The Education Forum

Secret Service

Every time I watch the movie Eight Men Out, which is about the fixed world series in 1919, and I see that scene with reporters just as the series is about to start keeping a scorecard of mistakes and errors made by Chicago White Socks players to see who was in on the fix I can't help but think of the JFK assassination and the secret service. I've heard certain names throughout the years brought up as being in on the fix as in the assassination plot and some debated whether they were or not. I'm hoping Vince Palamara will chime in on this post because I would love to see his opinion on who he definitely thinks had foreknowledge of the plot, who simply covered up after the fact, and who in the secret service he thinks was not involved in any way and tried to get some of the truth out in their own subtle way. I know Vince would definitely count Floyd Boring in as having foreknowledge. And given his actions (or inaction) I'd find it hard to believe the driver Greer wasn't involved. Some like Kellerman I'm iffy about. I would love to see which agents Mr. Palamara would definitively say were in on it.

Hi, Jamey!

Thanks! I did a lot of in-depth posting about this and related issues (on this forum) last year, so much so that several of them wound up in my "greatest hits" compilation of online articles:

https://vincepalamara.com/2018/07/04/my-greatest-posts-and-videos-the-jfk-secret-service-in-detail/

See also my four books, especially my first and my latest (from 2018):

https://www.amazon.com/Whos-Who-Secret-Service-Historys/dp/1634241819/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1520593855&sr=1-4

I've wondered about Greer and Kellerman for years.  I don't think either of them would have willingly put themselves as directly in the line of fire as they ended up.  In the "flurry of shots" Kellerman described.  But it's likely that at least Greer was told something might happen, maybe a "security test" as Vince has alluded to before.  Maybe that a fake attack as to occur to scare JFK into attacking Cuba as a result of a Castro supporter attempting to assassinate him.  Either way I think Greer was told to stop at the sound of a shot.  The exact opposite of his training and Secret Service protocol.  

Floyd Boring telling Agent Ready to get back on the running board when he started to respond like Clint Hill did is a dead giveaway to me on his foreknowledge.  His leaving the agent behind at Love field waving his arms is another.  The DPD followed instructions from the Secret Service regarding the motorcycle cops lagging behind the rear fenders, instead of the normal right beside him, more of them, boxing him in so to speak.  

From Boring the trail leads up.  Maybe all the way to the top.  The Secret Service reports to the Treasury, headed by C. Douglass Dillon, friend and associate of Allan Dulles, both of Wall Street and the CFR. 

On 9/5/2019 at 11:11 AM, Jamey Flanagan said:

I believe it was Emory Roberts who was in the motorcade ordering agents off the rear of the Presidential limo and such if my memory serves correct. I think Boring was just in charge of putting together the trip and planning but was not in Dealey Plaza in the motorcade. 

Yes, your right of course.  And I knew that.  What I was thinking when I said Boring I have no idea, no excuse.

Roberts is the key to the whole SS "stand down" at the scene of the assassination.  He had to know what was going to happen.  He waved off the rear bumper and left behind Lawson and (a protesting) Rybka at Love Field.  He later admitted he recognized the first shot as a gunshot.  As the agent in charge of the vehicle, and responsible for watching JFK, instead of sounding an alarm calling his agents to action he did the exact opposite and told them "don't move".  When agent Ready stepped off the running board right next to him, starting to respond like Hill did, he ordered him back on board.  Later he Lied about the speed of the vehicles and distance between them to facilitate his "reasoning" for his actions.

I firmly believe someone, above him, told him what was going to happen and ordered him to not allow his agents to interfere.

So Vince, I work 12 hour weekend shifts and I listened to a 5 hour long video of yours today at work and at least at that time you singled out 3 agents: Floyd Boring, Emory Roberts, and William Greer. You thought all the other agents were just negligent or accessories after the fact. Am I correct? Are you still under that opinion? And if so are there any you're slightly iffy on? Just curious if any other agents actions or words have set off your radar. I agree on the 3 you named and believe the president's security could have been stripped with just these 3, a bunch of hungover and sleep deprived agents and a few who hated Kennedy's lifestyle and immorality. Some other agents actions were questionable. By the way, I saw a YouTube video a month or two ago that had an interview of Sam Kinney's neighbor who says Kinney revealed to him that he found the stretcher bullet in the limo outside Parkland while cleaning it and he walked inside and put it on the stretcher. Just curious if you've heard this story and if so what you thought of it.

On 9/3/2019 at 5:09 PM, Terry Adams said:

Although some may not agree with my assessment, I think that there was only one(1) secret service man who went waaaay above and beyond his job duties that day, and his name is Clint Hill.

Don't forget Glen Bennett.  His contemporaneous written notes and day-after report are corroborated by the Willis 5 and Altgens 6 photos, the location of the bullet holes in the clothes, the verified death certificate, the verified autopsy face sheet, and the consensus statements of almost a hundred eye/ear witnesses.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

I disagree about Clint Hill. I wouldn't say he went above and beyond. I think it's more a case of all the others doing nothing and at least he did something. If you make a C in class it looks way better if everyone else made F's, lol! He was the only one who did a remotely competent job, but in no way,  shape or form would I describe it as going above and beyond his duties. At the very best he did the job every agent should be expected to do. I know there are still people out there who believe the currently accepted Zapruder film is the authentic camera original but at the very least I believe they removed frames showing the wide turn on Elm, the limo stop (or possibly 2 limo stops), and I believe the sign JFK goes behind at the moment he was he hit was embellished or fabricated to conceal something. Anyway I included that opinion in this post because I think the only reason Clint Hill was able to catch the limo at all was because it stopped momentarily at least for the headshot. And now it's almost regarded as this mythical, superhuman feat chasing down the limo (even if it were going only 11 mph at the time) when in reality the only reason he made it at all was because of the limo stop.