compiling and maintaining the site.

This is by far the cleanest single frame pics of the bell film i have seen anywhere.....I have been interested in the area i have highlighted below for almost 20 years now.....i even was in contact with Harry Cabluck regarding his pics from the press bus as it rolled by that day......one in particular that had a square section of the fence line covered over in the only images available of this fence area for many years like 1990 to 2010, later after writing too him several times he told me a university had all his negatives and a reader of Robert Harris forum went and found them...which has resulted in a super clean clear image of that piece of fence line with no square section covered up....why the covered section image showed up in every available photo for the first 40 plus years prior has always troubled me....

I know it may be a lot to ask, but is there any way you could put together a moving frame by frame Gif that shows this area from your bell film copy?????i know its a lot to ask but my computer skills are non existent when it comes to such things.....many thanks once again, Adam..

bell snapshot edit.jpg

18 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Not sure what image you are referring to.

c09f0009-8f12-4b88-8787-417f85b76809-ori

In this frame, in between the sprockets right below the top sprocket and the end of the sequence, there seems to be what looks like a character there.

12 minutes ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

In this frame, in between the sprockets right below the top sprocket and the end of the sequence, there seems to be what looks like a character there.

I believe you are describing the "ghost image" area.

Yep thats the spot Robin,

But in Nov 63 both those tree trunks where very young and thin....one was bent out and upwards like an elbow .....however at the time of the assassination both trunks were in shadow by the tree further down the knoll towards the footpath and the section of fencing that bends back towards the TSBD was in full sunlight.... So why any dark section appears in this fully lit 8 to 10 feet of picket fencing is unusual..........this was the very first section of picket fencing perhaps 8 to 10 feet long that is the straight line grassy knoll fence  running back up towards the pergola........It is also the fist spot concealed from view of anyone standing on the triple overpass......my thinking is that one or two of those pickets were loosened at the bottom cross beam that holds the pickets in place and a gap allowing vision and line of sight back up Elm st was created by pushing them out slightly and to the side. I dont think someone was in the storm drain behind the fence, but it is possible that they could have been laying down prone on the ground looking thru a gap to the left of the drain.

I've stood, sat and laid down in this spot several times for different lengths of time and as a shooter myself other then inside the Daltex building its the only outside firing position that you could ask me to personally place myself if i had to agree to attempt to take a single shot at the president. 

There was enough space to fire behind or in front of those two thin tree trunks back in 1963.....the prone firing position i have marked in the second image is behind the concrete section which can be seen in the first image......If you look at the Canncellare photo from that day you can see the large tree that shades the two smaller ones which are right behind the large trees trunk in that image.......you can also grasp the distance back to the underpass fence line point where people have run to and are looking over the fence at the railway yard. 

In the Bell film several times a black line appears in this section of fence line that is in bright sunlight.....its not a shadow cast by the two small tree trunks and its not the trunks themselves...so logically the fence pickets or a picket must be ajar to create the black line....well thats my speculation and why i believe Harry Cabluck's photo had a box covering this fence section for 40 years.

Regards, 

Adam. 

Drain2.jpg

Drain123.jpg

Is this what you are talking about?

bell-gif-shahrdar.jpg

Those two objects in the Elm Street air just seem to be film blemishes or faults.

The arrow pointing towards the window indicates another film problem blemish.  In some frames it looks like someone is shooting a rifle in others it is just random blemishes.

People have noticed that before.  This is a good shot for an old problem.  There is no Officer Joe Marshall Smith under the Court Records windows as he said he was.

Edited by John Butler