Jump to content
The Education Forum
Ron Bulman

Two Oswalds in the Texas Theater

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Stephanie Goldberg said:

There's one report done on 11/23/63, although I do not understand the THROUGH Lt Jack Revill part of the heading.

metapth191000_m_DSMA_91-005-3784_01.med_res.jpg

Just a WAG.  But it looks kind of like Criminal Intelligence Detective Stringfellow  is trying to officially document through proper channels, Lieutenant Revill, and with his approval in turn, Capitan Gannaway,  what he believed, witnessed or participated in to be the Truth.  That one Oswald Was arrested in the Balcony.

As he did this the day after the assassination and arrest was it an effort on his part to clear up confusion within the DPD about where the arrest occurred?

Of course this info was then deep sixed, buried, ignored by the Warren Omission and FBI.  Not something Hoover wanted to hear.  LBJ had an aide call old friend Wade to shut down any investigation.

Thanks Stephanie, I've never seen it myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The official homicide report for J.D. Tippitt also says, “Suspect was later arrested in the balcony of the Texas Theatre at 231 W. Jefferson.”  This document and the one above both appear on page 1 of this thread.

balcony1.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stephanie Goldberg said:

There's one report done on 11/23/63, although I do not understand the THROUGH Lt Jack Revill part of the heading.

 

Stephanie,

Captain Gannaway was the head of the Special Service Bureau in the Dallas Police Department. Stringfellow was one of the Detectives in that Bureau. Many of the Detectives in that Bureau submitted their reports to Gannaway by routing them through Jack Revill, who was a Lieutenant, and served directly under Gannaway.

See Batchelor's Exhibit 5002 in Vol XIX of the WC Hearings and Exhibits. (p. 120 of the Exhibit/p. 4 of the pdf file)

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/pdf/WH19_Batchelor_Ex_5002.pdf

I have found this document very helpful over the years.

 

Steve Thomas

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks to Malcolm Blunt for the files. Digitised by yours truly.
 
jun_9_24.jpg
jun_9_26.jpg
jun_9_25.jpgjun_9_28.jpg
jun_9_29.jpg
jun_9_27.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Thanks to Malcolm Blunt
 
jun_1410.jpg
 
and
 
a7158e10.jpg
 
 
and
 
 
may_8_10.jpg
Edited by Bart Kamp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Searched him good and found nothing”

2.5 hrs later 5 bullets and a bus transfer are supposedly found in his pants pocket and shirt pocket, respectively. 

Thx Bart, that about blows those items of evidence out the window...

2145434580_5bulletsfromOswaldcompartedtobulletsinammobelt.jpg.501205107821a313f1d4e49286fc6189.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Stephanie,

Captain Gannaway was the head of the Special Service Bureau in the Dallas Police Department. Stringfellow was one of the Detectives in that Bureau. Many of the Detectives in that Bureau submitted their reports to Gannaway by routing them through Jack Revill, who was a Lieutenant, and served directly under Gannaway.

See Batchelor's Exhibit 5002 in Vol XIX of the WC Hearings and Exhibits. (p. 120 of the Exhibit/p. 4 of the pdf file)

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/pdf/WH19_Batchelor_Ex_5002.pdf

I have found this document very helpful over the years.

 

Steve Thomas

 

Thank you, Steve!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, David Josephs said:

“Searched him good and found nothing”

2.5 hrs later 5 bullets and a bus transfer are supposedly found in his pants pocket and shirt pocket, respectively. 

Thx Bart, that about blows those items of evidence out the window...

2145434580_5bulletsfromOswaldcompartedtobulletsinammobelt.jpg.501205107821a313f1d4e49286fc6189.jpg

It most certainly does. It also kills off the BS that Oswald pulled the revolver and tried to shoot MacDonald and that firing pin did a malfunction. Since he had his hand on the gun inside his belt and they were all standing on that very hand.....

I think the gun was tossed, as that is what Rose said when talking to Oswald.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bart, good find. But page 2 is not there.

EDIT: It says page 2 is missing on the top of page 3... 

Edited by Denis Morissette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, David Josephs said:

“Searched him good and found nothing”

2.5 hrs later 5 bullets and a bus transfer are supposedly found in his pants pocket and shirt pocket, respectively. 

Thx Bart, that about blows those items of evidence out the window.

It does no such thing.

Officer C.T. Walker obviously meant that he found no weapons on Oswald when Walker searched him at City Hall. Walker, at that point, wasn't concerned about a bus transfer being in LHO's pocket, nor was he concerned about the five loose bullets. Walker was concerned with WEAPONS still being on Oswald's person.

CT-Walker-HSCA-Interview-Excerpt.png

It's nearly impossible for me to believe, however, that somebody from the DPD, prior to Walker, hadn't already patted down LHO for additional weapons while they still had Oswald in the theater. And some police officer probably did that very thing in the theater itself. That's almost always the very first thing you see cops doing after they arrest a suspect---they pat him down for weapons. And I doubt that that standard routine was any different with U.S. police departments in circa 1963.

More Bullet Talk:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2011/11/dvp-vs-dieugenio-part-70.html#The-Bullets-In-Oswalds-Pocket

 

Edited by David Von Pein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Von Pein said:

And I doubt that that standard routine was any different with U.S. police departments in circa 1963.

 

According to the evidence Dave, he was searched 2, maybe 3 full times before those critical items were “found” between 4 and 4:30pm before the lineup

Bullets which specifically fit the pistol used by the Dallas, if not most major city’s police departments.

And a useless bus transfer, other than to put him on a bus he was provably not on...  both McWatters and Whaley said you could pick the man out just by listening to him.... that and he was so different from the others in the lineup.

Mr. BALL - Do you know who that was? 
Mr. McWATTERS - Just like I told them, I didn't know who was who or anything. 
Mr. BALL - Did you ever learn who that person was? 
Mr. McWATTERS - Well, I don't know whether that was really the man or not, I don't know. 
Mr. BALL - I see.

1255385531_McWattersstatementfromFBIreportstatingheneverIDOswald-smallerhighlightedsmaller.jpg.1cb3f60d9c8913d90c8a69080fd2b420.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is particularly interesting because I was under the impression that Butch Burroughs first talked about “Oswald’s” “double” at the Texas Theater during his 2007 interview with James Douglass.  But he clearly talked about it much earlier.

Thanks to Bart and Malcolm for this.

a7158e10.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

It most certainly does. It also kills off the BS that Oswald pulled the revolver and tried to shoot MacDonald and that firing pin did a malfunction. Since he had his hand on the gun inside his belt and they were all standing on that very hand.....

I think the gun was tossed, as that is what Rose said when talking to Oswald.

 

Isn't it kind of strange they never looked for fingerprints on this gun he had hidden in his shorts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...