The Education Forum

A Beginner's Guide to the Conspiracy Game

14 minutes ago, Paul Bacon said:

See Lance, it's just a game, like the "Conspiracy Game", just a game... you're taking yourself pretty seriously, aren't you.  These posts don't take me but a minute, while your wall of words must take hours...

Yes Paul bring your A game when you mess with Lance. Animals and the Afterlife--- how long was this kook embedded in the legal system in Arizona? New Age kook Lance is another reason  people want to steer clear of our courts. It's a haven for kooks and loonies like Lance. 

Edited by Jim Harwood

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jim Harwood said:

Yes I thought parts of your first post was structured very similar to articles printed and distributed by the Seligman Sunbeam, so why is that a  melt down? 

That has to be the ultimate in obscure references.  Are you a collector of old editions of the Seligman Sunbeam or something?  The Seligman Sunbeam???  I've looked again at the Wikipedia article and even at such images of the aforesaid Seligman Sunbeam as I could find online, and I truly have no idea what you are talking about or why the structure of my original post should have reminded you of this obscure, defunct old rag.  That you would make this connection does strike me as, well, a bit odd.  Not genocidal kook odd, mind you, but odd nonetheless.

If nothing else, I feel sure that neither I nor anyone else here will ever look at another of your posts without thinking of the Seligman Sunbeam.

4 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

That has to be the ultimate in obscure references.  Are you a collector of old editions of the Seligman Sunbeam or something?  The Seligman Sunbeam???  I've looked again at the Wikipedia article and even at such images of the aforesaid Seligman Sunbeam as I could find online, and I truly have no idea what you are talking about or why the structure of my original post should have reminded you of this obscure, defunct old rag.  That you would make this connection does strike me as, well, a bit odd.  Not genocidal kook odd, mind you, but odd nonetheless.

If nothing else, I feel sure that neither I nor anyone else here will ever look at another of your posts without thinking of the Seligman Sunbeam.

Your post has many of the kooky religious fundamental stylings and polemics that could be found in Ride a Pale Horse (???) by Bill Cooper. It also reminds me of the argument style of whacked out evangelicals steeped in apologetics. Who knows your post may have been twice removed before you cribbed it? And what I mean is the method or style of arguing your point or premise, not religion or scripture, just the method used in apologetics to argue scripture. 

Edited by Jim Harwood

1 minute ago, Jim Harwood said:

Yes Paul bring your A game when you mess with Lance. Animals and the Afterlife--- how long was this kook embedded in the legal system in Arizona? New Age kook Lance is another reason  people want to steer clear of our courts. It's a haven for kooks and loonies like Lance. 

Hate to strut my stuff, Sunbeam, but I did score in the 99.7th percentile on the Law School Admissions Test and 99th percentile on the Graduate Record Examination, did graduate cum laude from college with a degree in journalism and magna cum laude from law school, did receive two American Jurisprudence awards, was elected to the prestigious Order of the Coif (top 10% of law school graduates), do have three published law review articles as well as two fiction pieces in the Arizona Attorney magazine, did practice law for more than 35 years with nary a bar complaint, was an antitrust attorney and regional counsel for Xerox Corporation, was the first Arizona civil attorney ever to be named Prosecutor of the Year for work that was submitted to the U.S. DOJ, and do have something like 20 published opinions in the Arizona Court of Appeals and Arizona Supreme Court in which I either wrote the brief, appeared at oral argument or did both.

So that's "this kook," Sunbeam.  And you are … who?

12 minutes ago, Jim Harwood said:

Your post has many of the kooky religious fundamental stylings and polemics that could be found in Ride a Pale Horse (???) by Bill Cooper. It also reminds me of the argument style of whacked out evangelicals steeped in apologetics. Who knows your post may have been twice removed before you cribbed it? And what I mean is the method or style of arguing your point or premise, not religion or scripture, just the method used in apologetics to argue scripture. 

Your post is virtually unintelligible and pretty close to irrational.  I rest my case.  That you people do not seem to grasp that you are serving to underscore the very points made in my original post is jaw-dropping, but I thank you.  BTW, it's Behold a Pale Horse.

28 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

It did indeed take hours, but it was part of a larger and more substantial project.  Your "Twitter posts" take but a minute and say precisely nothing - this is your idea of a game, is it?  Does the game have any point, or is it truly mental masturbation?  Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me here?  (Mae West, for the uninformed.)  My point is simply that even your one-liners better receive more attention than they seem to be receiving, or I will cheerfully reduce you to rubble.

Hey, I've been reduced to rubble by people far smarter than you....

What a hoot, Sunbeam fans:  The late unlamented Seligman Sunbeam had a lot more in common with you folks than moi, at least according to the cognitive infiltrators at Wikipedia:

Around this time a self-styled prophet named Edward Aloysius Roberts, known as Bab, purchased the paper. Roberts claimed he was the voice for a deity or entity he called Delamer Duverus.[12] The focus of the newspaper greatly changed at this point. It no longer covered local news, but instead published extreme anti-Semitic and conspiracy theories.[13] In this newspaper and his additional writings and publications, including his book The Golden Reed, which he authored under the name Delamer Duverus, he attacked people of the Jewish faith and talked extensively about evil spirits and corrupt government.[14] Publication of the then-named American Sunbeam ended in 1986 with the death of Roberts.[15]

15 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

Your post is virtually unintelligible and pretty close to irrational.  I rest my case.  That you people do not seem to grasp that you are serving to underscore the very points made in my original post is jaw-dropping, but I thank you.  BTW, it's Behold a Pale Horse.

And just think you can contact that Pale Horse in the after life! 

