The Education Forum

Richard Bernabei Collection Visit

I’ll be at the Kingston Queen’s University for the next two days to examine this archive of material by this 60s/70s researchers who was in contact with other researchers as Dick Sprague, Weisberg, Murr and member Steve Jaffe. My main interests are photos, films and audios. Thanks to Bart Kamp for informing me of the existence of this archive.

we will be making a plea at the CAPA conference for researchers with significant files to digitalize them so they are available to all researchers. there are too many silos of paper files that are inaccessible to researchers. these paper silos have no economic value (they arent like baseball memorialia) but need to be made available to researchers.  will be a panel about how to do this. 

On 7/4/2019 at 2:15 PM, Lawrence Schnapf said:

we will be making a plea at the CAPA conference for researchers with significant files to digitalize them so they are available to all researchers. there are too many silos of paper files that are inaccessible to researchers. these paper silos have no economic value (they arent like baseball memorialia) but need to be made available to researchers.  will be a panel about how to do this.  

Lawrence:

Good idea, I would like to see what documents other researchers have, and have files to upload as well. Where would they uploaded to?

John

I would be willing to share much more of what I have if someone paid my gas, plane ticket, hotel stay, etc. Everybody wants everything for free. But most of the times whatever you give for free is not seen as so valuable. And being called a retarded, an idiot, a spy, a government agent motivates someone to keep what he has to himself. Why would this person share with he has with someone who treated you badly? I keep sharing what I have but I select who I share with. I'm not an idiot.

Edited by Denis Morissette