The Education Forum

Two Oswalds in the Texas Theater

15 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:
Thanks to Malcolm Blunt for the files. Digitised by yours truly.

Bart,

image.png.2dcea1cf7a8c5ef5ff5a64a5bfbe8335.png

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/carroll.htm

Mr. BELIN. During the drive down from the Texas Theatre, to the police station, do you remember any conversation with Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mr. CARROLL. Some. He stated that he had not done anything that - he said, "Well, I was carrying a pistol, but that is all."
Mr. BELIN. Was he ever asked his name?
Mr. CARROLL. Yes, sir; he was asked his name.
Mr. BELIN. Did he give his name?
Mr. CARROLL. He gave, the best I recall, I wasn't able to look closely, but the best I recall, he gave two names, I think. I don't recall what the other one was.
Mr. BELIN. Did he give two names? Or did someone in the car read from the identification?
Mr. CARROLL. Someone in the car may have read from the identification. I know two names, the best I recall, were mentioned.
Mr. BELIN. Were any addresses mentioned?
Mr. CARROLL. Not that I recall; no, sir.

So much for the wallet in the back pocket huh?

Steve Thomas

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wasn't Oswald booked when they got back to the police station?

Why did they skip booking and take him directly to the third floor Homicide offices?

I've never read a good explanation for that.

As a matter of fact, I don't remember ever reading any explanation for that.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

5 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Isn't it kind of strange they never looked for fingerprints on this gun he had hidden in his shorts?

Or the holster 'found' at Beckley.

50 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Why wasn't Oswald booked when they got back to the police station?

Why did they skip booking and take him directly to the third floor Homicide offices?

I've never read a good explanation for that.

As a matter of fact, I don't remember ever reading any explanation for that.

Steve Thomas

Very good point Steve, all that admin was done after the press conference.

7 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

Very good point Steve, all that admin was done after the press conference.

Bart,

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/carroll.htm

"Mr. CARROLL. When we got down in the basement and brought Oswald up, I was in front with everyone else surrounding him and we walked directly from the car to the elevator, got on the elevator and went up to the third floor to the homicide and robbery office and took him right into the homicide and robbery office and took him into one of our interrogation rooms, where we released him to the homicide and robbery office."

If he had gone through booking, they would have made him empty his pockets. The whole controversy with the bullets in his pocket, and the bus transfer could have been avoided.

Was that by design, or did the DPD seize on an opportunity to plant evidence?

Steve Thomas

It is more than evident that the DPD cut corners on many things. And I am doing by best to describe it a such and not worse.

On 7/22/2019 at 5:59 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

From the Dallas Police Department:

Dollar_bill_halves.png

From the CIA:

Half-dollar_2.jpgHalf-dollar_1.jpg

I knew I'd seen that half dollar somewhere before.  Thanks Jim.  It's important I think.  Only one purpose I can see to having such, to find a match.  I'd think the first Oswald took it to the balcony, then the orchestra, where caught with it.

On 7/22/2019 at 5:59 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

From the Dallas Police Department:

Dollar_bill_halves.png

Jim,

By possessing the halves of two different bills, do you think LHO was supposed to meet up with one person who also had the halves to those two bills; or that he was supposed to meet up with two different people at different stages who might, or might not know each other?

Steve Thomas

16 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Jim,

By possessing the halves of two different bills, do you think LHO was supposed to meet up with one person who also had the halves to those two bills; or that he was supposed to meet up with two different people at different stages who might, or might not know each other?

Steve Thomas

Whew.....tough question there Steve. If a solid, evidence-based answer to that could be given, the entire Texas Theater gig (officially) would be wounded even further.

16 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Jim,

Steve Thomas

Nobody knows where the "half bill" note came from or who owned the half bills. However, the official list of items found in Oswald's pocket lists a "torn" $1 bill with "300" written on it: https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1317#relPageId=209&tab=page

WH_Vol22_0105a.jpg

I am not aware of any pictures of this torn dollar bill, or the two "half bills".

Edited by Micah Mileto

1 hour ago, Micah Mileto said:

Nobody knows where the "half bill" note came from or who owned the half bills. However, the official list of items found in Oswald's pocket lists a "torn" $1 bill with "300" written on it: https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1317#relPageId=209&tab=page

WH_Vol22_0105a.jpg

I am not aware of any pictures of this torn dollar bill, or the two "half bills".

So realistically it could have just been a bill with a torn corner it wasn’t necessarily a dollar bill torn in half. Most books I’ve read mention he had two bills torn in half. Are there any witness statements or testimony that he did have two bills torn in half?

I’ve also read that he had a box top torn in half. That came from Lamar Waldron’s book so you have to consider the source on that one.

John A. wrote this on our website:

After his arrest, the police found two halves of two different dollar bills in his wallet (see below). This was a CIA method of clandestine contact (review CIA memorandum of 7/9/63 below). Wherever and whenever Oswald met his contact, this person would provide confirmation of his identity with the other half of these dollar bills. Curiously, neither of these items were listed on the police inventory of 11/23/63, the joint FBI/DPD inventory of 11/26/63 (Oswald's so-called possessions), nor were they photographed. At the National Archives, in Adelphi, MD, I inspected and handled each item of inventory listed on the joint FBI/DPD inventory of 11/26/63. These items were not among the inventory.

2 hours ago, John Kozlowski said:

So realistically it could have just been a bill with a torn corner it wasn’t necessarily a dollar bill torn in half. Most books I’ve read mention he had two bills torn in half. Are there any witness statements or testimony that he did have two bills torn in half?

I’ve also read that he had a box top torn in half. That came from Lamar Waldron’s book so you have to consider the source on that one.

The only information on the two "half bills" is this unidentified note here, with no other context known: http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/22/2288-001.gif

2288-001.gif

Edited by Micah Mileto

1 minute ago, Micah Mileto said:

The only information on the two "half bills" is this unidentified note here, with no other context known: http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/22/2288-001.gif

2288-001.gif

Thanks. I’ve heard the story of the torn bills hundreds of times but don’t remember actually seeing any type of evidence of them.

24 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

2288-001.gif

So this note is supposedly from the DPD files, on Oswald?  Any idea what the circled 180 and 221 relate to? Is there a box or file number for it regarding the Dallas Archives?