14 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

What a hoot, Sunbeam fans:  The late unlamented Seligman Sunbeam had a lot more in common with you folks than moi, at least according to the cognitive infiltrators at Wikipedia:

Around this time a self-styled prophet named Edward Aloysius Roberts, known as Bab, purchased the paper. Roberts claimed he was the voice for a deity or entity he called Delamer Duverus.[12] The focus of the newspaper greatly changed at this point. It no longer covered local news, but instead published extreme anti-Semitic and conspiracy theories.[13] In this newspaper and his additional writings and publications, including his book The Golden Reed, which he authored under the name Delamer Duverus, he attacked people of the Jewish faith and talked extensively about evil spirits and corrupt government.[14] Publication of the then-named American Sunbeam ended in 1986 with the death of Roberts.[15]

No one claimed to be a fan there Lance Peyote. You're making a false assertion. What I wrote in my irrational (animals in the after life don't qualify to the genius Lance Peyote as irrational thought) post is your style of argument reminded me of the whacky Sunbeam newsletter.  I rest my case.

Edited by Jim Harwood

29 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

Hate to strut my stuff, Sunbeam, but I did score in the 99.7th percentile on the Law School Admissions Test and 99th percentile on the Graduate Record Examination, did graduate cum laude from college with a degree in journalism and magna cum laude from law school, did receive two American Jurisprudence awards, was elected to the prestigious Order of the Coif (top 10% of law school graduates), do have three published law review articles as well as two fiction pieces in the Arizona Attorney magazine, did practice law for more than 35 years with nary a bar complaint, was an antitrust attorney and regional counsel for Xerox Corporation, was the first Arizona civil attorney ever to be named Prosecutor of the Year for work that was submitted to the U.S. DOJ, and do have something like 20 published opinions in the Arizona Court of Appeals and Arizona Supreme Court in which I either wrote the brief, appeared at oral argument or did both.

coif
/kwäf/
noun
a woman's close-fitting cap, now only worn under a veil by nuns.

Your intellect is as unimpressive as any I have ever seen.  Just goes to show our standards have so dropped 

37 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

Here an example of fact versus fiction. As Lance Peyote revels in showing his resume we have an article stating Peyote was named Drug Attorney of the Year in Y2010. Over the past several years American's have been dropping like flies in an epidemic of illegal drugs. Why do authorities bull shiat like they do so that some new age kook like Lance Peyote can pad his meaningless resume? 

https://www.wmicentral.com/news/navajo_county/lance-payette-named-drug-attorney-of-the-year/article_e5dffa72-d247-5c80-80f3-a6175bdb44ca.html

9 minutes ago, Jim Harwood said:

coif
/kwäf/
noun
a woman's close-fitting cap, now only worn under a veil by nuns.

Your intellect is as unimpressive as any I have ever seen.  Just goes to show our standards have so dropped 

Fella, you are so far out of your league that you are really and truly embarrassing yourself.  If you don't mind, I don't mind - but honestly, get a second opinion before you post again.  (For anyone who cares about the silly Order of the Coif, the "coif" is the wig traditionally worn by English barristers and judges.)

FYI, the award was Prosecutor of the Year.  "Drug attorney of the year" was that particular newspaper's description.  If there were an award called "Drug Attorney of the Year," it would probably go to a criminal defense attorney.

Edited by Guest

"Animals and the Afterlife was an incredibly successful book that launched the author onto a very successful career.  I had been told that my little story - which occurred more than 30 years ago, with the book being published (I think) in about 2000 - hadn't made the cut, but then I received a free copy of the book and there it was.  It was simply a dream involving a dead, beloved dog that could be interpreted as precognitive because it also involved a beloved cat who died shortly thereafter.  I am happy for others to read it - I have had what are called After Death Communications that were a hell of a lot more startling than THAT."

What?  People are bored?  Why is anyone talking to this fellow?  I think he has run afoul of that rule about intelligent people always believing they are right.

Edited by John Butler

8 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

Also, for those who don’t know, or don’t recall, Lance’s parents, or grandparents were tycoons in the United Fruit empire, IIRC. Perhaps Lance will reiterate that relationship, for the sake of accuracy.

Well now, this goes to explain a lot, The United Fruit Co., well what do you know, Lorenzo Dow Baker.   Thanks for this, as it opens up some new doors.  Actually, Baker was involved in the early history of the company in the 1800's, before it was called United Fruit.

Lance, I've taken quite a bit of time researching your background over the past 8 months, but I still can't see where you went to High School.   You live in a highly Mormon area of Arizona, but I don't think you're a Mormon with that remark you made about Missionarys visiting you.  (I don't believe your comment, btw.)

In your avatar, you state you're involved in 'Christian theology', so I don't think you're Roman Catholic, as Catholics refer to themselves as Catholics, and not Christians, (usually).   However, you did make a comment about 'holy water', so maybe you are a Catholic.   Can you clear it up for me Lance, are you Roman Catholic?

5 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

Fella, you are so far out of your league that you are really and truly embarrassing yourself.  If you don't mind, I don't mind - but honestly, get a second opinion before you post again.  (For anyone who cares about the silly Order of the Coif, the "coif" is the wig traditionally worn by English barristers and judges.)

FYI, the award was Prosecutor of the Year.  "Drug attorney of the year" was that particular newspaper's description.  If there were an award called "Drug Attorney of the Year," it would probably go to a criminal defense attorney.

You believe in after life for animals and you're not embarrassed so why worry about me? I understand you were on the prosecutors side but that makes it worse. If you were so great why did the drug trade flourish in subsequent years? Cause dumb dumb Lance goes after the small fry dealers and leaves the bigger fish to remain in business untouched. In other words like your resume it's all BS.