The Education Forum

Two Oswalds in the Texas Theater

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

So the plotters sent this look-alike to do what...? 

The plotters sent the look-alike (let's call him "Lee") to 10th and Patton to murder J.D. Tippit, and then, after giving his gun, jacket, and wallet containing Oswald and Hidell ID's to Captain Westbrook, Lee went to the Texas Theater, was told to make a scene entering it to lead police there, where the other Oswald (let's call him "Harvey") had already been inside for 10 minutes or so.

NOVEMBER 22, 1963

2 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

The plotters sent the look-alike (let's call him "Lee") to 10th and Patton to murder J.D. Tippit, and then, after giving his gun, jacket, and wallet containing Oswald and Hidell ID's to Captain Westbrook, Lee went to the Texas Theater, was told to make a scene entering it to lead police there, where the other Oswald (let's call him "Harvey") had already been inside for 10 minutes or so.

NOVEMBER 22, 1963

Good stuff for novels. I could create dozens of theories contradicting each other but making enough sense on their own. CTers' life is the easy life! CTers can create their own scenarios and changed the details as much as they want. 

36 minutes ago, Paul Bacon said:

Ahhh, the million dollar question.  If I could answer that I'd be writing a book...

CTers wrote a lot of books by being creative and selective with the facts. With a little effort and imagination, you could certainly come up with a scenario however stretched out it is.

1 minute ago, Denis Morissette said:

CTers wrote a lot of books by being creative and selective with the facts. With a little effort and imagination, you could certainly come up with a scenario however stretched out it is.

Ironic that you think CTers are being creative and selective.  It was the Warren Commission who's creative and selective actions necessitated further research.

20 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

Good stuff for novels. I could create dozens of theories contradicting each other but making enough sense on their own. CTers' life is the easy life! CTers can create their own scenarios and change the details as much as they want. 

Amen!

"That's what is so terribly nice about being a conspiracy theorist, isn't it? You can just start spitting out theories and fall back on CTer Rule #4A: "If All Else Fails, Just Say That Something Is Fake". LNers, thankfully, don't have such freedom with the evidence. And therein lies one of the major differences between a "CT" mindset and the "LN" mindset.....not every single thing has to be "suspicious" or "phony" to an "LNer" in order to arrive at the truth." -- DVP; October 28, 2007

Edited by David Von Pein

2 minutes ago, Paul Bacon said:

Ironic that you think CTers are being creative and selective.  It was the Warren Commission who's creative and selective actions necessitated further research.

They had 8 months to produce a report. Errors and mishaps always happen when you are on a rush. If the people in high power had wanted to cover up the truth, they would have never made the report and their several volumes public. Think about it.

7 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Amen!

"That's what is so terribly nice about being a conspiracy theorist, isn't it? You can just start spitting out theories and fall back on CTer Rule #4A: "If All Else Fails, Just Say That Something Is Fake". LNers, thankfully, don't have such freedom with the evidence. And therein lies one of the major differences between a "CT" mindset and the "LN" mindset.....not every single thing has to be "suspicious" or "phony" to an "LNer" in order to arrive at the truth." -- David Von Pein; October 28, 2007

Very true. And if everything failed, accuse the person who contradicts you to be a WC supporter, a government agent or a paid shill. Attach whatever has a bad smell to it.

Edited by Denis Morissette

53 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

They had 8 months to produce a report. Errors and mishaps always happen when you are on a rush. If the people in high power had wanted to cover up the truth, they would have never made the report and their several volumes public. Think about it.

The whole point of the Warren Report was to go public.  It was supposed to convince the public that there was no conspiracy.  Unfortunately for them, they raised more questions than they answered.  Allen Dulles thought no one would read it --this from the pinnacle of Intelligence.

Edited by Paul Bacon

On 7/19/2019 at 4:08 AM, John Kozlowski said:

I’m glad you brought this up. The arrest out of the back door is one of the parts of the Oswald tale that really interests me. Hoping some of the experts here can explain what they know about the arrest around back. 

Great critical thinking by Greg Parker & Co. found here (theater arrest, Tippit shooting, etc):

FWIW....

Here's an excerpt from Vincent Bugliosi's JFK book concerning some of the things Johnny Brewer did while at the Texas Theater on 11/22/63 (emphasis added by DVP):

"Behind the stage Johnny Brewer is standing near the curtains that separate the audience and the exit door on the left side of the screen. When the house lights come up, he steps to the curtain and scans the astonished audience. There he is—the man he saw slip into the theater. He's sitting in the center section, six or seven rows from the back of the theater. No sooner do the lights come up than the man stands up, and scoots to the aisle to his right. Police are pouring into the lobby. The suspect turns around and sits back down, this time in the third row from the back.

Suddenly, Brewer hears someone rattling the exit door from the outside. The shoe store manager pushes the door open and is immediately grabbed by two officers as he is exiting. The alley is crawling with cops, some up on the theater's fire escape. Officer Thomas A. Hutson puts a gun into Brewer's stomach. "Put your hands up and don't make a move." Brewer is shaking. "I'm not the one," he stammers. "I just came back to open the door for you. I work up the street. There's a guy inside that I was suspicious of."

The officer can see that Brewer's clothing—sport coat and tie—is different from the description of the suspect. "Is he still there?" Hutson asks. "Yes. I just seen him," Brewer tells him, and leads the lawmen into the theater."
-- Page 104 of "Reclaiming History" by Vincent T. Bugliosi

Bugliosi's source for the words I put in bold text above is 7 H 30, which is Warren Commission testimony from Dallas police officer Thomas A. Hutson. In that WC testimony, Hutson said this about Brewer:

OFFICER HUTSON -- "We pulled up to this location [the Texas Theater] and I was the first out of the car to hit the ground. As I walked up to the fire exit doors, Officer Hawkins and Baggett were getting out of the car, and the door to the theatre opened, and this unknown white male was exiting. I drew my pistol and put it on him and told him to put up his hands and not to make a move, and he was real nervous and scared and said: "I am not the one. I just came back to open the door. I work up the street at the shoestore, and Julia sent me back to open the door so you could get in." I walked up and searched him briefly and I could see by the description and his clothes that he wasn't the person we were looking for. Then I entered the theatre from this door."

Edited by David Von Pein