The Education Forum

H.P. Albarelli has passed away. RIP to a talented writer.

2 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

There’s really only one guy howling in that DPF thread to be honest. I’m just relieved that HP’s book looks like it’s in solid hands.

That’s how I feel too.

3 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

There’s really only one guy howling in that DPF thread to be honest. I’m just relieved that HP’s book looks like it’s in solid hands.

I counted two.  Maybe the second howls in two registers, with an overarching self-promotion.

Edited by David Andrews

18 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Alan Kent has been working on the project with Hank for at least a couple of years now and actually has done considerable research for him....I can't think of anyone I would trust more to bring it to completion.

Agreed Larry. Alan is a first class researcher and author.

Leslie Sharp posted this quotation on Facebook yesterday:

"Albarelli’s book “A Terrible Mistake,” concludes that the CIA chemist Frank Olson did not commit suicide in 1953 but was pushed because he was about to reveal deep secrets. The Olson case is a central part of my forthcoming book “Poisoner in Chief: Sidney Gottlieb and the CIA Search for Mind Control.” Albarelli was most generous in helping me with my research. Thanks and RIP." -- Stephen Kinzer

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Stephanie Goldberg said:

I just now realized who this is as I was reading his book about Frank Olson.  What a terrible loss!  He was clearly a good writer with a penchant for doing research.  

There’s a Docudrama on Netflix titled Wormwood about Frank Olson. The episodes mix in interviews with his son and his quest to figure out what really happened to his father. I thought it was pretty good and binge watched it one weekend. I recommend it if your reading about Olson

3 hours ago, John Kozlowski said:

There’s a Docudrama on Netflix titled Wormwood about Frank Olson. The episodes mix in interviews with his son and his quest to figure out what really happened to his father. I thought it was pretty good and binge watched it one weekend. I recommend it if your reading about Olson

I just watched the first episode!  While I know that all of this happened to real people, it's fascinating and humbling to be able to see this and connect it with the people whose story I am reading.  Thanks for the recommendation!!