The Education Forum

Time I Changed Profile Picture.

Can someone please tell me how to change my profile pic from a dashing 35 year old to my true current heavier but more mature 67 year old state?

I think it's time to present an honest view of me now versus that vain 32 year old pic.

Thanks, Joe B.

Edited by Joe Bauer

See, I just assumed everyone here looked exactly like their tiny, round photos...

I think you can change your profile photo if you click on your forum profile information in the upper right hand corner.  That should take you to your personal forum profile page.  There should be a little photo icon on top of your picture.  Click on that, and then you should be able to upload a new photo to replace the old one.

At least, that's how it has worked on a forum that I used to visit that was run by this type of software.  Not being an expert on this particular forum, there could be some variation.

On my iPad...

go to your profile...

click on the photo icon near your pic.

then you can upload a new avatar..... but

you first need to take the phot you want to use, and then resize it and save it in a size that meets the criteria of a max of  .1 mb. Irfanview was a program that I always used to resize and resample things, like avatars.

If you want to send me a pic, I will try to get it to the right size for you. 

22 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Mine is from about 1985 I believe.

Don't faint when you see my current one.

Ignore Michael's instructions.  Keep your current picture.  Your only that young once.  I was near 60 in mine, glad I had the sunglasses and hat on.  BTW, the hat's from the sixth floor museum, about the only thing I'd want from there.  A USS John F. Kennedy Navy cap.

See, I just assumed everyone here looked exactly like their tiny, round photos...

The tiny, round photos widen your face (actually, your whole head), compared to the ones on the previous forum host.  I'm not complaining, but I do look less than Charlie Brown in the original photo.

Edited by David Andrews

12 hours ago, David Andrews said:

The tiny, round photos widen your face (actually, your whole head), compared to the ones on the previous forum host.  I'm not complaining, but I do look less than Charlie Brown in the original photo.

If I were to meet someone from here, I'd never know them unless they said their name.  The Charlie-Brown effect makes it hard to ID people...then again, maybe that's a good thing?

Stephanie, I would recognize "you" instantly.

Great smile, the glasses and especially the big floppy hat.

That hat says a lot about you.

You are easy going and not full of yourself...right?

Edited by Joe Bauer

My profile picture is from my 1960 high-school yearbook. I know I looked old for my age. You should see me now. Over the years, though, my head has become less wide. Old people do tend to shrink.